• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
He has that X factor that a lot of modern high budget films seem to be missing. That sense of presence and urgency. Possibly due to tighter narratives and sticking to his creative guns? Either way there is absolutely a beautifully distinctive fingerprint there in his work.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally deserved. Not only is he amazing at original content but he's even amazing at producing sequels to cult classics that, under normal circumstances, fans wouldn't be happy with regardless.

I still can't believe he pulled off a sequel to Blade Runner.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Arrival is one of my favorite movies ever so well deserved. I keep coming back to it every now and then.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
If Dune is good then he is filmmaker of the century. I will reject Dune's very message and worship him.

OP
OP
jack_package_200
Oct 25, 2017
Arrival came out at a time when I needed it. It released the week Donald Trump had just won the 2016 election and my spirits were at an all time low.

I remember walking out of the theater in tears. Movie was absolutely incredible and its themes really resonated with me.

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
But next year we get Tenet from Nolan! His decade run will be Inception, Interstellar, DKR, Dunkirk, Tenet! I actually love Denis' output and he does edge out Nolan.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. That's well deserved. Can't think of another director that I have zero issues with their output.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I just don't see it. Saw prisoners and Sicario, good movies. Didn't care for arrival and thought blade runner was a big letdown. Regardless, not saying these are bad movies but film maker of the decade?

OP
OP
jack_package_200
Oct 25, 2017
If he hadn't gotten bafflingly put in director jail after the success of Gone Girl, I'd say David Fincher did great things with The Social Network, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and Gone Girl.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
He has that X factor that a lot of modern high budget films seem to be missing. That sense of presence and urgency. Possibly due to tighter narratives and sticking to his creative guns? Either way there is absolutely a beautifully distinctive fingerprint there in his work.
Idk but the writing he gets for his movies has been outstanding.
I think it's his creativity. See Sicario versus the pretty lackluster sequel. Denis is just inspired. Who the hell makes a sequel to a cult hit and possibly even one ups it? I think Prisoners might be his best. It's one of the best thrillers I've seen, but also manages to be a pretty good character piece for both Jackman and Gyllenhal. All the characters are well realized. Maybe that's his gift, making characters that the audience can relate to, that the audience can engage with.

Yea he's got something.....

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
That he was able to make a sequel to Blade Runner that respected a GOAT film , added new things to the world, fleshed out the world we knew... all while making it look so bleak yet gorgeous. What a feat that was, Well deserved

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've loved every movie of his that I've seen (Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049), and I think it's well deserved.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
But next year we get Tenet from Nolan! His decade run will be Inception, Interstellar, DKR, Dunkirk, Tenet! I actually love Denis' output and he does edge out Nolan.
Comparing that to Memento, The Prestige, Batman Begins and TDK is pretty damning for this decade of Nolan movies and more proof Denis is the right choice lol