• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
New Edit: NEW Permanent Server now available.

Old Edit: Permanent Server now available.

Old, Old Edit: It appears the server is temporary, the files will be publicly available 'soon'.
I'll update this thread when a permanent one is released.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated fans have actually got fan servers working, bloodtstains, messages, phantoms, co-op and PVP: the whole shebang.

New Permanent Server:
Yuvi has now set up a permanent server for Demon's Souls. You are able to connect to it by going to your PS3 Settings > Network > Internet Connection Settings > Custom > Enter Manually and changing your Primary DNS to the IP address below. It so far follows the same rules as the test server previously posted: no level restrictions; all three regions; and defaults to Neutral World Tendency.

Current IP: 174.58.114.198

Old Permanent Server:
"̶Y̶u̶v̶i̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶D̶e̶m̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶S̶o̶u̶l̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶u̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶e̶d̶:̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶r̶i̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶;̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶N̶e̶u̶t̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶T̶e̶n̶d̶e̶n̶c̶y̶.̶"̶[̶/̶q̶u̶o̶t̶e̶]̶ ̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶P̶S̶3̶'̶s̶ ̶D̶N̶S̶ ̶S̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶7̶3̶.̶2̶7̶.̶1̶4̶7̶.̶1̶5̶8̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶S̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶>̶N̶e̶t̶w̶o̶r̶k̶>̶I̶n̶t̶e̶r̶n̶e̶t̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶>̶C̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶>̶E̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶N̶S̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶7̶3̶.̶2̶7̶.̶1̶4̶7̶.̶1̶5̶8̶;̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶t̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶r̶m̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶.̶

Old, Old Temporary Server:
Horzo said:
One the members of the Demon's Souls community has recently set up a temporary private server that works with NA and EU copies of Demon's Souls.
If you would like to connect to these fan servers you'll have to change your PS3's DNS Settings to 212.71.239.147.
You can do this by going into Settings>Network>Internet Connection Settings >Custom>Enter Manually. You will want to change the DNS to 212.71.239.147; the rest of the network information will remain the same.

Source

Umbasa

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
But doesn't the server cost a LOT of money so even Sony the big corporate had to kill it?

How come a group of people able to fund the server?

Oct 30, 2017
They should be required by law to release their packet structure if they determine that the servers are no longer cost effective

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Hooray, a way to invade people's game and help them out as a friendly phantom by killing the enemies.

Plus Monk's Head Collar, the best hat in all the Souls games.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
They even show the player count and where they are. I hope more games will do this as more game servers shutdown.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow what a good thing and dope. I need to replay DS for the 10th time lol just been holding out for a remaster that alone would make my E3 :)

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aw man, hopped online and it's so great to see it all back. Hope they can find a way to keep this up for good!

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they get some fixed tendency servers so you can easily do pure white/pure black stuff. Would be much less of a headache than trying to do this stuff legit offline (and even Atlus realized that unlike Sony it seems.)

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I was really disappointed when I found out that DeS servers were taken offline before I could do one last play-through of my favourite Souls game.

It's amazing how quickly fans reacted, I hope they find a way to keep it running for a long time (crowdfunding?). Can't wait to try this out today :)

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Never played this yet, even though my brother has it right in his room with a PS3. Never played a souls game yet either. Maybe I'll give this game a try soon...

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Noice. I wonder if doing this means it'll also be possible to use private servers when emulating Demon's Souls.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
stupid question ahead... do you need an active PS+ subscription to connect to this server? :\

edit: stupid inedeed... PS3 does not need PS+ to play online... ignore me

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Will probably populated by the hardest of hardcore, trolling you to no end.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Even though I've done my time with Demon's I'm glad this is a thing. The game needs to live on.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
There's been an update with a permanent server.

"Yuvi has now set up a permanent server for Demon's Souls. You are able to connect to it by going to Settings>Network>Internet Connection Settings >Custom>Enter Manually and changing your Primary DNS to 73.27.147.158. It so far follows the same rules as the test server previously posted: no level restrictions; all three regions and default to Neutral World Tendency."

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, really hope this works on RPCS3 eventually. I could see a Demon's PC community popping up around it.