• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Didn't saw any thread about this.
Cool to know that we are going to get new stuff, I hope it isn't limited to items(even though I never played the original lol)
It was ''leaked'' on the pre order page on Playstation website then removed soon after:
b2gj0bw8tmn51.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/demonssouls/comments/iubxir/demons_souls_has_a_preorder_bonus/

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
edit: I stand corrected

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Didn't Bloodborne have cosmetic hats for the bath messengers as a pre-order bonus?

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Bloodborne have cosmetic hats for the bath messengers as a pre-order bonus?
Bloodborne had the messenger hats as preorder bonuses, but other than Dark Souls 2 there hasn't been preorder weapons/armor/items in any of the titles.

LOL!
Have you ever pre ordered a from soft game? Guess not
There's literally only one game that applies this thought process so I don't know what you're getting at.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Pre order bonuses are even more lame when it's on a new console that's hard to get

Sounds like it's the weapon the enemies in 4-2 use, and I'd guess it would drop in gameplay. Hope it's not a preorder bonus but DeS could use more weapons and i'm happy for a new quality str/dex weapon

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Semi on-topic but they also removed the mention of a 'Fractured mode' from the original June trailer YouTube page apparently which would have been a new gameplay addition. I'm guessing it needed more time, potentially post-launch addition.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Weird how we have pre-orders for the console but no news whatsoever on how to digitally pre-order games.

I don't plan on getting any $70 other than Demon's Souls, and that's purely because it's one of my favorite games of all time, it's a known quantity, it's being remastered by one of my favorite devs, and plus I want something new and next gen to play day one. After that? Yeah $69.99 can go kick rocks. Such a ridiculously high price.

Oct 25, 2017
Semi on-topic but they also removed the mention of a 'Fractured mode' from the original June trailer YouTube page apparently which would have been a new gameplay addition. I'm guessing it needed more time, potentially post-launch addition.
I don't believe it was in the video (looking on wayback machine shows that if it was removed, it was removed on the first day), but it seems like it was removed from the PlayStation Blog's description of the game on the day it was announced.

They either might be wanting to announce it at a later date, or it's been planned as post-launch for a while.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Will it be like DS2 pre-order weapons which were garbage after you got past the first boss?

Preorder_Master-750x7501.jpeg
The funny thing about these is that on PC the file that "enables" the DLC is simply a text file in the install directory called "license05.bin " with the contents: "DLC06 DARK SOULS II Sales Gimmick".

The contents don't actually matter, all the game does is check for a file called "license05.bin" and it gives you the weapons if you have it in there. Defintiely gives a feeling that the developers thought it was really dumb.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about these is that on PC the file that "enables" the DLC is simply a text file in the install directory called "license05.bin " with the contents: "DLC06 DARK SOULS II Sales Gimmick".

The contents don't actually matter, all the game does is check for a file called "license05.bin" and it gives you the weapons if you have it in there.

Lmao that's incredible.

iirc there wasn't a way of doing this on Scholar officially was there? Can you do this edit for scholar as well? Will you get soft-banned for "modifying" the game files?

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Will probably be added for everyone later.

Curious on how the digital pre orders gonna work, i feel like the ps store is gonna be the same integrated on both consoles.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Weird how we have pre-orders for the console but no news whatsoever on how to digitally pre-order games.
Strange question maybe, but what's the point of pre-ordering a digital game for a console you don't physically own yet? There's nothing to pre-load because you don't have the console yet, and by the time you do it'll take a minute to open the PSN store and buy it then.

I mean, this weapon is a pre-order bonus, but outside of that?

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It was in the video and it was indeed removed within a day.
I believe Sony also made a statement that it was outdated information but I can no longer find the source of that, just places like Polygon talking about it:
www.polygon.com

Demon’s Souls remake coming to PS5

FromSoftware’s original ‘Souls’ game is going next-gen

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

The contents don't actually matter, all the game does is check for a file called "license05.bin" and it gives you the weapons if you have it in there. Defintiely gives a feeling that the developers thought it was really dumb.
Lmao yeah they def hated it

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Some of these were actually really good. I distinctly remember the Black Flamestone Dagger being a beast for reach and 2H handed P-stance combinations and the Transgressor's Leather Shield ideal for low equip loads and extremely high dark magic resistance. Both were in my inventory regularly for PvP.
I literally never used or encountered these weapons ever tbh, and I pre-ordered the game 🤷‍♀️

Jul 25, 2020
Some of these were actually really good. I distinctly remember the Black Flamestone Dagger being a beast for reach and 2H handed P-stance combinations and the Transgressor's Leather Shield ideal for low equip loads and extremely high dark magic resistance. Both were in my inventory regularly for PvP.
ya, I remember it was the "meta" weapon at one point .It wasn't a big deal because most people just don't take pvp seriously.