• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I guess there is always a chance that Sony went up there and super secretly announced TLOU2, Death Standing, and GoT release dates to an entire room full of people and somehow expected not a single one of them to leak that info and the people I know there didnt tell me about it. But that seems kinda far fetched tbh lol
Spot on haha.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018

Small video of the montage they did at this event, looks like rehash of old footage.

Edit: No idea who this guy is but he claims the event focused on TLOU2 and it's slated for 25/10/19.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Oh, disregard what I said earlier—the thread has been cleansed. Go about discussing what you think could be released this year. My guess is and has always been Ghost of Tsushima. Sucker Punch have been working on that game for awhile, so I think it could be the surprise release this year.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They always show everything that has been announced at DPS regardless of pending release date.

DPS is retailers bouncing from publisher casita to publisher casita, a couple dinners and everyone ends up eating at least once at both the steakhouse and the Mexican place at the resort.

I did start a rad bocce ball tourney after the concert one year. That was fun.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Small video of the montage they did at this event, looks like rehash of old footage.

Edit: No idea who this guy is but he claims the event focused on TLOU2 and it's slated for 25/10/19.

the video is from the instagram i posted, this user is not reliable.

They always show everything that has been announced at DPS regardless of pending release date.
but isnt destination intended as an event to inform retailers of the games that are planned to release in the coming year and make shipping deals? why show games that are a few years out?

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but isnt destination intended as an event to inform retailers of the games that are planned to release in the coming year and make shipping deals? why show games that are a few years out?

The stage show the first day is just a hype show. They show the same videos and games that are already public. Everything about unannounced games is done in the casitas or meeting rooms, not in the theater show on day 1.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
The stage show the first day is just a hype show. They show the same videos and games that are already public. Everything about unannounced games is done in the casitas or meeting rooms, not in the theater show on day 1.

Is there anyone from the studios there? That's what I'm curious about tbh

I mean, I'm sure they're going to show new stuff to certain people but most likely it won't leak out.

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to know why the OP hasn't been updated yet, given that a number of people who would know have contradicted the big "It's all coming by Q1 2020" claim. Seems like that will just lead to more bullshit in a thread that's already seen its share.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I mean this was an event for retailers for the next year, so if they are not planning to release all them games before next February why would they show the retailers ?. They would show them next year when the games are actually coming out.

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone from the studios there? That's what I'm curious about tbh

I mean, I'm sure they're going to show new stuff to certain people but most likely it won't leak out.

Sometimes studio folk attend if a game will be presented behind closed doors. Overwhelming majority is business people doing business people things. It's a great event, but in a way inside baseball kind of way.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Sometimes studio folk attend if a game will be presented behind closed doors. Overwhelming majority is business people doing business people things. It's a great event, but in a way inside baseball kind of way.

I get it, hopefully post Days Gone release we will get some new insight into Sony's plans for the rest of the year... At least in terms of any event happening even if it's just a direct

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
That's a killer fucking line up. Sony not resting on that massive lead and really driving on momentum

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they all actually come out in the next year, along with Days Gone, Dreams (early access) and Concrete Genie, that would be an insane line up.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I've been fairly sure for a while now that we'll be seeing The Last of Us Part II and Death Stranding this year and Ghost of Tsushima early next year, given what we know about the status of the projects, so these rumours add up in my view. Hopefully my predictions land:

Death Stranding - September '19
The Last of Us Part II - November '19
Ghost of Tsushima - February '20

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still truly believe The Last of Us II drops this year, and Ghost and Death Stranding both drop by July of next year.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Thats nice, but I always expect delays anyways. So since they haven't shared a release date yet and we are also 2 months into 2019 and considering the fact that delays are commonplace nowadays I won't get my hopes up to play those games anytime soon. It is mostly to save my sanity, because I know my hypetrains are on full steam all the time and a derailment can be avoided by a pessimistic approach

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was Walmart Canada there?

XS5LK.gif

Feb 12, 2019
Well I am sure we will get one more this year other than Days Gone. I think Ghosts is close to done. However it could easily be a Q1 2020 release with Last of Us ending the year. Death Stranding is still far away. PS5/PS4 duo release.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Well I am sure we will get one more this year other than Days Gone. I think Ghosts is close to done. However it could easily be a Q1 2020 release with Last of Us ending the year. Death Stranding is still far away. PS5/PS4 duo release.

We know for certain this year we have MLB, Days Gone, Concrete Genie, and Dreams. I think we'll also get one of the remaining big 3.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
People are still gonna be arguing that TLoU2, Ghosts and Death Stranding will be out in 2019 this time next year :p

All three wont be out by the end of 2020, never mind 2019.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I worked in a different industry, but to give context on how retailer-partner events work.

It's not that you go there to show trailers/share release dates/etc and you're done.

Sure, you share those things.

But you also create the platform where you talk about product's audience, planned marketing initiatives surrounding those products, the point-of-sale materials that retailers would be supported with for certain games, what aspect of the game could be 'retailer-exclusive' for cross-promotion. You share details about the product's planned marketing roadmap so that retailers themselves can figure out what the publisher is planning to do to support a game and plan their own allocation and resources to support the game's launch in their own way.

And then lastly, and arguably the more important aspects of these kind of events... is there to build a sense of partnership/friendship/loyalty between the different partners. These events are held in fancy hotels with luxurious events and activities to make your partners feel appreciated, happy. Get them drunk, fed on good food, have the time of their lives. It might seem trivial or meaningless, but these kind of 'soft-touches' matter a lot in any industry where you rely on partners to distribute your products to the widest global audience.

HOSKINGJ

Jan 5, 2018
Benji MatPiscatella Thank you both so much for weighing in and your patience, I really appreciate the insight.

I'm getting a pretty clear flavour on the shape of the event (also thank you Nightengale ) but one thing I'm not clear on is whether new footage (gameplay or cinematic) is shown to that audience? Or would that all be done in private, arranged sessions (hotel suites/meeting rooms) if at all?

If it's not crossing the line without asking for details, was new footage shown to the big audience this particular year?

Thanks ever so much!

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benji MatPiscatella Thank you both so much for weighing in and your patience, I really appreciate the insight.

I'm getting a pretty clear flavour on the shape of the event (also thank you Nightengale ) but one thing I'm not clear on is whether new footage (gameplay or cinematic) is shown to that audience? Or would that all be done in private, arranged sessions (hotel suites/meeting rooms) if at all?

Over the years I attended, anything new would be behind closed doors.