• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently Denuvo servers either have issues or are down and that is causing issues for players. Guardians of the Galaxy and Shadow of Tomb Raider are having issues and players can't start them at all.

not sure where to post this, or if this thread is an okay place to share this info, but...

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is currently, completely unplayable on steam (and a thread has been made on the steam forums about it as well with more people chiming in)

NNmm354.png

steamcommunity.com

server not reachable error :: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy General Discussions

i'm trying to use the link they have provided to fix the problem but it wont work, has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it? EDIT: just launched the game up with no error thing coming up this time hopefully it works for all of yous. they might post something/spam their page...

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there is an uproar because of this. It's frankly unacceptable that you cannot play the game you paid for because of something out of your control and people who are pirating the game are objectively having a better experience.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Are we sure these publishers haven't just done an exclusivity deal with torrent sites?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I'd say if it is not startable for a few hours, that's not the big issue. The big issue is when it is never startable again.

it could not be startable for just two minutes, its still a shitshow when people who torrented the game could be playing

there's no defence for this

denuvo is like going to a public park with a paid bathroom but you need to get a mop to clean it and wait in line cause someone else is using it for free at the moment

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Oh if you bought any of these games on Steam, and you are now unable to play it, I'd recommend requesting a refund, even if you have surpassed the 14 days ownership/2 hours played threshold.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
And that's one of the reasons why I never did and never going to buy games that have Denuvo in them or something similiar to it

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I love that pirates get a better experience than I do, and I paid for it.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Shit like this is why I try to avoid games using denuvo as much as possible.

Devs should always patch it out after a few weeks.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But yeah, Denuvo going down on a Sunday is a massive problem, considering how widely it's used and it won't get a resolution until at the very earliest tomorrow (and if the issue is indeed the expired URL I posted about earlier, then it'll probably be closer to Wednesday).

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
yup. can't launch guardians of the galaxy. fuck all drm but fuck denuvo specifically in this case.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
maybe not specifically Denuvo, but we have a fair share of people adopting the typical "piracy is bad and y'all gotta pay the price"

who got time to complain about denuvo when there are so many emulation and homebrew threads to go accuse people of being filthy pirates?

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say if it is not startable for a few hours, that's not the big issue. The big issue is when it is never startable again.
Not being able to play legally purchased offline games through no fault of my own is a really big deal. That's why I hate non multiplayer games with online requirements.

And if these games are already cracked and it's months after release the DRM literally serves no purpose other than to harm people that actually pay for games.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But yeah, Denuvo going down on a Sunday is a massive problem, considering how widely it's used and it won't get a resolution until at the very earliest tomorrow (and if the issue is indeed the expired URL I posted about earlier, then it'll probably be closer to Wednesday).
Purely selfish, but I would love if this issue didn't get resolved for weeks. Yeah it would suck for a while, but it would do so much damage to Denuvo's brand that hopefully they would bugger off with their abomination of a DRM for good.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Purely selfish, but I would love if this issue didn't get resolved for weeks. Yeah it would suck for a while, but it would do so much damage to Denuvo's brand that hopefully they would bugger off with their abomination of a DRM for good.
I mean, if we don't get a resolution in the upcoming week, then it'll probably be safe to conclude that Denuvo has ran off with the cash.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
DRM... never ever. This happened to me with Just Cause 3 and I haven't bought one with it since.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
People would still defend them
I mean, if we don't get a resolution in the upcoming week, then it'll probably be safe to conclude that Denuvo has ran off with the cash.
It'll get resolved, Publishers still happily pay them

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Forgetting to pay for domain, is rookie mistake.
(and not noticing for a month)

Hopefully someone aren't able to steal it and permanently brick games.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I wish publishers would realize that pirates will never buy their games. Stop punishing legit customers please.

the irony is that some pirates used to buy games after pirating them, either because they liked it or because the original games had the better servers/functionalities they wanted to use and the lesser pirated version had it all gutted

but with denuvo, they dont have to, cause they're already playing the best version out there. paying for the game would actually be a downgrade

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
the only people being punished by DRM continues to be the legit customer. pirates will just download the crack and laugh at buying customers.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Found this on Steam forums, hilarious of true.

Denuvo Domain codefusion.technology is mark for deleted and all domain records have been deleted. The domain name will be deleted any time soon.
Denuvo have screw up real this time.
All games that req denuvo activations or new denuvo token will not work.
for it can not find the activations server any longer.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I would be a supporter of Denuvo if it was used responsibly, ie, mandatory removal from all games after say 3-6 months time. We have Ubisoft games that still have Denuvo 4-5 years later and were already cracked, it is doing absolutely nothing other than hurting paying customers, especially those with Alder Lake processors.