• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
It wasnt that exciting tbh
wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F05%252Fdonehere.gif%252Ffit-in__1200x9600.gif

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a sales insider from the industry, do you think there is any possibility of all of those releasing this fiscal year?

All of them? No

I'm sure some will, Sony have to have something this year besides Days Gone. But all of those hitting this fiscal year is highly doubtful

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Can't wait to play those systemsellers.
Destination Playstation is being held every hear (read on era), but it's the first time i heard about it, strange.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main purpose of this event to prep retailers of what's coming and get them to order as many copies as possible? If so, why show anything that's not coming out prior to the next Destination PS event?

xem

Oct 31, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main purpose of this event to prep retailers of what's coming and get them to order as many copies as possible? If so, why show anything that's not coming out prior to the next Destination PS event?
seems pretty logical, but havent looked at the history of the event. Maybe they have show games 2 years out in the past?

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony doesn't use Destination Playstation to announce release dates or to talk about unannounced projects.

This is essentially a retailer event to get them hyped up / on board with the brand so they keep stocking consoles and games.

Dont think of this as some sort of huge new reveals event. It's nothing like that

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Sony doesn't use Destination Playstation to announce release dates or to talk about unannounced projects.

This is essentially a retailer event to get them hyped up / on board with the brand so they keep stocking consoles and games.

Dont think of this as some sort of huge new reveals event. It's nothing like that
Where you at the event? Because this doesn't sound like what Sony have actually said Destination Playstation is

"Now we have an event in February called Destination PlayStation, where we bring all retailers and third-party partners to come hear the story for the year"

It's not like they're going to be talking about late 2020 games in a 2019 event about what's going to happen in the following year. They'd just talk about it in the 2020 event.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
No it doesn't. This is just them showing their future lineup which has been the same for some years now.

This. There is absolutely no indication in this that all of the games showcased is coming this fiscal year.

As a matter of fact, this is no indication that anything actually new about those games is going to be shown at the event.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Is there a lot of 3rd party members involved in this type of event?

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where you at the event? Because this doesn't sound like what Sony have actually said Destination Playstation is

"Now we have an event in February called Destination PlayStation, where we bring all retailers and third-party partners to come hear the story for the year"

It's not like they're going to be talking about late 2020 games in a 2019 event about what's going to happen in the following year. They'd just talk about it in the 2020 event.

I have not commented on what is and what isnt coming this year from Sony.

I was not at this year's event. I have attended them in the past. And know people that were there this year.

They did show games that are coming this year, as well as some that are not.

Stop hyping yourselves Sony secretly did an E3 to a room full of suits at retailers

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

Yeah, but Shawn Layden is a liar ;)

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Soooo, Bloodborne 2 confirmed?

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
User Banned (3 days): Continually antagonising members over a number of posts

I was not at this year's event. I have attended them in the past. And know people that were there this year.

Stop hyping yourselves Sony secretly did an E3 to a room full of suits at retailers

No, you stated this event was nothing more than a "hype" event with none of the games shown being related to a 2019 release and they're just their to hype retailers for the Playstation brand and get them to restock on unrelated games. I'm saying by Sony's OWN words the event is used to tell the "story" for the upcoming year. Never likened it to E3 or anything of the sort so stop with the pathetic strawmen.

You weren't at the event yet tried to come in here and throw your "e-clout" around as if the rest of us were invalids that needed to defer to your superior knowledge. I've had enough dealings with Era users that call themselves "insiders" to know that more often than not they know just as little as anyone else.

Oct 26, 2017
No, you stated this event was nothing more than a "hype" event with none of the games shown being related to a 2019 release and they're just their to hype retailers for the Playstation brand and get them to restock on unrelated games. I'm saying by Sony's OWN words the event is used to tell the "story" for the upcoming year. Never likened it to E3 or anything of the sort so stop with the pathetic strawmen.

You weren't at the event yet tried to come in here and throw your "e-clout" around as if the rest of us were invalids that needed to defer to your superior knowledge. I've had enough dealings with Era users that call themselves "insiders" to know that more often than not they know just as little as anyone else.

What a post, duder.

Like... Calm down.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You are quite literally making things up

I never said none of the games shown were not 2019 games

I never used e-clout for anything. I know people that were at this event and have talked to them about it

Feel free to ask any admin or mod you want if I'm a "fake insider"

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Sony's lack of information is driving people insane into crazy theories... 😂

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

gamer nation

RISE UP

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I never said none of the games shown were not 2019 games

Yes you did

Sony doesn't use Destination Playstation to announce release dates

By Sony own words that use the even to tell retailers what games are coming out during the year. So yes they do use Destination Playstation to announce release dates/windows

I never used e-clout for anything. I know people that were at this event and have talked to them about it
You came in an cast aspersions no what people thought Destination Playstation was or was not as if you know anymore despite not even being at the event. No one said it was like E3 so not sure why you kept parroting that line and demanding people check themselves emotionally.

Feel free to ask any admin or mod you want if I'm a "fake insider"
I don't doubt that you meet the standard for "insider" as set out by Era, I'm just saying it's a pretty low standard which I attach no weight to. I've seen more "verified insiders" be wrong about stuff then be right about stuff on here.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
And then people wonder why I often times think about leaving lol

It's a tough gig tbh

yeah i imagine these kids have never considered what it must be like having a bunch of Angry Forum Posters degrade you online over literally nothing.

if it's any consolation i lurk sales threads and appreciate your contributions homie. would be bummed if you actually left.

Oct 25, 2017

Disregarding how stupidly aggressive this is, have you... did you not see the other takes from other people in the industry basically agreeing that this was nothing special? Like can you not read other posts?

I mean you just insinuated that you thought you were an invalid so I worry man.

Also he said he was sure some of them will be 2019 games, ya daft bastard.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes you did

By Sony own words that use the even to tell retailers what games are coming out during the year. So yes they do use Destination Playstation to announce release dates/windows

You came in an cast aspersions no what people thought Destination Playstation was or was not as if you know anymore despite not even being at the event. No one said it was like E3 so not sure why you kept parroting that line and demanding people check themselves emotionally.

I don't doubt that you meet the standard for "insider" as set out by Era, I'm just saying it's a pretty low standard which I attach no weight to. I've seen more "verified insiders" be wrong about stuff then be right about stuff on here.

So let's go through these 1 by 1

Firstly. Sony talks about games that are coming out this year certainly. That primarily involves talking with retailers about games that have already been announced for release this coming year, not actually dropping the new dates themselves. They occasionally will be a little more specific and give a vague timeframes they hope to launch a game in, but they dont go on stage and tell everyone TLOU2 and Death Strandings release dates. They dont do that if it's not public knowledge

Secondly I do know more about the event than you do. I know 2 separate people personally that were in the room and talked to them about it

Thirdly, I'm not vague with the people I need to be about who exactly I am. There are people on the admin team that know exactly how I obtain the info I do. If you dont want to believe that, that's ok maybe just try not to be a hateful person over it

Thanks!

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Atomsphere is too tense here, let's relax a bit.

One thing for sure is that Sony is prepping for something big post Days Gone.

We will only get new information regarding whatever comes next in May after Days Gone release, all focus is on Sony Bend right now

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Benji, for your sanity, please back away from this thread and return to SalesEra where you are warm and safe. I beg you. Please. You don't have to throw yourself on this grenade. I'll take it for you. Now where did I put my grenade pillow?

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benji, for your sanity, please back away from this thread and return to SalesEra where you are warm and safe. I beg you. Please. You don't have to throw yourself on this grenade. I'll take it for you. Now where did I put my grenade pillow?

Yeah time for me to leave the thread

Honestly did not expect this to derail how crazily it did. Was mostly just trying to temper expectations

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, you are one patient man, Benji. Kudos to you. And thanks for all the info you are giving regarding what this event is and what it's not.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, you are one patient man, Benji. Kudos to you. And thanks for all the info you are giving regarding what this event is and what it's not.

I guess there is always a chance that Sony went up there and super secretly announced TLOU2, Death Standing, and GoT release dates to an entire room full of people and somehow expected not a single one of them to leak that info and the people I know there didnt tell me about it. But that seems kinda far fetched tbh lol

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Yeah time for me to leave the thread

Honestly did not expect this to derail how crazily it did. Was mostly just trying to temper expectations

Benji, we love you! You have tons of patience, and we love your insight into games and the occasional sales analysis.

People are just desperate for information which drives them mad on a world where there's always something new going around. Please do not think all of us are like the person above we respect what you share with us and really love to heart your opinion on things.

Thank you for everything