• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have we been baited with a death yet?
There haven't been many straight forward deaths yet for such major characters. Muzan AND Gonpachiro dying so straight away with nothing else just like that is not going to fly. The last thing we saw of Tanjiro "alive" is being absorbed by the baby. You don't do stuff like that because you feel like it over what is meant to be the last boss.

That scene in itself is going to have some repercusion. Whether there's a fight inside of Tanjiro for between him and Muzan to take over his body or whether Muzan straight up took over his body, or if Tanjiro is now the main demon and a demon slayer, it just doesn't make sense to me from a writing perspective to have shit like that and it not being Chekhovs gun

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I think Tanjiro will come alive possessed by the last remnants of Muzan.

Nezuko will heal him/burn out the last traces. They get a tearful goodbye. RIP T-boy.

Nezuko and Zenitsu get married. Epilogue blah blah blah.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
He is very obviously inside Tanjiro and will try to take over only to be stopped by Nezuko. There is a reason Tanjiro got sucked into the giant baby last chapter and Nezuko/Kanao have been suspiciously absent from the last battle.
The baby means a new life. Muzan turned into a giant baby, and absorbed Tanjiro to start a new life inside of him. Demonic Tanjiro will appear on the next chapter. Team shenanigans.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about the series, i thought the author would dive more into the topic of how demons were humans... Tanjiro in the anime adaptation shows compassion and understanding to the creatures, something the other pillars heavily lacked. I thought they would make a point later regarding that attitude (something more than the sad flashback before hell).

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about the series, i thought the author would dive more into the topic of how demons were humans... Tanjiro in the anime adaptation shows compassion and understanding to the creatures, something the other pillars heavily lacked. I thought they would make a point later regarding that attitude (something more than the sad flashback before hell).
I think that's just supposed to be his personality and show how he's not really fit to be a Demon Slayer.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think that's just supposed to be his personality and show how he's not really fit to be a Demon Slayer.

But it also exposed the flaws of the pillars that think only in absolutes. They are presented like quite the shady group, where Giyuu is actually the one that changes after meeting Tanjiro.

I don't know, i think it was something interesting to consider.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

There's frankly a lot of stuff the series could've explored more. Just gotta take how it is I guess

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still feel if the author had really wanted to they could have easily given plenty of breathing room with a few more arcs and some downtime for characterization. What you mention is exactly what made Tanjiro interesting (besides his caring brother/leader type of personality that makes him stand out from many protags) and I still can't help but feel this last arc may have some dope fight scenes but I just can't feel too satisfied with it from a resolution perspective.

Because let's be honest they aren't going to pull some Book 2 Stardust Demon Slayers with Nezukos grand child going to hunt demon tanjiro years down the line shit. This is over and its only in its final downward ride from the high of constant battles to end it as effectively as possible following this arc.

My bet is on Tanjiro seeing Muzans flashback inside his heart which kicks his heartbeat (or alternatively he returns as a good demon) and we then get a flashforward at the very end of "where they are now" type of deal. Kanao wasn't shown explicitly as dying so im sure she is alive so they can see her recovered in the flashforward too.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I still feel if the author had really wanted to they could have easily given plenty of breathing room with a few more arcs and some downtime for characterization. What you mention is exactly what made Tanjiro interesting (besides his caring brother/leader type of personality that makes him stand out from many protags) and I still can't help but feel this last arc may have some dope fight scenes but I just can't feel too satisfied with it from a resolution perspective.

Because let's be honest they aren't going to pull some Book 2 Stardust Demon Slayers with Nezukos grand child going to hunt demon tanjiro years down the line shit. This is over and its only in its final downward ride from the high of constant battles to end it as effectively as possible following this arc.

My bet is on Tanjiro seeing Muzans flashback inside his heart which kicks his heartbeat (or alternatively he returns as a good demon) and we then get a flashforward at the very end of "where they are now" type of deal. Kanao wasn't shown explicitly as dying so im sure she is alive so they can see her recovered in the flashforward too.
We already got a Muzan flashback, so I don't really know what else there would be to show.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
He's coming back

ad3e3pl2z0w31.png

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Went to Muzans wiki page and there's no way in hell they aren't having some form of fun with it. They have like 3 separate listing of whip abilities and also under weaknesses list: complex poisons.

Like it isn't not true, but I lold

So any news on if this is really the final arc?

Edit: I never know if someone not reading pops in here due to no "spoilers" in title or something.
All the upper and lower moon are dead, 90 percent of the main human forces who stood a chance are dead, and at this point there is nobody left to fight a reincarnated muzan so tanjiro is either dead with him or taking him down with me. I can't think of a satisfying way to continue this.

Last edited:

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
fuck i almost cried reading the latest chapter

Nearly got me like Rengoku.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think Tanjiro will come alive possessed by the last remnants of Muzan.
The baby means a new life. Muzan turned into a giant baby, and absorbed Tanjiro to start a new life inside of him. Demonic Tanjiro will appear on the next chapter. Team shenanigans.
I am Team Yes as well
Noted.
Went to Muzans wiki page and there's no way in hell they aren't having some form of fun with it. They have like 3 separate listing of whip abilities and also under weaknesses list: complex poisons.

Lol just checked and that's good.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
What was Kanao supposed to do? She was basically blind and already fucked up. Not like she was a huge musclebound dude like Himejiwa who could at least use his brawn for something.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He, all of you believing that Tanjiro is alive.

Obviously when baby Muzan ate him, he took over his body and is now immune to the sun. He will act like Tanjiro and will await the moment to kill everyone. Obviously the whipping part 2 will start with Muzan looking like a buffed Tanjiro and being able to use breathing forms too. It's the Demon King Part 2 from Nanatsu no Taizai.

Edit: I see i am not the only one thinking this lol

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Tanjiro needs to regain conciseness to drop a cheesy one liner that is tonally out of place.

So far I have "Muzan, more like lose-zan" but I'm sure we can do better.
He, all of you believing that Tanjiro is alive.

Obviously when baby Muzan ate him, he took over his body and is now immune to the sun. He will act like Tanjiro and will await the moment to kill everyone. Obviously the whipping part 2 will start with Muzan looking like a buffed Tanjiro and being able to use breathing forms too. It's the Demon King Part 2 from Nanatsu no Taizai.

Edit: I see i am not the only one thinking this lol
Worth it just to see how Muzan would attempt to act like Tanjiro.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018

Edit: I never know if someone not reading pops in here due to no "spoilers" in title or something.
All the upper and lower moon are dead, 90 percent of the main human forces who stood a chance are dead, and at this point there is nobody left to fight a reincarnated muzan so tanjiro is either dead with him or taking him down with me. I can't think of a satisfying way to continue this.

when in doubt, timeskip

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tanjiro needs to regain conciseness to drop a cheesy one liner that is tonally out of place.

So far I have "Muzan, more like lose-zan" but I'm sure we can do better.

Worth it just to see how Muzan would attempt to act like Tanjiro.
He wakes up looks around, sees the dead bodies and goes 'mmmmmmmm check pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase" then the Seinfeld bass plays