• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who will win the fight?

• Wilder

Votes: 131 51.4%
  • Fury

Votes: 124 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
From what I read it sounds like a 3rd fight is pretty much 100% happening right? Presumably Wilder does stand a chance right?

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wants to claim to be the baddest man on the planet, defeated by something slightly heavier than a child's backpack.
It's kind of funny.

I mean I guess I was 12 at the time, but I used to get up early before school and do a paper round carrying heavy newspapers for an hour or so, then walk two miles to school carrying a guitar on my back and an amplifier in my hand, with my school bag on my shoulder.

And still run around like a mad man during break times playing football.

Then walk home.

I was a big guy at that age though.

Now I'm not saying Wilder should have the energy of a 12 year old, but I am saying that a 12 year old could probably have carried his stuff for him if he wasn't able to.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Wilder hanging onto these excuses like how he hung onto winning the first fight because Fury was technically down for more than 10 seconds lmao.

From what I read it sounds like a 3rd fight is pretty much 100% happening right? Presumably Wilder does stand a chance right?

He had a chance against the out of shape point scoring Fury we saw in the first bout, but not against this Fury, he was just outclassed and had no answers whatsoever. He didn't have the tools to deal with the pace that Fury put on him, he didn't know how to adjust his defense, he didn't know how to defend in the clinch, his footwork was a mess, he didn't know how to carry himself when damaged. No answers, no adjustments, just a complete manhandling after the 2nd round.

There's simply too much Wilder needs to learn before the summer and his age definitely doesn't help. The differences in technique, experience and learning shone clear as day here. If he's serious about winning their next fight he'd make a heap of adjustments now, take another fight or two to apply those adjustments and then fight fury again mid or late next year.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not a good idea to fight the guy who beat the pants off of you right away. he was better off fighting some tomato can and then looking into a rematch with fury.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A healthy Fury with a full camp at Kronk would be exponentially too much for Wider. He dismantled him after a 7 week stink there. I mean Wilder still has a punchers chance and all but there is no way Fury doesn't get a lot better relative to Wilder from here.

Edit: I don't know how Wilder trains but if he put a bit of effort into bulking his legs out by a couple of Kgs he may stand a better chance. I mean if carrying a costume spent his legs it's a bit telling.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This rematch is a terrible idea for Wilder. And firing the one dude in his corner who may have literally saved his life...come on man. Listen to the shots Wilder took on the first knockdown:

He'll be eating these from the outset in a rematch.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
If he really believes the costume cost him his legs and not fury beating the shit out of him, yeah he's in straight up denial.

it's his first career lossthough so maybe dude just doesn't know how to cope.

For all the shit Anthony Joshua got for his first loss, he not only accepted it, but never made any excuses, although he wasn't quite himself prior to the ring walk (as he spoke about a month or two afterwards).

Nobody wants a third fight.

Take this time to get over the loss, rethink your priorities, and consider having a few fights before maybe pursuing this third fight with Fury next year sometime, if Fury even wants to at the time, that is!

p.s. I haven't posted since the match, and am really pleased that my heart won over my mind ... 🥊

Last edited:

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Wilder sounds insecure. There's nothing wrong with having your corner protect you. This "kill or be killed" mindset in combat sports is pathetic. All fake tough guy/toxic masculinity bullshit. People actually have killed and gotten killed in the ring. It ain't some bravado shit.
Yeah, I fucking hate this sort of talk from Wilder about killing someone in the ring. It's all to hype fights but it's fucking disgusting, toxic bullshit and anyone chatting this shit should be hammered for it.

Oct 27, 2017
For all the shit Anthony Joshua got for his first loss, he not only accepted it, but never made any excuses, although he wasn't quite himself prior to the ring walk (as he spoke about a month or two afterwards).

Nobody wants a third fight.

Take this time to get over the loss, rethink your priorities, and consider having a few fights before maybe pursuing this third fight with Fury next year sometime, if Fury even wants to at the time, that is!

p.s. I haven't posted since the match, and am really pleased that my heart won over my mind ... 🥊

I wouldn't be surprised if he just wants a big payout from a third fight and then he'll retire.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible Wilder is talking up the option so that Hearn and Warren have to buy him out to make the other fight happen? Assuming that is what they actually want

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Absolute straight up denial from Wilder all this, I hope for his kids sake that he has people around him to make him see sense. Take the 3rd fight if you can learn from the many mistakes from the other night, but to come out with this bullshit and get in the ring with Fury again in the same mindsight would be a really fucking bad idea.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
This fight was ugly, no one wants a rematch from an ugly, one sided beat down fight from someone who learned nothing

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I wish Wilder, Fury and Joshua could come to a simple agreement ..

... Fury vs Joshua in the Summer, the winner then faces Wilder for all the belts in the Winter.

If part 3 does happen (as it appears it will)..then I really hope Wilder loses again (otherwise we'll probably get Wilder vs Fury part 4).

Oct 25, 2017
As expected, Wilder using every excuse. This is just how he is.

Wilder's Fury I & II excuse hit list:

- Costume tired him out
- Had bad legs
- Had a bad hand
- Bayless let Fury fight dirty
- Breland was acting under the instructions of Fury's corner
- Wasn't hurt and fight shouldn't have been stopped
- Complications in training camp
- Too much media work
- Walked around dressing room too much and got tired
- Got too re-hydrated after the weigh-in and needed to piss so bad couldn't focus on Fury
- Broken arm
- Broken hand
- Pressure of PPV
- Tampered scales
- Long count
- Referee Jack Reiss was on Fury's side
- He was 50% and Fury was 100%
- Fury did some voodoo magic
- Fury was covered in baby oil
- Fury's height & weight advantage
- Claims he clearly won 10 rounds
- Had the flu day of the fight
- Didn't KO Fury because he's scared of his own power
- Celebrated (12rnd KD) too early and got gassed
- Bias commentary
- Americans not wanting a black guy to succeed

😂

Last edited:

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Had a lot of love for Wilder but it's slipping away with all his bullshit lol. Dudes never gonna live down the 40lbs costume. The mind games from fury just for that will be too much for him in the 3rd fight.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
PuB7YVn.jpg

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
yeah had a lot of respect for wilder when he didn't give up during the fight even though he was getting beat up, he definitely showed a lot of heart. these excuses are cringy though and make him look worse.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
All I'll say is Fury v AJ ever happens, it'll actually be 2 rounds. This was the real heavyweight contest in my opinion.

Lmao, I assume you're saying AJ is gonna be somehow worse than Wilder?

You willing to have an avatar bet? :)
AJ vs Fury will be longer than 2 rounds. And a lot more closer than this fight ever was 😂