• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I like everyone doing some work

On the other, woof. Really needed to think this through.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Wait a minute... where'd Mitsuri go? Dammit, did she get sidelined again!?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Nezuko not doing shit really sucks. It's like the mangaka just stopped caring about her and just wanted to focus on the Demon Slayers.

Likewise for Kanao. Where the hell did she even go?

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck was this, lmao. Did Tanjiro lose an arm?

Watch Muzan infecting Tanjiro and now being Nezuko the one that needs to save him.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
JVXxxmP.jpg

Amazing chapter. Muzan continues to be pathetic but man this was hype. Loved seeing everyone come together and desperately do everything they can.
Oh yeah, now I can repost this without the spoielr tag
nvbg4u848bh41.png
Lmao
I can't believe Tanjiro and Giyu had a sort of Father/Son Kamehameha moment. I love that so much.
So good.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I guess people have already commented to it several times but:

Was Nezuko being immune to sunlight a red herring of her simply turning back into a human? That would be next level types of fail for Muzan if he sacrificed literally everything he has chasing nothing.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This is so great haha Muzan just a giant baby. Though what's Nezuko going to do? Really seemed like they were setting it up for another nezuko and tanjiro team up again but Muzan seems pretty done now.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I guess people have already commented to it several times but:

Was Nezuko being immune to sunlight a red herring of her simply turning back into a human? That would be next level types of fail for Muzan if he sacrificed literally everything he has chasing nothing.
I'd guess she was immune to the sun because she's from a family of sun breathers. Muzan went there to create a demon that could resist the sun and thought they all died and he had failed, then it turned out she had successfully been turned but I guess he didn't know.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
How is snake boy still doing anything

Man Muzan is being more pathetic every chapter.

Somebody needs to whip him into shape

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Does this show get better? Watched the first 4 eps and the art and visuals are great but I can't take it seriously with a 13yo kid fighting demons. wish it was darker and grittier like Berserk 90s anime

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Does this show get better? Watched the first 4 eps and the art and visuals are great but I can't take it seriously with a 13yo kid fighting demons. wish it was darker and grittier like Berserk 90s anime
That's a weird slide against it considering this is a shonen anime. Anyway, it does get much darker and grittier. Albeit nowhere near your likeing if you're asking for something akin to Berserk.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

This is the manga thread.
The Anime thread is over there >>>

And since you asked about it getting darker......well it def does that.
Espec or a shonen.

But complaining thaat a shonen manga is a shonen manga is a really weird thing to do.
Its like people complaining that all they do in a racing game is drive cars around a track.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Shonen" means young man/boy in Japanese. For anime/manga, the term is primarily used to describe the main demographic (even if those series aren't only read/watched by boys). Berserk is "seinen", or for adult men (again, doesn't mean they're the only ones reading) so it can get away with stuff that would never be featured in this series.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
So Tanjiro is missing his right eye and left arm, meanwhile Giyu is missing right arm and Kanao is missing her left eye.

What does the crocodile mean by this?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
a
Nezuko not doing shit really sucks. It's like the mangaka just stopped caring about her and just wanted to focus on the Demon Slayers.

Likewise for Kanao. Where the hell did she even go?
It would have been a 10/10 chapter if Kanao was one of the people driving a car into Muzan.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
*puts on fanboy hat*

Ushio and Tora is a Kazuhiro Fujita manga, and Kazuhiro Fujita is a madman who has been putting out shonen mangas for 30 years now and all of them are fucking amazeballs. (Well, the ones I've read so far, which unfortunately isn't all of them because his stuff isn't really popular/well known in the western world so there's barely anything official let alone fan translated.)
The guy knows how to draw hot-blooded action and combine them with great stories full of emotion, great characters and avalanches of twists.
Ushio and Tora is his first manga. It got a 39 ep. anime adaption which isn't as great as the manga (happens when you condense 300+ chapters into 39 episodes...) but still pretty good all things considered, especially the end game.
Another one of his works is Karakuri Circus, which I fucking love (unfortunately there is no way to read it completely in english at the moment :/ ). It also got a 36 ep anime which I think covers everything? Would probably advise against it though, since it's incredibly rushed (it's a 400 chapter manga...) and I had to drop it a couple eps in. Glorious opening though.
streamable.com

Watch Karakuri Circus OP 1 (720p) | Streamable

Watch "Karakuri Circus OP 1 (720p)" on Streamable.

Then his current work is Souboutei Must Be Destroyed, which is just brilliant. It's a modern horror themed action shonen about destroying... a mansion. It fucking rules.
RdvKFb8.png

n4aVmIE.png

lEE3yzp.png

10DPb5z.png

mQ98ioz.png
It has like a 190 chapters right now.

There's another long running manga from him I haven't read yet, Moonlight Act, but it's probably amazeballs too.
I think the only thing you can read officially in english from him is the 2 volume long The Black Museum: Ghost and Lady. Which contains 2 short stories basically.

*puts away fanboy hat*

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is so great haha Muzan just a giant baby. Though what's Nezuko going to do? Really seemed like they were setting it up for another nezuko and tanjiro team up again but Muzan seems pretty done now.
I have a feeling she's going to show up just to watch him die.

I hope I'm not accurate on this.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome chapter. Wish we had more of this stuff happen throughout the battle rather than just in the last two chapters, but now is better than never I guess.

Kanroji and kanao doing nothing was really disappointing. Zenitsu and Boar were also weirdly absent. Nezuko hasn't done anything either.

I really hope this isn't the end.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Muzan's still aging really fast right?
What if his cells adapted to sunlight during the few dozen years he was inside his baby armor and next chapter he will still be there standing after the "outer layer" has burned away.

OP
OP
Blackleg-sanji1
Oct 25, 2017
*puts on fanboy hat*

Ushio and Tora is a Kazuhiro Fujita manga, and Kazuhiro Fujita is a madman who has been putting out shonen mangas for 30 years now and all of them are fucking amazeballs. (Well, the ones I've read so far, which unfortunately isn't all of them because his stuff isn't really popular/well known in the western world so there's barely anything official let alone fan translated.)
The guy knows how to draw hot-blooded action and combine them with great stories full of emotion, great characters and avalanches of twists.
Ushio and Tora is his first manga. It got a 39 ep. anime adaption which isn't as great as the manga (happens when you condense 300+ chapters into 39 episodes...) but still pretty good all things considered, especially the end game.
Another one of his works is Karakuri Circus, which I fucking love (unfortunately there is no way to read it completely in english at the moment :/ ). It also got a 36 ep anime which I think covers everything? Would probably advise against it though, since it's incredibly rushed (it's a 400 chapter manga...) and I had to drop it a couple eps in. Glorious opening though.
streamable.com

Then his current work is Souboutei Must Be Destroyed, which is just brilliant. It's a modern horror themed action shonen about destroying... a mansion. It fucking rules.
RdvKFb8.png

n4aVmIE.png

lEE3yzp.png

10DPb5z.png

mQ98ioz.png

There's another long running manga from him I haven't read yet, Moonlight Act, but it's probably amazeballs too.
I think the only thing you can read officially in english from him is the 2 volume long The Black Museum: Ghost and Lady. Which contains 2 short stories basically.

*puts away fanboy hat*
This was the greatest fanboy post ever and I love it!!!
lmao

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Really Muzan feels like one of those Villains who gets usurp at the last minute by a better villain, Koku or Akaza or hell even Douma would have been a better final boss

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, Ushio and Tora was over 300 chapters? I liked the anime for what it is and never looked st the source material. I might have to change that.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is who can still fight at this point
Well if it happens like that I would expect Muzan to be literally on his last legs and not suddenly be full health again, so a final all out effort that has a few more pillars dying or losing some limbs and ramming some more cards into him would maybe be enough.
But who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wait, Ushio and Tora was over 300 chapters? I liked the anime for what it is and never looked st the source material. I might have to change that.
Yeah it has 312 chapters. The anime did a good job for what it was, but it was obviously compressed as hell and skipped big chunks.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
My prediction that Tanjiro gonna die looking real good.
That baby skin shield thing was pretty cool.
It's getting funny at this point how unkillable this guys are.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In the end did Muzan kill anyone this arc?
He killed a whole bunch of demon slayers on his way to Tanjiro and Giyu. And Tamayo.
And I'm not convinced everyone that participated in the fight will walk away from this...

*puts on fanboy hat*

streamable.com

RdvKFb8.png

n4aVmIE.png

lEE3yzp.png

10DPb5z.png

mQ98ioz.png

*puts away fanboy hat*
I really liked the Ushio and Tora anime. Guess I'll look into the manga. Will do the same for Karakuri Circus, which has an interesting premise but I fell off the anime.