• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win the fight?

• Wilder

Votes: 131 51.4%
  • Fury

Votes: 124 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
joshua-fury is the obvious money fight for both of them. fill up wembley. even hearn knows it's gotta happen.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man I wish I could go back to the first and call out all the boxing know nothings on this forum who told me that Fury was a loser with no power.

Wilder is a BUM, there's only ONE Tyson Fury! No need for a third, onto undisputed!

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still amped up from this, absolute performance by Fury. The story, the lead up, the shit talk and the actual fight.

Can't wait to watch it again.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I knew Wilder at 230 was too slow, Tyson saw the right coming in round 1 & reduced the impact on time, round 2 Wilder looked great & if i was a Tyson fan i would have been nervous, but damn he was too slow & got caught badly in round 3. He will be back though, Joshua lost to a nobody & returned, Wilder can come back from losing to the lineal champ, no shame in it.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Respect to Wilder but the better boxer definitely won.

Hope to see Joshua v Fury this year. Joshua can't run on this one as that L took the shine off his boxing persona and negotiation power. Joshua needs that fight more than Fury.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Fair point...AJ has fought there as a boxer, and Fury has performed for WWE.

That said...Wembley is nailed on for their first fight. There is less likelihood of a rematch as with Wilder v Fury in LA, so they'll want to extract as much value as they can from this fight.

That occurs only in London...and in the summer to maximise supplimental PPV/TV rental -5 and -8 BST.
Nothing will match probably the half a billion the Saudis will offer to host the biggest boxing match of our generation. And they can host it at a time that best suits American and European PPV. That's where the most money lies. It would be a massive fuck you to all the UK fans who've kept Hearn in business for so long. As they say, no loyalty in boxing.

Respect to Wilder but the better boxer definitely won.

Hope to see Joshua v Fury this year. Joshua can't run on this one as that L took the shine off his boxing persona and negotiation power. Joshua needs that fight more than Fury.
They wanted to give Fury a tiny split years ago now they'll have to beg him to accept a 50/50 and have it in Saudi Arabia.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
It's not a freak injury. Fury was the better boxer in their first fight and tonight, 100%.

Lmao, ignore him mate. Tyson burst his ear drum via clean punches to the temple. Not a fluke, it was done because (check this out) Tyson has power. Always has and always will do his best work at 18 stone 10, his Dad always said so, and this proves it. Just couldn't handle the weight in the first fight as it was too soon and STILL boxed the bums head off!

I'm still amped up from this, absolute performance by Fury. The story, the lead up, the shit talk and the actual fight.

Can't wait to watch it again.

I wouldn't even say Fury talked shit. The way Wilder came off was at times pathetic. His comments about it being "the worst time" for this fight because its Black History Month were inappropriate and stupid. And Fury rightly said it isn't a race war, just two heavyweights fighting.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
watching post fight interview now, fury is a decent speaker

on a side note, where are the damn webms?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That nobody else did because they couldn't negate his size and power. But Fury could. Twice.

Also, Fury smashed Wladimir as well who certainly isn't a bum before you try and claim Fury isn't a world class boxer.

I think Fury is the best heavyweight in the world I just wish he'd stop fighting bums and fight some real competition.

(I'm being sarcastic to make a point, I think the rush in sports to declare a person or team a "fraud" or "bum" is stupid. Losing to the best heavyweight in the world doesn't make you a "bum", if it does, what's so impressive about beating him?)

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
I think Fury is the best heavyweight in the world I just wish he'd stop fighting bums and fight some real competition.

(I'm being sarcastic to make a point, I think the rush in sports to declare a person or team a "fraud" or "bum" is stupid. Losing to the best heavyweight in the world doesn't make you a "bum", if it does, what's so impressive about beating him?)

Whilst Wilder is certainly not a bum, it is hard to deny he has been exposed tonight. This was a fight he was expected to win by 50% of people. He went in and got embarrassed. He was clearly hyped just abit too much from the power he possesses.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Wilder got beat, Fury busted his ear drum then his ass. It's part of boxing, that being said he deserves a rematch because of the eardrum. Fight 3 gonna be great, both gonna make millions.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Fury vs Joshua will happen in Saudi Arabia, nobody is matching the money they'll pay to host the biggest fight in boxing.
It really should be in UK, even Joshua said it would be a classic to have people be able to just ride their bikes down to wembley, battle of britains greatest sons at home, it's too good. i hope they turn down the oil money.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate that it was so one sided. I was hoping for something a bit more back and forth. A rubber match would be nice, as it seems hard to believe AJ or his camp will take a match with Fury.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017

In fairness I have always referred to Wilder as a bum, not that you would know that my friend! But he is a bum. Never fought anyone, been embarrassed twice in a row now, can't box. For me, he is a world champion above Charles Martin only. He's that bad.

On Fury, can't say he's fought nobody. Went after Haye twice and Haye ducked him. Went after both Klitschko brothers, the one who didn't duck him got beaten, called Wilder out after losing ten stone at schooled him and battered him this time.

He's certainly not fought "anyone" out of his own volition. I've followed him very closely for years, he's my favourite boxer. He's ducking nobody. He's a fighting man from a lineage of fighters, he's scared or nobody.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Fury especially since he's retiring soon. I thought for sure Wilder would knock him out this time but damn, Wilder got fucked UP. This wasn't how I'd hoped to see him lose, the ear thing really killed him.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Eardrum eardrum eardrum blah blah blah! The salt in Yank boxing fans is incredible. Wilder got thrown around the ring like the fraud ragdoll bitch he is, it was a complete domination, he should got back to fighting easy fights around the US for his paychecks. Fury absolutely schooled the shit out of him.

Oct 25, 2017
Mad how people are acting as if the burst ear drum is something that randomly happened to Wilder and not, y'know, as a result of Fury picking him apart. Take the L pals.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still amped off this ass whooping I witnessed in a crowd of Wilder fans. I Am not a fan of either, so it was hilarious seeing the mood change.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mad how people are acting as if the burst ear drum is something that randomly happened to Wilder and not, y'know, as a result of Fury picking him apart. Take the L pals.

Somehow it's a fluke compared to all the other injuries from having a heavyweight boxer land punches to the head...

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Fury fucking annihilated Wilder tonight. But this ain't the first time he's beat him guys. It's not a fluke. He's the better boxer.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As soon as I saw this man stick his tongue out I knew he was 1. Crazy and 2. A showman still in the midst of a bloodbath lol

Oct 25, 2017
Eardrum eardrum eardrum blah blah blah! The salt in Yank boxing fans is incredible. Wilder got thrown around the ring like the fraud ragdoll bitch he is, it was a complete domination, he should got back to fighting easy fights around the US for his paychecks. Fury absolutely schooled the shit out of him.

Just wait for the list of excuses Wilder comes out with - last time there was about 20 ranging from a broken arm to Fury being too oily 😆

Wilder lost 17/19 rounds we don't need a third fight.

Fury vs Joshua, with Wilder vs Whyte on the undercard, then the winners and losers meet each other in their next fight.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I saw an ad for betfair saying 30/1 Fury winning. Seemed like a new customer promotion but idk, not a gambling man.

Pre-fight both were about 10/11, basically just 50/50.

If the fight went the distance Fury was favourite, if fight ended by KO Wilder was favourite.

My friend is taking this L so personal. Like it's a travesty for people who aren't white.

I'm here laughing over how bad that fight went for Wilder.

Saw a clip on Twitter of some US interviewer trying to bait Fury like "theres a massive racial element to this fight isn't there? You're the great white hope" and Fury just completely shuts him down "the fight has nothing to do with race, it's just two people, two champions at the top of their game".

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
In the press conference wilders corner saying it was just a scratch to the ear, not a burst ear drum.

is this true?

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
Just saw the highlights on DAZN, please tell me there is a gif of that slowmo lick from Fury.

Huh, wouldn't that be an even worse look for Wilder?

it would be a terrible look for his fighter, but he was asked about any injuries to wilder, and stated the only injury was a cut inside the ear

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
In the press conference wilders corner saying it was just a scratch to the ear, not a burst ear drum.

is this true?

If not a burst eardrum, he got supremely rattled by those temple/behind the ear shots. To an embarrassing degree. The round after he got hit he looked like bambi on ice and it progressively got worse and worse.

Booker Do It

Sep 25, 2018
Totally comprehensive by Fury, probably lost only 2 rounds over both fights so why would he even entertain a rematch? Unification fight has to happen now, but Joshua won't want it. He will lowball Fury with a derisory purse split and wreck any chance of it happening. Joshua will continue fighting nobodies and maintaining the image that he is an elite boxer, when in all truth he isn't. Got lucky beating an over the hill Klitschko, beat a joke of a champion in Martin and got shown up by a fat no hoper.
No chance he beats Fury and he knows it.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How did he even last from round 5 to 7? Wilder looked like a fresh breeze would knock him over.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Just not a satisfying fight for me. Freak injury leading to a predictable outcome. Once he exploded his ear it was over. Wilders corner could have gotten him killed. Thankfully the ref was on his game.

How is that a freak injury lol?

its fighting, strikes cause injuries. I guess a broken nose or broken jaw is also a freak injury then?

Oct 25, 2017
Unification fight has to happen now, but Joshua won't want it. He will lowball Fury with a derisory purse split and wreck any chance of it happening.

Both Hearn and Warren were interviewed on Talksport this morning, both happy with a 50/50 split, both wanting the fight, both not guaranteeing it takes place in UK / this is prizefighting and they'll go where both boxers can make the most money.

The only thing that will stop this fight next is if Wilder wants to take another beating by Fury. Pulev can be paid off or Joshua gives up the belt.

Let's get it on 🥊

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Not interested in Fury Vs Wilder 3 straight away.

Wilder got the absolutely demolished and is going to need a long time to recover from that physically and mentally.

In the meantime, I'd like to see AJ v Fury. Unification match. Both Brits who hold all the belts between them. Bring it on