• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Exactly how I feel about Origins. I bought the Gold Edition and it's a great game, but nearing the end of the story, I felt like I couldn't keep going. I finished it a few months ago and now I'm on Curse of the Pharaohs after beating The Hidden Ones. Honestly, I don't care how much praise Odyssey gets, I'm not picking it up. I can't sink that much time and effort into another AC after playing Origins, especially in a setting I'm not nearly as interested in, and I'll have to wait and see about Ragnarok. I'll definitely be there when they take the series to China or Japan, though.

Yeh dont! I bought into all the praise and regret it. I actually enjoyed Origins a lot more (the setting is much better imo). Honestly the deserts had more personality than the emptiness of odyssey; due to it's scale.

I played the base game of AC origins and felt satisfied AC wise. Forward 1,5 year later, a decent break I would say, and odyssey burnt me out pretty much straight away. Besides (mostly superficial) dialogue options which take loading every single time, it brings nothing new to the table.

Maybe if they had streamlined the game more, and didn't force you to do side missions by levelgating main missions, I would have enjoyed it more.