• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am after some desktop speakers for my PC. I usually use headphones, but now want the option of speakers so I can sit on the sofa and listen to music in the computer room.

I can get a pair of Audioengine A2+'s secondhand for £85, pretty good price but I have been reading they lack bass. I don't want inside rearranging bass to be honest, but a tight punchy bass is preferable. Other than that these seem like very well regarded speakers.

I was also looking at the Creative T30's, these also offer Bluetooth support (at a cost of audio clarity when wireless). And there seems to be good word of mouth about them.

I'm not looking to spend a huge amount, around £100, so I realise I'm not going to get amazing quality for the price.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
The Creative T series are really good. I'm still using the T20's. I've heard the Logitech Z200 are pretty solid cheap 2.0 speakers.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Personally, I'm still using studio monitors for audio lol. Never bothered with buying a sub. Figured, I'd do that whenever I switch to atmos

Not sure if you can get them in the UK, Swans M10. Or their other sets

Last edited:
OP
OP
Praxis

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't buy that new anymore, looks to be discontinued sadly.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use a pair of Audio Engine A2. Love them have no intentions on changing them anytime soon. I will only say that I recommend getting their angled-supports or making some yourself because surprisingly enough the upwards angle does significantly improve the sound quality. I didn't believe it myself until I got them and made a temporary "ramp" to test it out.

Swan Speakers are also very good and have similarly priced products.

Have heard good things about the Yamaha HS8, the JBL LSR308 are kind of a go-to/default recommendation for many people, and KRK's Rokit 5 are also well regarded, in a similar vein to the Audio Engine speakers.

I'd recommending looking at those speakers for a budget powered speaker for a small office/desk.

I don't mean to offend anyone else's opinion but I think that none of Creative's or Logitech's speaker offerings come close to those I mentioned, at least not any of the ones I've tried or heard.

Last edited:

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
I use Kanto YU2. Was thinking about the Harman Kardon but don't like the glass look. It was a toss up between Audioengine A2 and the Kanto. Kanto won...but I can't even remember why!

Sorry, I did not read your budget properly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Praxis

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thanks for the recommendations. I'm currently looking at the Mackie CR4's. They sound perfect for me, if only they didn't have the horrible green on them.