platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Am I crazy to say this, now this kind of is a stealth dragon appreciation thread. But I have to say the dragons in the game are insane, the bridge sweeps the dragons do is some of the wildest shit ive encountered. it terrifies me every time.

For those that have a thing for dragons in game, what are some of your fave depictions. Demon's souls for me feels magical. I'm looking forward to elden ring as well I know they will be doing crazy shit with the dragons.

youtu.be

Taking items from the Dragons (1-1) - Demon's Souls PS5

OR you want almost Pure White World Tendency for them to disappear.As long as you can tank a hit, you can do it.Purple Flame ShieldFlame Resistance Ring (I c...

Edit: Added Video so you dont have to imagine dragons.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Because no pics or videos...

5c8b74d507c9f4.63500328.jpg

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Yes, I cheesed the red dragon on the bridge. They're nice models, but I think the best part of the dragons is the fire. The fire is really beautiful.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The Fatalis has got to be my favourite, particularily it's depiction in Monster Hunter: World

The learning curve one goes through just to survive the bastard was one hell of a journey
Not to mention the sense of acheivment when you finally kill it
0bc52340b0547df45ab11e3adf02ee926a4959b4.gifv

show

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
They kinda suck lol. They're just an environmental hazard you can tediously chip away at.
They're cool looking though.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
I don't love all of the new designs in the Demon's Souls remake but when they work they REALLY work. It's genuinely impressive how well they're able to distract from the PS3-era character animations.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I don't love all of the new designs in the Demon's Souls remake but when they work they REALLY work. It's genuinely impressive how well they're able to distract from the PS3-era character animations.
Yeah thats pretty damn crazy to me how they did that I know the re-did some mo-cap too but man they did a great job on animations.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The Fatalis has got to be my favourite, particularily it's depiction in Monster Hunter: World

The learning curve one goes through just to survive the bastard was one hell of a journey

show
Monster Hunter is also so damn good.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Capcom in general has the best Dragons

Grigori from Dragon's Dogma
latest

Elder Dragons from the MH series
Monster_Hunter_World__Iceborne___Fatalis_Trailer_0_34_screenshot.png

velkhana-small.jpg

monster-hunter-world-vaal-hazak.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I still think Capcom in general has the best Dragons

Grigori from Dragon's Dogma
latest

Elder Dragons from the MH series
Monster_Hunter_World__Iceborne___Fatalis_Trailer_0_34_screenshot.png

velkhana-small.jpg

monster-hunter-world-vaal-hazak.jpg
I have to say I can NOT wait for next gen MH. They are so well programmed as well extremely good.
The sound design for the dragons is absolutely insane. Cheeks be clenched when you hear them for the first time.
MY GOD. With headphones on. Its terrifying as fuck And my surround sound as well its crazy the sound design is so good.

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020

show

I'd have to go with this. I think a lot of the dragons in Monster Hunter World have been great.

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls is a great game, but the dragons, drakes and wyverns in Dragon's Dogma are a lot more interesting.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
FROMs Dragons are so menacing. They absolutely know how to do them justice, even the non-boss drakes feel dangerous.
Compare to Skyrim, where the Dragons are the whole point, the main thing and the most terrible of them are like little babies in comparison.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Loved this game on PS3, the remaster looks stunning, but at the same time I never want to play the game again when I already have such a huge backlog.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
I never would have thought owning a subwoofer would give a gameplay advantage until I played 1-2 with one. You can *feel* the dragon making its attack run. It's amazing.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
OP, are you some sort of authority on dragons?
Apparently not. Ive now learnés about dragons, wyverns and drakes now. And I'm all the better. I'm willing to carry the torch for fire breathing Mythical creatures.
Black Dragon Kalameet from Dark Souls 1

Black-Dragon-Kalameet.jpg

tumblr_mmzw2c5o8D1sohz9ho1_250.gif
Whew lord.
I never would have thought owning a subwoofer would give a gameplay advantage until I played 1-2 with one. You can *feel* the dragon making its attack run. It's amazing.
Yeah that sub rumble+ plus controller shake plus screen shake it's fucking immersive.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
The sound design and haptics take it to another level as impressive as the visuals are.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

show
Fatalis in Monster Hunter World is just an incredible achievement. They took one of the most underwhelming classic Monster Hunter boss fights and made it feel like fighting a god.