• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

So the camera thing was just for the trailer to be more cinematic and only shows up when idle.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I read title too fast and thought McDonald's was having a promotion with Demons Souls.

I was ready to order the Archstone Big Mac.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda bummed about the camera from the trailer being changed. I really liked the look of it.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
To his point about if you liked the trailer you'll like the game but if not you won't, I understand the reaction people have to the new stuff, but personally I think it looks fine. Probably the only thing I've seen that I don't love is the Fat Official. So I did like the trailer....but then I saw the fat official.

I try to be openminded about this stuff but the new design really seems to completely miss the point of the original. The new one looks all sinister. Like this evil grin. The old one had this look that was sinister because it was so freakishly over the top and cartoony. Like it was trying to look pleasant but doing so is what makes it creepy. The new one doesn't look creepy at all because it's got a sinister, evil grin. Oh well. I hope the rest of the game is really only maybe some nitpicks like this.

A lot of areas are definitely improved though. I like how shrine of storms is actually stormy. It was very, very dull and ugly before. Pretty excited for the new one.

And I'm sorry I don't have a higher res version of the cover than this, but there was a really high res version where you could fairly clearly see the fat official's face and when I noticed that. Ah well.

aP09Imf1HE1HKb6VycNyMMRF.jpg

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bluepoint literally cannot miss. After SotC I'd trust them to remake anything.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Edit: Actually it appears on Discord he outright said it wasn't in there.

Last edited:

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have an estimation of what the camera looks like now? I thought it looked fantastic in the gameplay trailer so hearing that it's different is a bit of a bummer

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Anyone have an estimation of what the camera looks like now? I thought it looked fantastic in the gameplay trailer so hearing that it's different is a bit of a bummer
if it's like demon souls ps3, then it's just a regular camera. zoomed out a bit and character centered.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Scraping spear and broken Firestorm confirmed?

Or it's not, and he just wants to keep it a mystery.

Man why keep something like that a mystery though. It sounds like he's allowed to say but is choosing not to. Why? There's literally no benefit if it's not in there. Why get people hoping if it's just going to be crushed by a no? That seems really weird. And yes I know some people don't want it restored, but if someone's asking this, they clearly are hoping for it. I don't understand why not just say no.

I'm going to guess it's not, as to brace myself if it isn't... But yeah, it's weird for him to say that.

Yeah.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Well whether the 6th archstone is in or not, sounds like we can at least confirm it's not related to "Fractured Mode" as I thought it might be. Wonder if we'll ever know what fractured mode is/was considering even Lance has no idea and he knows things as deep as file structure.

I kind of want to know, but I think I'll go in blind for this. Not too long now!

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
To his point about if you liked the trailer you'll like the game but if not you won't, I understand the reaction people have to the new stuff, but personally I think it looks fine. Probably the only thing I've seen that I don't love is the Fat Official. So I did like the trailer....but then I saw the fat official.

I try to be openminded about this stuff but the new design really seems to completely miss the point of the original. The new one looks all sinister. Like this evil grin. The old one had this look that was sinister because it was so freakishly over the top and cartoony. Like it was trying to look pleasant but doing so is what makes it creepy. The new one doesn't look creepy at all because it's got a sinister, evil grin. Oh well. I hope the rest of the game is really only maybe some nitpicks like this.

A lot of areas are definitely improved though. I like how shrine of storms is actually stormy. It was very, very dull and ugly before. Pretty excited for the new one.

And I'm sorry I don't have a higher res version of the cover than this, but there was a really high res version where you could fairly clearly see the fat official's face and when I noticed that. Ah well.

Is there actually an enemy that's just called Fat?

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Is there actually an enemy that's just called Fat?

...Did I not say Fat Official?

demonssouls.fandom.com

Fat Official

Fat Official (also known as Fat Minister) is an enemy in Demon's Souls. They can be found in the Boletarian Palace and in Stonefang Tunnel. Contents[show] Description Demons in the form of obese, gray-skinned men whose faces are perpetually wrinkled with wide, black-toothed grins. Nevertheless...

"Official" can be a noun...

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
...Did I not say Fat Official?

demonssouls.fandom.com

Fat Official

Fat Official (also known as Fat Minister) is an enemy in Demon's Souls. They can be found in the Boletarian Palace and in Stonefang Tunnel. Contents[show] Description Demons in the form of obese, gray-skinned men whose faces are perpetually wrinkled with wide, black-toothed grins. Nevertheless...

"Official" can be a noun...

Ah, I see. I guess I was reading that more as like the new official look or something.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Sixth Archstone is in and is called Archstone of the Blood Moon. Touching it transports you to an entire Bloodborne remake, hidden in the files.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

I was Day One on this until the gameplay reveal, which I thought was a poor showing for it. What I actively disliked though was the camera, so hearing it's partially back to centred brings my interest back a little.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
I like that offset camera though!

I hope it's an option to be enabled.

Love me my cinematic angles.

Feb 23, 2019
Interesting that it went gold pretty early

congrats to bluepoint hope we get some info next week since it's been mostly about Spider-Man lately