• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wolfenstein II : The New Colossus has been cracked today by cracker group REVOLT shortly after release, several hours before it's even release in most territories.

This is the latest of countless recent cases of Denuvo getting increasingly more and more pointless as people start cracking it in a matter of hours. Hopefully Bethesda does the right thing like they did with TEW and remove Denuvo from it.
FDAN_LsH1fZh4nDYK_3GvRU42HA=.gif

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now let's wait and see how developpers will respond when Denuvo dies and they need to update their games.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until they figure out how to crack Denuvo before the game even announced.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I am no better than an armchair analyst with this stuff but at this point do developers do this because of shareholders?

Buddeh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should laugh or cry. Denuvo is bad, but so is devs not getting their money

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Bahahaha. Seriously, publishers are just wasting money at this point. Better of waiting for Denuvo's successor.

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's pretty insane. Both that it was cracked before release and the fact that these guys had access to the game prior to release. Denuvo sucks tho

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Does the cracked version even have denuvo? The protection listed on the NFO is just Steam.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't have Denuvo I think. Same as TEW2. Steam page doesn't mention it.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bet Bethesda will do the same thing they did with TEW2 and remove Denuvo just before release or on a day 1 patch.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Remember in the early days when cracking groups were saying that Denuvo was near impossible to crack?

How things change...

Oct 25, 2017
Konoha
The problem is that publishers have been selling piracy as a reason for lost revenue to their investors for over a decade. Regardless of whether developers, or even the publishers themselves, want DRM anymore, its something that investors would demand.

Taking down one form of DRM only risks bringing about a worse form until publishers change their tune and say 'Oh hey, turns out piracy can boost sales in some cases. All those time we blamed poor sales on pirates? It turns out that its more complicated than that.'

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt count on that. Shareholder confidence is moire important and Denuvo to the layman at least appears to tackle that 'problem' known as piracy

I guess that must be the case, or stubborn executives, because there aren't any pragmatic reasons to use that sort of DRM.

Never give pirates a better experience than paying customers.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I think they got hold of a early PC retail copy and it happend to had all the necessary files on disk.

Also, like some said it appeears that it doesn't use Denuvo.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again; what exactly is the point of Denuvo? Why do game developers want this in their game(s)?

To avoid piracy in their game by having a system that constantly checks your files while you are playing, the bad side for this is it that directly impacts the performance in your computer by doing this.

I for one welcome our new age of Denuvoless.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Again; what exactly is the point of Denuvo? Why do game developers want this in their game(s)?

It was a ''good'' option for publishers to protect their early PC launches 2-3 years ago. It took ages for just 1 game to be cracked.

Nowdays it's pretty useless since it gets poped in no time and it hurts the consumer more. At the end of the day its a lose/lose situation for everyone. Luckly some devs do remove it after it happens.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
To avoid piracy in their game by having a system that constantly checks your files while you are playing, the bad side for this is it that directly impacts the performance in your computer by doing this.

I for one welcome our new age of Denuvoless.
But does it EVER stop piracy? Has it ever? It only gives the game bad reputation and never actually stops pirates, right?

data

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I mean, at this point, if it won't even stop day 0.1 sales, then maybe they need to remove it entirely.