• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite character so far?

• Tanjiro!

Votes: 167 30.0%
  • Nezuko!

Votes: 150 26.9%
  • Zenitsu!

Votes: 78 14.0%
  • Inosuke!

Votes: 113 20.3%
  • Muzan!

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Giyuu Tomioka!

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Shinobu

Votes: 23 4.1%

• Total voters

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Willing to concede my thoughts are currently clouded by hype lol
That's ok. Demon Slayer is definitely in the upper echelons. HxH is the Greatest Shonen of All Time in my opinion, so I know I'm biased too, lol. Yorknew is my favorite arc from any anime, ever. It was perfectly executed. Spider Mountain, I would argue, was also perfectly executed, but it was short, and pretty much straight forward. Yorknew on the other hand had many intricate story lines woven into the plot by that point, and is just on another level to me.
HxH stans incoming

giphy.gif
Lol. Represent.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Finished up the last few episodes. Great stuff, nice and relaxing after the craziness of spider mountain. Gonna be awhile for the film I guess but I was able to wait for Attack on Titan season 2 without reading ahead so I should be good.

The camera movement in the escheresque meeting place of the demons was awesome, felt like Ufotable was just showing off lol.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm up to episode 15 and i feel like i'm missing something regarding (don't know what's the spoiler rule in this thread so just to be safe)

the Kibutsuji curse that killed ball demon. Tanjiro didn't ask any questions after it happened and what the lady doctor said beforehand didn't really explain much. I took a small break around episode 8 so...am i forgetting something important or is it just going to be explained at a later time?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm up to episode 15 and i feel like i'm missing something regarding (don't know what's the spoiler rule in this thread so just to be safe)

the Kibutsuji curse that killed ball demon. Tanjiro didn't ask any questions after it happened and what the lady doctor said beforehand didn't really explain much. I took a small break around episode 8 so...am i forgetting something important or is it just going to be explained at a later time?
If it's from a previous episode I'm assuming discussion is free real estate. That said, I myself need to go back and watch this show over from the beginning. I'm already forgetting some stuff too, such as what you were talking about in the spoiler tag.

How long do you think before they bring out a bluray set?

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Brah I really can't wait to see the Infinity Train movie. It's gonna look glorious.

I wonder if the special event for KNY is gonna be a trailer for the movie.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
From that clip, I think Zenitsu sounded the best, Giyu fit too. Maybe Inosuke will sound better after his throat is crushed.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017

I took it to mean that, since they were given Muzan's blood, if they do anything that can be construed as betrayal, they will be terminated by having their own bodies turned against them. Even things as simple as saying his name can be interpreted as a slight in the wrong circumstances.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
has any digital music provider gotten the OST discs? I really don't wanna buy a physical disc ever again. Who the hell doesn't digitally release music in 2019 god damn.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First episode of the dub was good, to no surprise.
i think the dub will end up being decent to good. Folks will have to get used to just how different the voice actors are to the japanese counterparts but Western VA dubs have come a LONG way. Yes I will still prefer the sub in this case, but plenty of cases the dub has been just as good if not better.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
That moment in episode 19 definitley reaches peaks that HxH would hit, but comparing it overall to the Yorknew arc? It's like a long/complex arc vs a straightforward mini arc. Feel like compring it overall in that way is a bit weird. I hope this show gets into those longer more involved arcs at some point.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 19 is great but it definitely does not reach any of the peaks in the CA arc lol

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When I think of Anime special announcements I think of OVAs or new season announcements. But considering we already have the movie announced which covers the very next arc, and the likelyhood the new season gets announced at some point once the movie is released, I don't know what it could be. OVA for Anime original content from the Manga author?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
When I think of Anime special announcements I think of OVAs or new season announcements. But considering we already have the movie announced which covers the very next arc, and the likelyhood the new season gets announced at some point once the movie is released, I don't know what it could be. OVA for Anime original content from the Manga author?
My ideal scenario would be an OVA for Kimetsu Gakuen or the Tomioka Giyu Gaiden. I doubt it'll happen though...

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the season last night. The ending was a bit flat, but I get that they have to do setup for the next arc. Hopefully we don't have to wait more than a year or two for more content...

Btw, how far ahead is the manga right now, arc-wise? Is this an Attack on Titan situation where there just wasn't enough manga to justify a second season for years?

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Finished the season last night. The ending was a bit flat, but I get that they have to do setup for the next arc. Hopefully we don't have to wait more than a year or two for more content...

Btw, how far ahead is the manga right now, arc-wise? Is this an Attack on Titan situation where there just wasn't enough manga to justify a second season for years?
The manga's got five arcs ahead of the anime. The first of which is being adapted into a movie. If the rest will be adapted as anime seasons, we've got two more seasons' worth of content plus the movie.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finished it over the weekend and loved it. Happy there continues to be projects with amazing production values besides mha and titan. Also, what tanjiro said to kanao at the end was smoooooooth

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm just starting with this series, about 6 episodes into the anime, but I have a question -

It never explicitly showed him learn supernatural/magic abilities, and the way it expresses the 'threads' thing makes those seem as if he's imagining them. Is the water-aspect magic stuff that surrounds his sword also just a representation of the force he's exerting or is he literally summoning water?

Also what's with his unexplained head scar changing?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting with this series, about 6 episodes into the anime, but I have a question -

It never explicitly showed him learn supernatural/magic abilities, and the way it expresses the 'threads' thing makes those seem as if he's imagining them. Is the water-aspect magic stuff that surrounds his sword also just a representation of the force he's exerting or is he literally summoning water?

Also what's with his unexplained head scar changing?

He's not literally summoning water, it's a purely stylistic detail.

The head scar thing gets explained ahead of where the anime is.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never considered they wanted to show a slightly more complete movie trailer. Makes sense. Good to know they're aiming for 2020 at the most that's about 1 year away. I feel the most likely release date is going to be summer 2020 in Japan and hopefully not too far off for a western showing.