• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slowsonic

Feb 25, 2018
The trips are for improving relationships, not port begging, at least communicate to the publishers there their road map to open business opportunities.

Also, the trip is not just exclusively to Japan either, he also visits South Korea, which leads to pubg come first to Xbox, and this year Crossfire x, which is the sequel of a very popular game in SK.

A lot of people wonder why many this game get to port to steam while skipping Xbox, 1 word: China, console gaming is niche in China while PC game and mobile game are making so much money. The Chinese gamers actually spend a lot of money on Steam buying these Japanese heavy hitters, the good news is by putting gamepass on PC, it generated quite a positive buzz on Chinese gaming community.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
"We have a product if you want to play Japanese titles, and that's called the PlayStation"

Lol

But ya, it does suck. Wish some of those devs would bother to port to Xbox

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that uses my X as my favored console and will likely move to Scarlett before PS5, the lack of Japanese releases on Xbox blows. It doesn't seem like it would be too complicated to port some of these games to the system, even if it's digital only.

I'm hoping some of Phil's work will pay off next gen. I'm losing interest in The PS exclusive lineup so if I can get some of these third party games on Xbox and avoid buying a PS5, that would be great

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
I mean Xbox just got like 6 final fantasy games last year, all of them being on xbox for the first time. Nier Automata and Kingdom Hearts 3 as well. With FF13 back compat and SE specifically giving Xbox higher quality cutscenes and stuff to put in the X version.

The last few Tales Of games were PS exclusives, they got it back on Xbox with Arise.

With how non-existant Xbox is in Japan, I just cant help but thing that there's a lot that simply isnt in their hands.

FFVII Remake will still come to Xbox later. It's been rumored two or three times now. Including that infamous Walmart leak from last year.

I don't understand why people take that Walmart leak so seriously when it listed DQ Builders 2 for PS4 and Xbox One. It wasn't even listed for Switch. Turns out it will release for PS4 and Switch, with no mention of Xbox one. Walmart leak seemed the only one that listed Dragon quest builders 2 for Xbox. There actually was no mention about it elsewhere.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I don't understand why people take that Walmart leak so seriously when it listed DQ Builders 2 for PS4 and Xbox One. It wasn't even listed for Switch. Turns out it will release for PS4 and Switch, with no mention of Xbox one. Walmart leak seemed the only one that listed Dragon quest builders 2 for Xbox. There actually was no mention about it elsewhere.
Well so far it's been way more right than wrong.

Besides there was also the recent gamestop leak too.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You have some points, but we have data that shows for example that action JRPGs (real time combat) such as Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III and NieR Automata sold well on Xbox One as they were on the top of Xbox's Top
Paid Games Chart for a long time, yet Oninaki (which is also an action RPG) isn't coming to Xbox One and there is no deal there because it's on PC, PS4 and Switch. Explain that decision to me.
Please stop using that "Top paid chart" on Xbox as anything doing really well. It doesn't matter that NieR Automata was up there for a short time. Games get put on a weekly sale and skyrocket up into those top spots. Do you really think hundreds of thousands of people on Xbox One are buying Uno every time it goes on sale? Trust me they aren't. Just because NieR or something else moves into those top spots doesn't mean it sold really well especially in a dry month like June. Stop using those things as indicators.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Well, why should we if we're not interested in JRPGs?

giphy.gif

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I mean how many "big" Japanese IP are even left these days. XBox still gets Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Dark Souls, Soul Calibur, etc.

That's more than the Switch.
Switch gains on the other end though, getting most of the mid size and small JP games plus some big titles Xbox doesn't like Dragon Quest and Yokai Watch. Same comparison:

Bandai Namco
  • Digimon Survive
  • Disney Tsum Tsum Festival
  • Doraemon: Story of Seasons
  • God Eater 3
  • Ninja Box
  • SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition
  • Tsuri Spirits for Nintendo Switch
Capcom
  • Devil May Cry
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Towaware no Palm
Koei Tecmo
  • Atelier Ryza
  • Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
Konami
  • Contra: Rogue Corps
  • Hyper Sports R
  • Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu
Level 5
  • Inazuma Eleven Ares
  • Layton Mystery Chronicles: Katrielle snd the Millionaire's Conspiracy Deluxe Edition (west)
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Professor Layton and the Curious Village Deluxe Edition (leaked)
  • Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl Gold (west)
  • Yo-Kai Watch 4
Marvelous
  • Daemon X Machina
  • No More Heroes III
  • Rune Factory 4 Special
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
  • Story of Seasons
Sega
  • Mario & Sonic st the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020
  • Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: The Official Video Game
  • Persona 5 Scramble
  • Sega Ages Columns II: The Voyage Through Time
  • Sega Ages Fantasy Zone
  • Sega Ages Herzog Zwei
  • Sega Ages Puyo Puyo 2
  • Sega Ages Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R
  • Sega Ages Shinobi
  • Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sega Ages Space Harrier
  • Sega Ages Thunder Force AC
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
Square Enix
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 (west)
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
  • Ninja Warriors: Once Again
  • Oninaki
  • Romancing SaGa 3
  • SaGa: Scarlet Grace Ambitions (west)
  • Space Invaders: Infinite Collection
  • Star Ocean: First Departure R
  • Trials of Mana

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
No, it's not. Sorry to disappoint you
Then why even bother doing things like ID Xbox to attract indies? Those games aren't getting huge sales either.... I imagine the objective is to make a platform where everyone can play their software of choice.

There are also plenty of instances where niche IP become huge sellers on platform so the 'why bother' stance just seems short sighted imo.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't matter how many trips Phil takes over there or how much a small group of Xbox fans hype them up. Fact is most Xbox players don't buy these kinds of games. Someone in here said how it makes no sense how Square wants Dragon Quest to be bigger in the West yet doesn't put it on the most western console. Like what? Even if they did most Xbox players won't buy Dragon Quest XI or Dragon Quest Builders. They simply don't support those kinds of games and Square Enix knows this. They'll put their Final Fantasy titles on there b/c that franchise is known well enough and will at least probably make them some money. Lesser known titles like Oninaki, Mana, etc simply will just flop on Xbox.

Oct 28, 2017
Jawmuncher 100% agree. I find Square's decision making with Xbox particularly weird in how inconsistent it is.

"You can have Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered and ports of every other Final Fantasy game ever but you're not getting the FFVII Remake."

"You can have the port of Romancing SaGa 3 but you're not getting the remake."

"We want to bring more Dragon Quest to the West and get a bigger fan base for it in the West." *doesn't release Dragon Quest on the most Western console*

I mean, DQXI I can understand you thinking that would be niche in the West but Dragon Quest Builders for example would sell extremely well on Xbox based on sales for Minecraft and Portal Knights.

Trials of Mana and Oninaki not coming to Xbox personally shocked me particularly because one is an Unreal Engine 4 game (very easy to port to all platforms) and the other is an action RPG (and KH3, FFXV and NieR Automata all sold extremely well on Xbox meaning they should know action RPGs will sell well at this point).

How does Square even make these decisions? Flip a coin on every title and if it's heads, it's on PS4 and Switch but if it's tails, comes to all three? The decisions are wildly inconsistent and don't seem to follow any pattern.

I would bet almost anything FFVII Remake was moneyhatted by Sony. Either as a timed or a full exclusive.

It's the only way this makes sense. Xbox gets every other Final Fantasy game and is even getting Final Fantasy VIII remake. They get everything except VII remake so what does that tell you?

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone seriously expect anything significant to come out of this besides marketing deals like Tales?

Guess Phil is just really good at telling gamers exactly what they want to hear.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch gains on the other end though, getting most of the mid size and small JP games plus some big titles Xbox doesn't like Dragon Quest and Yokai Watch. Same comparison:

Bandai Namco
  • Digimon Survive
  • Disney Tsum Tsum Festival
  • Doraemon: Story of Seasons
  • God Eater 3
  • Ninja Box
  • SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition
  • Tsuri Spirits for Nintendo Switch
Capcom
  • Devil May Cry
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Towaware no Palm
Koei Tecmo
  • Atelier Ryza
  • Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
Konami
  • Contra: Rogue Corps
  • Hyper Sports R
  • Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu
Level 5
  • Inazuma Eleven Ares
  • Layton Mystery Chronicles: Katrielle snd the Millionaire's Conspiracy Deluxe Edition (west)
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Professor Layton and the Curious Village Deluxe Edition (leaked)
  • Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl Gold (west)
  • Yo-Kai Watch 4
Marvelous
  • Daemon X Machina
  • No More Heroes III
  • Rune Factory 4 Special
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
  • Story of Seasons
Sega
  • Mario & Sonic st the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020
  • Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: The Official Video Game
  • Persona 5 Scramble
  • Sega Ages Columns II: The Voyage Through Time
  • Sega Ages Fantasy Zone
  • Sega Ages Herzog Zwei
  • Sega Ages Puyo Puyo 2
  • Sega Ages Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R
  • Sega Ages Shinobi
  • Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sega Ages Space Harrier
  • Sega Ages Thunder Force AC
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
Square Enix
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 (west)
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
  • Ninja Warriors: Once Again
  • Oninaki
  • Romancing SaGa 3
  • SaGa: Scarlet Grace Ambitions (west)
  • Space Invaders: Infinite Collection
  • Star Ocean: First Departure R
  • Trials of Mana

I would trade that quite easily for XBox One tier support though.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also why are people here acting like Final Fantasy VII Remake isn't coming to Xbox? It was said from the start to be "first on PS4." That seems pretty clear to me that it's coming to Xbox One after a set amount of time.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I honestly feel that without Phil trips, the situation would be worse for the Xbox. I get this feeling that without Phil going to Japan, even less games would come to the Xbox; he's not out there trying to get something exclusive, but just as much as the same amount of games as the PS4 as possible

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I wouldn't but different strokes.

I mean it'd essentially be Dragon Quest + No More Heroes + Octopath + more niche style games for ...

Kingdom Hearts 3 + modern Final Fantasy games + probably Final Fantasy VII Remake, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, Soul Calibur, Tekken, new Tales RPG, etc. ... it's pretty lopsided for the top end Japanese titles DQXI aside.

Oct 28, 2017
It's not too bad actually OP as far as japan games support go. Xbox already gets most of the biggest ones like FF, MGS, resident evil, monster hunter, tekken, soul calibur, and more.

The smaller niche ones aren't that big a deal and aren't really worth it. Except maybe persona. But sega seems intent on keeping that franchise with Sony.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I mean it'd essentially be Dragon Quest + No More Heroes + Octopath + more niche style games for ...

Kingdom Hearts 3 + modern Final Fantasy games + probably Final Fantasy VII Remake, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, Soul Calibur, Tekken, new Tales RPG, etc. ... it's pretty lopsided for the top end Japanese titles DQXI aside.
But I like the more niche end of JP gaming. And also SMT, Sega Ages, Mana, Taiko, Rune Factory and a bunch of other stuff really.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Please stop using that "Top paid chart" on Xbox as anything doing really well. It doesn't matter that NieR Automata was up there for a short time. Games get put on a weekly sale and skyrocket up into those top spots. Do you really think hundreds of thousands of people on Xbox One are buying Uno every time it goes on sale? Trust me they aren't. Just because NieR or something else moves into those top spots doesn't mean it sold really well especially in a dry month like June. Stop using those things as indicators.
It is an indicator IMO, launch week sales are the most important week of sales. Fine though, if you look at NPD (completely based on physical and digital game sales), KH3 was still at the top of the Xbox chart during a very busy Q1 2019.

Did KH3 sell as well on Xbox as PS4? No of course not, but there's also the fact that PS4 probably has double the amount of unit sales as Xbox One as well the PS4 userbase has a JRPG fan following. That doesn't mean KH3 wasn't successful on Xbox, probably sold at least a million copies when the game sold like 6 million copies total, without Xbox, that's still 1 million less copies even if it only sold a million (and it probably sold more than that).

Less profitable/successful =\= profitable/successful

Last edited:

Lime Blockade

Aug 4, 2018
I don't understand why they can't release digital only.

I remember reading an interview with the CEO of NISA that sadly seems to be gone now that stated that digital only isn't as profitable and that they bank on physical copies, more specifically collectors editions to make their money. They specifically mentioned Microsoft's minimum print issue for physical copies, but I guess something had to have changed since then if they were willing to bring RPG Maker MV to the west before it got cancelled compared to just outright skipping the Xbox One version like they did with Psycho-Pass MH. Here's the only article I could find relating to that interview.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Business deals can sometimes take years to transition before any work can legally be done. It takes months for a house to legally be purchased on average, there's logistics to sort out etc and other government gubbins. I cannot fathom how long the process is for acquiring a development studio (or two). Alongside how long it takes to get exclusive games and just building good working relationships with Xbox.

I should think bringing games to Switch is one of those strategies while legal stuff is going on behind closed doors.

I should also think a service like xcloud would go down better in Japan, but that's a racist presumption based on my limited knowledge of the culture.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is an indicator IMO, launch week sales are the most important week of sales. Fine though, if you look at NPD (completely based on physical and digital game sales), KH3 was still at the top of the Xbox chart during a very busy Q1 2019.

Did KH3 sell as well on Xbox as PS4? No of course not, but there's also the fact that PS4 probably has double the amount of unit sales as Xbox One as well the PS4 userbase has a JRPG fan following. That doesn't mean KH3 wasn't successful on Xbox, probably sold at least a million copies when the game sold like 6 million copies total, without Xbox, that's still 1 million less copies even if it only sold a million (and it probably sold more than that).

I mean that's fine but I didn't mention Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy are two franchises on a whole other level from a NieR or Dragon Quest. Those are going to sell big numbers even on Xbox. Those other 2 and various other Square properties not so much.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I mean this year was unfortunate.. but I honestly did not expect to see Monster Hunter on this platform, let alone have it do so well, let alone have it hit game pass and continue to do well. Bamco wasn't THAT much of a lock throughout the gen, and there are things that could easily have skipped still. KH3. But yes, indie and those medium-size Japan-focus games aren't coming over. And then there's a few real big AAA titles that do decent import and PS4 sales, and really probably should be ported. I see a few potential paths.

1) Nothing changes. The niche Japan games stay niche. No one really notices all THAT much. The AAA games never come over, people notice, but it's status quo, so whatever. This might happen if Japan as a center of game development diminishes in influence. That's hard to fathom right now, but it was hard to fathom Japan not continuing to dominate electronics design and manufacturing some decades ago. It's still important, it's nowhere near where it was.

2) MS could shell out cash for individual games and devs like it did in 360. That was helped by PS3 not being an easy console to develop for. Combined, there was some decent support from devs and publishers. This didn't seem to be really be that mirrored in sales, by and large. I think the audience on Xbox is in a different place today. The resurgence of the PS4 and the ease of global communication makes selling formerly niche games much more viable. I think this could happen (perhaps alongside the creation of an Asian hub and picking up some devs), but it doesn't feel particularly sustainable long term. MS knows from its time with Win Store, 360, etc. that you can't buy long term support. It just doesn't work.

3) MS changes its image and sales pitch in Japan. This could happen a few ways.
3.1) One way is to entirely drop the Xbox/MS brand in the territory, choosing to create a new subsidiary brand just for Japan relations - both for consumers in the region and to work with devs and pubs. This certainly isn't unheard of and MS and Sony are already doing far worse dark secret things to get their foot into China.
3.2) Alternatively, MS could buy a well known Japanese publisher institution. Sega makes the most sense to me. They have a significant publishing arm, they have studios worldwide, they have name recognition and brand history, and they have a fair few beloved IPs. But, they're not exactly quietly amassing a fortune with all of that. Many of their studios are struggling to put out stuff that really sells. Imagine if MS bought Sega, kept the name, retooled and rebranded their consoles as Sega boxes (in a strange reverse of the Famicon that would probably be a great collector's edition abroad too). Accompany that with very good initial support of Sega properties, and that may transform Xbox's position (if not reputation per se) amongst the public and devs.
3.3) Xbox could change their entire product pitch in Japan to woo customers and intrigue devs. Things like a mobile-focused asian division. Or a focus on other smaller, portable devices like Switch or portability services like xCloud. Xbox consoles aren't really going to sell in Japan, which means lots of devs won't bother. But what if Xbox built a presence apart from just selling boxes?

Realistically? Japan is a niche market. The one tool I could see making a difference for devs without an exclusivity deal is Game Pass allowing smaller devs to realistically get paid enough to make porting a low-risk affair, with all the potential upside of exposure and engagement.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's maybe for an additional reason than the only japanese origin, but I am too lazy to search for exemple. It's just an opinion based on my subjective observation of yearly releases : a measurable portion of indie games, A and AA already skip that platform. Spencer can guarantee a significant amount of licenses sold, and it's enough for major titles of Bamco or Capcom, but not for all software products.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...conquers-uk-charts-with-impressive-debut-week

In the link you find the that during debut week Kingdom Hearts sold 82% on the PS4 in the UK. Even though a greater percentage of Xbox users buy more digital if digital sales was included it would actually increase the market share in favour of PS4. So if that marketshare of the the game in Xbox second largest territory and how much worst is it when the rest of the world is factored in? No this would lead me to speculate that even the biggest JRPG's such FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, MHW is achieving at best 10% marketshare. How much less for the non AAA games?

Last edited:

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Also why are people here acting like Final Fantasy VII Remake isn't coming to Xbox? It was said from the start to be "first on PS4." That seems pretty clear to me that it's coming to Xbox One after a set amount of time.

Is it? Haven't seen that announcement. PC is a given because Japanese companies support the PC. I wouldn't say XBox is a given - it's definitely possible. But not a given, either.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Did MS part ways with Mistwalker on a bad term or something? You'd think that's the studio they would go for buyout.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's going to take a long time for it to change and it may not. Who knows.

Would be good to see more Japanese games though I hope they continue to crack on with securing.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...conquers-uk-charts-with-impressive-debut-week

In the link you find the that during debut week Kingdom Hearts sold 82% on the PS4 in the UK. Even though a greater percentage of Xbox users buy more digital if digital sales was included it would actually increase the market share in favour of PS4. So if that marketshare of the the game in Xbox second largest territory and how much worst is it when the rest of the world is factored in? No this would lead me to speculate that even the biggest JRPG's such FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, MHW is achieving at best 10% marketshare. How much less for the non AAA games?

Most of the NPD threads state it's usually around 20% marketshare with certain franchises being less or more. With shares a lot higher for such titles back on the 360.

Not on the in the Xbox top 10 NPD chart but I'm pretty sure ffx charted on the Switch's top 10. It also charted in the combined top 20 chart. From the looks of it on the back of the switch version.

FFIX made it to the top 25, unsure if it ever went higher than that. Never payed attention to the others.

Oct 27, 2017
Phil's trips primarily resulted in and uptick of content from Bandai namco. Previously they were only getting Souls games and select anime games like Naruto and DBZ, now there's sword art Online games(which were notably absent before), Tales games(previous games like bersaria were exclusive), and things like code vein which easily would've been exclusive in the past

Capcom generally releases everything in the Xbox already

Sega is still bad but at least there's valkyria chronicles and PSO2

SE only has started doing the Ff remasters to the console in 8,10,12 etc. but they aren't committing to anything else

What about when the titles did come and nothing changed?
The only title from SE that really bombed was FF Type 0. FFXV and kingdom hearts 3 did very well. There's no reason why the KH collection hasn't been ported at this point or a DQ builders. I'm not saying obscure more niche games would sell but at least put the bigger games

Same goes for Sega and Yakuza.

Last edited:

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I think Square decides on a game to game basis. While Nier Automata ended up selling enough to make a XBox port seem worthwhile other games did not.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You have some points, but we have data that shows for example that action JRPGs (real time combat) such as Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III and NieR Automata sold well on Xbox One as they were on the top of Xbox's Top
Paid Games Chart for a long time, yet Oninaki (which is also an action RPG) isn't coming to Xbox One and there is no deal there because it's on PC, PS4 and Switch. Explain that decision to me.
Final fantasy and kingdom hearts are too big to fail on Xbox, nier:a also has become a must have which means you'd have to buy it to get with the times, its like CoD or AC. To actually prove that there is a audience they would have to buy the more obscure game. For instance tales of vesperia remaster, from the little we know despite the original being a 360 exclusive it by far sold the least on xb1 and from wwhat we gather the switch version sold the most. (And what that tells us is switch doesnt get a tales of arise port lol) thats where it truly matters

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Most of the NPD threads state it's usually around 20% marketshare with certain franchises being less or more. With shares a lot higher for such titles back on the 360.

FFIX made it to the top 25, unsure if it ever went higher than that. Never payed attention to the others.
Is the bolded refering to US or WW? Where referring to JRPG? If so 20% marketshare WW is beyond my comprehension.
elumVdB.png

Spain:
Week 05, 2019 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 Kingdom Hearts III - 59,000 / NEW
02 (01) PS4 Resident Evil 2 - 9,000 / 42,000
03 (NE) XBO Kingdom Hearts III - 3,700 / NEW
04 (05) NSW New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 2,500 / 33,000
05 (02) PS4 FIFA 19 - 2,300 / 601,500

XX (NE) PC Ace Combat 7 - 600 / NEW
Spain's market share of approximately 6% for the XB1 sku reflects that of Southern Europe. Nordic countries won't be significantly better than this. So if that's the marketshare in Europe, how much smaller is it in Asia? Will the Americas, the rest of the Pal regions and the countries where data isn't track shift the marketshare in Xbox's favour. Highly doubt.

Last edited:

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spain's market share reflect that of Southern Europe. Nordic countries won't be significantly better than this. So if that's the marketshare in Europe, how much smaller is it in Asia? Will the Americas, the rest of the Pal regions and the countries where data isn't track shift the marketshare in Xbox's favour. Highly doubt.
last time i checked my country's data the wiiu was still miles ahead of the xbox one and the wii u did horribly.