• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://steamdb.info/app/863550/history/
baldcap9kkvn.png

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
And surprise surprise people are reporting better framerates on both Windows and Linux.

Denuvo is trash.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
IO Interactive are great peoples. While I don't agree on using Denuvo, at the very least they got rid of it in a timely manner. Meanwhile other publishers/developers take more than a year to get it removed...if at all.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
a lot of denuvo is being removed recently, I'm wondering if something changed with their terms of contract? something's up.

I'm not sure why they bothered putting denuvo on hitman to begin with, it's really an always online game. You can't do much offline at all and it's for good reason, the online elements are actually very meaningful depite it being a single player game. They could make online mandatory instead of denuvo and nobody would really care.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
If it's used to stop piracy somehow, I think it's acceptable for let's say the first 2 months after release...after that please remove it.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Good, another victory. Get this trash out of all games Pronto. Hopefully, RE2make sees the removal of Denuvo at some point as well, as it's presence essentially guaranteed I'd opt for the 1X port instead.

Oct 25, 2017
While I normally don't mind Denuvo as it always stays out of the way, it seems like it interferes with Valve's Linux support, so I'm all in for it getting removed.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
If it's used to stop piracy somehow, I think it's acceptable for let's say the first 2 months after release...after that please remove it.

The second it's cracked it should be removed, it wouldn't be such an annoyance if every dev thought the same.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Good, another victory. Get this trash out of all games Pronto. Hopefully, RE2make sees the removal of Denuvo at some point as well, as it's presence essentially guaranteed I'd opt for the 1X port instead.

Capcom is awfully stingo with Denuvo. It's still in RE7 and Monster Hunter World, and in the latter case it compounds the fact it's already a pretty bad port. Mega Man 11 dropped Denuvo support after a while though, so they're probably keeping it on their "big" pillars.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Capcom is awfully stingo with Denuvo. It's still in RE7 and Monster Hunter World, and in the latter case it compounds the fact it's already a pretty bad port. Mega Man 11 dropped Denuvo support after a while though, so they're probably keeping it on their "big" pillars.
They removed it from RE7 already

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
It's not super scientific or anything, but here you go.
https://imgur.com/gallery/sLojrvw
the link admits it's hardly sufficient to claim Denuvo was the cause of the stuttering
Second, the benchmark in this game on Windows is a bit inconsistent. The game was indeed running slower on Windows before Denuvo removed, but I suspect the stuttering this benchmark suffers from (with or without Denuvo it stutters on my rig) is causing the results to be very off (less likely). Either that or the AMD Drivers on Windows 10 made Hitman 2 faster (more likely) after Denuvo was removed, not because it was removed.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017

Capcom recently removed Denuvo off of Resident Evil 7. I'm glad they're doing it but I wish it was done in a timely manner.

EDIT: Of course ideally it's best not to have it at all.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
They removed it from RE7 already

Can't wait to see it axed from Monster Hunter soon, then. Apparently there's a lot they did oddly under the hood for the PC port, and it would be interesting to see if that's one of the few games that barely gets a performance boost with Denuvo gone.

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I can't really speak for any difference in raw performance, the loadings are now much faster. In addition to that, Ive had a consistent stutter issue in the first minute after loading a level for the first time which seems to now be fixed.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Huh? Linux version performs better than Windows version?
Lol that's the power of Linux if properly used.
Good on IOI. This is an okay way for me to use Denuvo. I would be more happier without Denuvo at all but at least in this instance I can understand that thay want to protect the early weeks after release.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Wish older games had it removed like arkham knight, deus ex mankind divided and phantom pain. No point for those games having it years after release.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see it axed from Monster Hunter soon, then. Apparently there's a lot they did oddly under the hood for the PC port, and it would be interesting to see if that's one of the few games that barely gets a performance boost with Denuvo gone.
Hence why I am worried about them removing it. Who knows what else they will break and end up taking many more months after to fix it again. It is unlikely they will though since the expansion still has no date on PC and they will want Denuvo to continue to do its thing in the mean time.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is how it should be. Keep a DRM that fucks over pirates as long as possible, but then remove it down the line to make sure the game isn't lost in time.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Have any Japanese publisher removed Denuvo from their game?

Seems like it's mostly one and done for them.

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be holding up for Resident Evil 2, it must lead to loads more sales with no crack being available in these initial first days. I can fully understand the use of it, logic business sense. Removal afterwards is a smart choice though.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Now they just have to remove the online requirements for progression in this single player game and I'll buy it.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Great news from when I get this for PC, I'll be honest I was super ignorant to the shit Denvo causes and the more I have looked into it the more I can see why it upsets people.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Excellent, the improvement to level load times is a blessing.

Though the initial boot still takes weirdly long.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need to know before buying: Does the game now run better on ryzen machines?

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Menu assets certainly load faster and smoother, though it'd be better if they were from file assets. Difference between online and offline menu performance (irrespective of Denuvo's impact) in general is noticeable.