• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
I feel at this point we REALLY dont need an icon above the player that indicates if they are a warlock, a hunter or a titan

Its pretty obvious

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Weapons of Light is back for bubble titans. Everything about this looks amazing other than maybe how the new resources will work.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
So why am I grinding this solstice armor again? All old stuff I acquire again will be 2.0 anyway?

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So... all of my current Gambit Prime armour will be obsolete? Are you fucking kidding me? What about Exotics? Do we have to re-earn 2.0 versions of all Exotic Armour that we have...

Do we just pull them from collections? How much is that gonna cost?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
So... all of my current Gambit Prime armour will be obsolete? Are you fucking kidding me? What about Exotics? Do we have to re-earn 2.0 versions of all Exotic Armour that we have...

Do we just pull them from collections? How much is that gonna cost?

Any exotic you pull from collections will be 2.0

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Duh it's going to be obsolete, every armor is becoming obsolete in shadowkeep.

Exotics will be able to printed from collections in 2.0 form, but will have static rolls, 2.0 armor exotics with random rolls then enter the loot pool.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I'm slightly confused. They're talking about still farming armor for god rolls, but I thought the whole point of the mods was that you pick and choose what you want. so what exactly is RNG at drop?

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Datto is seriously upset about weapons of light returning lol.

Did he miss the part of Luke's essay yesterday about how they're changing how stacking buffs work? WoL returning isn't going to be without other broader changes to the sandbox.

I'm slightly confused. They're talking about still farming armor for god rolls, but I thought the whole point of the mods was that you pick and choose what you want. so what exactly is RNG at drop?

The base stats.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
No I get that, but all legendary you acquire will be 2.0 as well... And it's going to be a lot faster grabbing vendor packages vs this solstice crap, lol

Yes, but solstice gear comes with a full set of arc, void or solar. These new mods are tied to those elements and random gear in the wild can drop with any element. So if you want a build that uses mostly arc mods then you already have an advantage if you're a Hunter and have the majestic solstice set.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Farming for MODS i believe was the implication, not the armor itself. Could have been referring to exotics as well, since you'll still have god rolls for exotics.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
They specifically talked about being able to pull your exotics from your collection but then also wanting to farm them for a better roll though...

I'm guessing they just misspoke because from what they showed the armor has no inherent perks anymore. It all comes from your mods now.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Is it time for me to go back

giphy.gif

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Any updates on crossplay? Even just a hint?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
They specifically talked about being able to pull your exotics from your collection as 2.0 but then also wanting to farm them for a better roll though...
Sounded like the exotic armor in collections will have set base stats before the mods are in . Then the random drops will have different base stats.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused, can you pull Y1/Y2 armour from collections to get an armour 2.0 equivalent? That was always the weirdest part of the divide between Y1 and Y2 armours, where they didn't bother giving Y2 armours a fixed roll in collections.

Splitting mods into different energy types is disappointing as well, especially when it comes to exotics. You can't really farm those so you might be just out of luck if you don't have the correct energy type.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
The base levels of the 6 stat buffs. You could see even when she put +discipline on everything, she was still at only 90% so the armor itself was not ideal for a discipline build.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'm confused, can you pull Y1/Y2 armour from collections to get an armour 2.0 equivalent? That was always the weirdest part of the divide between Y1 and Y2 armours, where they didn't bother giving Y2 armours a fixed roll in collections.
You can but you'll get a fixed roll. World drops can have better rolls.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

No. You have to go out and regain the armor again. So if you want a 2.0 EDZ set then you have to go earn it again. Once you do though then any piece you pull from collections will be a 2.0 version.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
No. You have to go out and regain the armor again. So if you want a 2.0 EDZ set then you have to go earn it again. Once you do though then any piece you pull from collections will be a 2.0 version.

Ugh why would they do that? RIP any chance of using Y1 armour, I am not running Escalation Protocol for 5 weeks or running Leviathan ever again.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
I didnt see any place to put planetary matts on those armor upgrades so i guess those are reserved to weapons?