• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
People have been downplaying next gen launch but I cannot imagine how amazing it will be. Off the top of my head:
1. Demons Soul's
2. The Medium
3. Spiderman: Mile Morales
4. Cyberpunk
5. AC: Valhalla
6. Watchdogs: Legion
7. Scorn
8. Flight Simulator
9. Gears Tactics
10. Forza Horizon 4 in 4k 60
11. The Ascent
12. Crossfire X
13. Ghost of Tshushima upgraded(I hope!)

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I am interested in so far. So excited to come home with my new consoles and games!

I'd add in Returnal, Ratchet & Clank, and Sackboy. I strongly believe they're launch/launch window.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This possibly being a launch title or an early 2021 game just makes getting a PS5 at launch even easier.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
jschreier
Please come here and debunk this so I can go back to having no hope.

tenor.gif

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd add in Returnal, Ratchet & Clank, and Sackboy. I strongly believe they're launch/launch window.

Hm. They're probably running a big operation over at Insomniac and with two locationas well, but - I would assume that it would be really nice to give the team a couple of months at least between releases. You can free up QA, extra engineers for various issues that prop up close to launch etc. Would be a nice surprise though.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I don't like getting launch consoles but this is really tempting if it's a launch title.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I would 100% include R&C.

For Returnal, I'd need to see more of it to know if it's something I might be interested in.

No chance R&C is coming out this year. Insomniac works fast, but there's no reason to put Miles Morales and R&C out so close together. I could see Spring 2021 for it but no sooner.

Wheatly

Nov 18, 2017
I had an inkling that two big titles will be launched this year with PS5 (maybe 1 month apart) - this is it!

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Rated in Japan (Cero) too.

unknown-20.png

All I'm saying is this is why people need to stop assuming what the launch lineup is based on one presentation.

There's so much information they're clearly keeping close to their chest. Not getting a 2020 launch date in June doesn't mean anything, and it's going to be funny when more of the games we saw in June end up being launch titles for PS5.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
All I'm saying is this is why people need to stop assuming what the launch lineup is based on one presentation.

There's so much information they're clearly keeping close to their chest. Not getting a 2020 launch date in June doesn't mean anything, and it's going to be funny when more of the games we saw in June end up being launch titles for PS5.

Sony will be aiming at three first party AAA Launch titles.

Looks like it will be Miles Morales demons should and... sackboy? Who knows.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
That's really not how it works. Bluepoint could have stuck a hardcore sex scene in the middle of the game for all the rating boards knows XD

I mean, im pretty sure all they do is send video of the worst the game has. They don't send the full game. Its unreasonable to expect either party to comply with that. They'll just make you recall if you fuck with them.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I m guessing early 2021 launch ??

I would think surely not? Do we normally get game ratings in August the year before a release? That seems insanely long. A game basically has to be in its final form. Surely they aren't going to take 5+ months to take the game from an almost finished state to final polish and then release right? That doesn't make sense.

Like once a rating is received, significantly changing content would require another rating.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Checked rating dates of other sony titles like horizon, gow, ghost and tlou2 and all of them were withing 3 months of eventual release. So a launch release is very much possible.

Just checked, Days Gone was rated in Korea January 2019, it's actual release date was in April, 3 month window as well

Death Stranding was rated September, release date November, 2 months

Predator Hunting Grounds rated February, released April, 2 months

tenor.gif

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that Tales of Arise was recent delayed without a release date from its generic 2020 timing (which suggests it's not coming out until next year), yet it was rated in Korea back in January.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
People's perception of the PS5's launch lineup has been completely screwed up by Spiderman showing "Holiday 2020" during the event.

-Sony touted Bluepoint's game before anything else, when they revealed the PS5, and we know thanks to insiders that this Remake has been LONG coming
-A banned source (who would know this stuff), was one of the first people to alert us to Ratchet PS5, and confirmed that game had been in development for a loooong time
- Sackboy was originally meant to be a PS4 exclusive, the likelyhood of the game being close to done is then... What?

We knew that stuff before even knowing Miles Morales was Even a thing. There is a big chance Sony is simply trying to figure out the best way to roll the games out, and that the games are more far along that we think.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Keep in mind that Tales of Arise was recent delayed without a release date from its generic 2020 timing (which suggests it's not coming out until next year), yet it was rated in Korea back in January.
We are talking more in the context of SIE published games. And their individual pattern of submitting games to the Korean board.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious as to what changes they'll make to gameplay, considering how many years of Soulslikes we've had since then. Demon's Souls hasn't aged particularly badly, but I'm not sure if folks really want a 1:1 remake as much as they want a refined version of Demon's Souls without the jank and imbalance.

Keep in mind I'm not saying they should go hog wild and add the ability to jump, but magic was incredibly broken, and having to farm high-quality healing items (or buy low-quality ones) was kind of a drag. There's also a handful of bosses in the game that are just miserably tedious fights (the bridge dragon boss is incredi-boring) or just straight-up trivial with magic.

I also wouldn't mind the Adjudicator being buffed. Just a lil' bit.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
People's perception of the PS5's launch lineup has been completely screwed up by Spiderman showing "Holiday 2020" during the event.

-Sony touted Bluepoint's game before anything else, when they revealed the PS5, and we know thanks to insiders that this Remake has been LONG coming
-A banned source (who would know this stuff), was one of the first people to alert us to Ratchet PS5, and confirmed that game had been in development for a loooong time
- Sackboy was originally meant to be a PS4 exclusive, the likelyhood of the game being close to done is then... What?

We knew that stuff before even knowing Miles Morales was Even a thing. There is a big chance Sony is simply trying to figure out the best way to roll the games out, and that the games are more far along that we think.
Yep. Also it takes time to make the type of presentation that they made in June. That isn't something you can just make quickly. I think the announcement of everything we've been waiting on has been due to production. I think they are trying to figure out how many consoles they can produce and how many each retailer is getting. They are really trying get their ducks in a row on this one.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Just checked, Days Gone was rated in Korea January 2019, it's actual release date was in April, 3 month window as well

Death Stranding was rated September, release date November, 2 months

Predator Hunting Grounds rated February, released April, 2 months
Damn, that bodes well for Demon's Souls !

GG Sony if they managed to release Dreams/TLOU Part II/Ghost (+ Predator) for PS4 and then Astro Bot/Miles and Demon's Souls for PS5 in 2020

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah I agree, quite a few seem to think the games without dates are a good while off when its more likely they are all launch window/year.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
This is what I've been saying, just because that was the only game dated at the event doesn't mean there's nothing else (first party wise besides Astrobot) at launch. For all we know, like someone else mentioned earlier, Marvel could've wanted it out there that the game is coming this year.

I also don't agree with the "we only seen a trailer so it must be far out" line of thinking. By that logic, Miles Morales should be the last game from PlayStation Studios shown in June to release. They'll show us what they want to show us.