• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

lol I know, maybe what i should have said is "he's a more technical fighter than he gets credit for." He's not reputed for having great movement and footwork. Doesn't really utilize a lot of diverse techniques and punches. However, I have been watching him for years (even back when you could watch him for free on cable sports channels) and I have always been impressed with his accuracy, patience, and diligence. I think he has a style that gets the most out of his extraordinary physical talents. Really hard to defend against someone with his strength, patience, and awareness. He's really matured into a great champion since he went pro.

I think of fighters like him like a Gibson Les Paul Guitar. A Les Paul Guitar is far from the most versatile guitar, but what it can do, it does it the best and looks cool as hell doing it.

soundpross

Oct 27, 2017
Flushing,NY
lol I know, maybe what i should have said is "he's a more technical fighter than he gets credit for." He's not reputed for having great movement and footwork. Doesn't really utilize a lot of diverse techniques and punches. However, I have been watching him for years (even back when you could watch him for free on cable sports channels) and I have always been impressed with his accuracy, patience, and diligence. I think he has a style that gets the most out of his extraordinary physical talents. Really hard to defend against someone with his strength, patience, and awareness. He's really matured into a great champion since he went pro.

I think of fighters like him like a Gibson Les Paul Guitar. A Les Paul Guitar is far from the most versatile guitar, but what it can do, it does it the best and looks cool as hell doing it.
I agree. I have been following him for some time now too and high technical part of his boxing skill is abit underrated he has steadily improved on range and timing using the jab and footwork more, but still relies on most of the same combination of power punches but since he has started using more jabs and fakes more, using the same combination is okay cause the addition of a fake or jab really changes alot in terms of controlling the fight.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
i don't follow modern boxing, but the guy he's fighting looks completely out of shape and not at all like what I expect a professional boxer to look like

puebla084

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Deontay is overrated and it shows the state of heavyweight boxing when he's getting this much attention. He flails alot of his punches and that second knockdown was basically a slap lol.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Why did they not stop the fight after that second knockdown? Guy clearly couldn't take it, he got knocked down with gloves up.