• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The only other presently rated PS5 games are supposedly Godfall and Miles Morales, both confirmed to be launch titles. So this certainly bodes well...here's hoping!

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Jimbo pleaseeee, i'll gladly pay 599 for a PS5 if Demon's Souls is there on launch day 😭🙏

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
User Banned (5 Days) - Inappropriate commentary
Dear Sony,

If Demon's Souls is a launch title, I will have NO CHOICE but to buy a PS5 at launch. I will hereby bend over and take it like the little bitch I am.

Signed
ChemicalWorld circa 2020

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason at all why it would be rated this early if it was that late?
There have been some weird things like Tales of Arise being rated at the start of this year, and Project Awakening being rated in 2018, and then again early this year lol. Not really sure how the Korea board works, outside of consistently leaking things.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Holiday 2020 would mean nearly 3 years in development. Unless Covid has really hurt production its definitely a possible launch title.

Oct 30, 2017
I always thought of it as Spring 2021 title... too good to be a launch game, it will be best launch game for me ever if it happened!

OnlineZhD

Aug 23, 2018
I've always thought that Sony only revealed Miles as Holiday 2020 was due to Marvel wanting it out there more than anything else. Sony has been pretty tight-lipped when it has come to their own first-party titles release date wise. I hope so!

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Demon's Souls making launch or early launch window would be huge.
I'm hoping it's true.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a general guideline for how long before release a game goes to ratings boards? Certainly makes it seem like it's not too far away, though I dunno if it's enough to suggest a launch or launch window title.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There have been some weird things like Tales of Arise being rated at the start of this year, and Project Awakening being rated in 2018, and then again early this year lol. Not really sure how the Korea board works, outside of consistently leaking things.

Wasn't one of the ratings for Project Awakening a demo?

edit:It was in Europe.
Project-Awakening-Arise-PEGI_002.jpg

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If it's launch...I will swallow $599 from my initial $499 limit. Hear that Sony?

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances this means it's a launch title French movie theme owes me a free copy if it is ha

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dear Sony,

If Demon's Souls is a launch title, I will have NO CHOICE but to buy a PS5 at launch. I will hereby bend over and take it like the little bitch I am.

Signed
ChemicalWorld circa 2020

Same. Was gonna get XSX at launch and PS5 Q2 2021 but with halo delayed and DS as a potential launch title i might swap those around.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Well hopefully this isn't one of those things.

Dunno anything about ratings. You'd think Sony would advertise it as Holiday 2020 if was gonna launch in November or December.

True, but on the other hand if it was coming in 2021 you would think they'd have just said that as well. Maybe they want to detail their launch lineup later, and this:

I've always thought that Sony only revealed Miles as Holiday 2020 was due to Marvel wanting it out there more than anything else. Sony has been pretty tight-lipped when it has come to their own first-party titles release date wise. I hope so!

is correct?

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Checked rating dates of other sony titles like horizon, gow, ghost and tlou2 and all of them were withing 3 months of eventual release. So a launch release is very much possible.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
It's all my opinion. I don't know anything.

I know, that's why I said maybe 😁 It would be a solid explanation for why MM got the Holiday 2020 confirmation and DS didn't.

We'll just have to wait and see but the rating is a good sign.

Checked rating dates of other sony titles like horizon, gow, ghost and tlou2 and all of them were withing 3 months of eventual release. So a launch release is very much possible.

When was Shadow of the Colossus Remake rated?

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
If it does make launch it'll do wonders for Sony. Spiderguy for everyone and demons for the hardcore looking for a meaty launch title.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I know, that's why I said maybe 😁 It would be a solid explanation for why MM got the Holiday 2020 confirmation and DS didn't.

We'll just have to wait and see but the rating is a good sign.

When was Shadow of the Colossus Remake rated?
Can't find it. Search only shows the original game.

Automagical

Jun 27, 2020
Megabomb if indeed a launch title.
Souls fans are a rabid bunch and the vast majority of them have never touched the original PS3 version.
Holiday 2020 Demon Souls would move a million consoles by itself.