• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
DemonsSouls_ProductHero1_900X900

66 GB minimum. Vibration function supported. Trigger function supported.
SMMM_ULE_PS5_ProductHero_900X900

1 player. 105 GB minimum. 1 Disc.
(Miles Morales + Spider-Man)
SMMM_LE_PS5_ProductHero1_900X900

1 player. 50 GB minimum. 1 Disc.
(Miles Morales only)

From PlayStation

Last edited:

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought sizes were gonna get smaller :( Especially Spider-Man

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking 105GB holy shit, that SSD gonna go sanic fast. Xbox Series S is going to hold like 2 games with sizes like that, compared to 4 games for the Series X and PS5.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
That's smaller than I thought. Especially for Demon's Souls.

I guess the PS5 should be able to fit around 8-10 AAA games.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
105GB is for both the remaster and Miles, right? Please tell me that's not just for Miles.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
2-6 network players.
This is the real news tbh. Demon's Souls only ever had a maximum of 4 players (1 host, 2 phantoms + 1 invader). Now, like in Dark Souls 3, we'll possibly have 4-player coop with 2 invaders, or 3v3, maybe even a PvP arena.... 🙏

Edit: honestly this is threadworthy, made a thread about this to avoid derailing, apologies OP!

Last edited:

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
Weren't games meant to get smaller with SSD?

They can, but it's not a big difference. For example, only 10GB can be reduced for original Spiderman.

And if you then add the now better textures and assets, you end up having a similar or even bigger total size.

Last edited:

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Are there add on drives for sale yet? I know they're not proprietary like Xbox, but do we know the specs we should be looking for?

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folks, games are using higher quality assets. Who the heck promised you games would be dramatically smaller?? You think games like Warzone aren't going to get bigger?

Rathgore

Mar 27, 2019
Seattle, WA USA
Size reduction from the SSD comes from not needing to store duplicate assets and other tricks developers used to maximize the slow speed of the HDD. Higher quality assets like 4K textures are going to blow passed that difference in most cases. I expect games in general to get much bigger this gen.

JackBauer24

Oct 28, 2017
Only thing MS and Sony promised that would be smaller were games with multi-player. You'd be able to choose which you wanted to download (single player or multi-player).

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Demon's souls is okay, Spiderman is pretty damn big

Edit: includes original game, then it's not that bad either