• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I'd say if you want 2.0 planetary sets then get to farming materials now. That way you can get them relatively easy once Shadowkeep hits. Same thing for mods. The Gunsmith will be selling those new mods in Shadowkeep so start stockpiling those gunsmith materials.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Did they explicitly say that Legendaries wouldn't be pullable from Collections, or are people just inferring that because they only called out exotics?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Datto said something that make sense, if every perks on the armor became mods then how is it almost not different than D2Y1 where the moment you got the armor to drop, you are more or less done, you don't have to care for another armor drop? Getting rng perks is what kept players grinding, searching and playing.

I better hope the armor stats are rng for every drop so as to keep chasing.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Datto said something that make sense, if every perks on the armor became mods then how is it almost not different than D2Y1 where the moment you got the armor to drop, you are more or less done, you don't have to care for another armor drop? Getting rng perks is what kept players grinding, searching and playing.

Didn't they say as much? That you're not grinding for the god roll in regards to perks anymore, you're grinding for the god roll in regards to armor stats.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Stats still are rng and so is the element on the armor that's tied to which mods you can use, so there's still a reason to keep farming armor. If you want to use a bunch of shotgun mods then you need arc armor, so keep grinding until you get it. Same with stats.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I am hyped for shadowkeep. I wonder if stats at 100 will make a significant difference though

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts

D1 had farming for high percentage rolls, assumedly it'll be similar.

Also, anecdote, but I barely chase new armor as is, aside from checking for enhanced perks. Taking D2Y1's "wear what looks cool" approach, while still adding a chase through mods/mod drops and stats sounds a lot better imo

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
So would I, but you now have an incentive to go back and do old raids whenever you want.

It's a pretty shitty incentive when it doesn't add anything substantive, not even something as simple as raid banners in Leviathan instead of needing to equip Y1 armour to use Giving Hand.

I don't see why adding base, fixed stats to legendary armour from collections would be so terrible.

They said as much when talking about exotics drops in Y3 vs pulling from collections.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Stats still are rng and so is the element on the armor that's tied to which mods you can use, so there's still a reason to keep farming armor. If you want to use a bunch of shotgun mods then you need arc armor, so keep grinding until you get it. Same with stats.

So we'll still look like a mismatched space hobo if we have the stats and element we want on disparate armor unless we have universal ornaments from Eververse. Disappointing, since their stated initial goal of Armor 2.0 was to make it so that you didn't have to choose between fashion and function.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
So we'll still look like a mismatched space hobo if we have the stats and element we want on disparate armor unless we have universal ornaments from Eververse. Disappointing, since their stated initial goal of Armor 2.0 was to make it so that you didn't have to choose between fashion and function.

They said that about universal ornaments, not armor 2.0 and universal ornaments have always been tied to Eververse sets.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
EB81C4fWwAAEvjL

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Kinda pissed that I've spent the last 1-2 months grinding out armour for Gambit Prime in the Reckoning.

At least they have the decency to auto update all Exotic armour to 2.0. They'll be static rolls which is kind of a kick in the teeth if you have a favourite exotic with great perks. Also how much is it going to costs me to re-collect all my exotic armour across 3 characters? And when I do pull them from collections will they drop 20 power levels under my current level like they do now?

To be honest, I'm getting REALLY sick and tired of Bungie moving the goal posts every time they introduce some big new feature. It'd be fucking fantastic if they could get it right the fucking first time for once.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

I wasn't able to watch so I'm catching up with the reddit post and whatever's posted here. I like the way both things sound. It reminds of PSO which used RNG for improved armor stats and separately had units that offered extra stats (units are not exactly perks but the comparison is close enough for me). I like it!

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Mod system excites me. Never really bothered with them so much before but seeing they stay permanently unlocked means I'm more likely to use them now!

I was watching this as I was thinking of going to get escalation protocol armour and calus armour for my other classes, but seems it's not worth it till shadowkeep now.

One of my big questions now is will solstice armour masterwork carry over to 2.0. I'm sadly guessing no, but just.. really put me off bothering to do it now.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

This looks like it has to do with getting rid of our base level and replacing it with the artifact level, which grants a bonus to your power level when leveled up. If you take a look you'll notice the base level cap is no longer under your characters name. Instead, it's replaced with season rank (most likely artifact rank), power level and something else. Makes sense to since your base level means nothing at this point and is just a tedious grind for new players trying to jump in. Maybe this is how they're introducing new players in New Light as well where they'll be automatically leveled up to power level 750, which wouldn't make sense if they still had to grind to base level cap of 50.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'll just wait for Destiny 3.

I wanted to go back to D2 after couple of months break but I was bombarded by billion welcome screens and activities and I wasn't feeling like googling "what should I do now", lol. That's what you get for getting out of the MMO loop I guess.

I doubt there's gonna be a D3 in the traditional sense. From Luke's blog yesterday it seems they just want to keep expanding on the current universe and have one unified world.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
"You need to get all the same shit again" is not a good reason to go back and do old content.

Make new planetary gear, as it's been the same since D2 launched. Having to grind stuff we already earned in this same game is bad.

Agree to disagree I guess. I have no problem with it. It's that simple to be honest. I love running EP from time to time and knowing I'll have plenty of people running it with me now that you can get the entire set as a 2.0 version is a great feeling. Same with old raid gear, especially since I love raiding.

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt there's gonna be a D3 in the traditional sense. From Luke's blog yesterday it seems they just want to keep expanding on the current universe and have one unified world.

They've outright said that they can't keep adding on to D2 forever, there will be a "break" at some point with something called Destiny 3 ect. Especially if they want to make a game that's next gen only and the benefits that would bring.

I bet it just ends up that we get a Year 4 of Destiny 2 and D3 isn't until Fall 2021. With maybe more carry over from D2 to D3 than D1 to D2.

Oct 26, 2017
So someone mentioned this to me but uh, since the Mods/Perks have a element associated with them now. Did Bungie mention that certain elements will get certain perks over other elements? Because if true that basically just ruins a lot of this new system to me. "Great i got a Solar Helmet, but these mods/perks only work on Arc Armor"

If it's just all mods/perks come in 3 variants and you have to unlock all 3, that's fine I guess.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
So someone mentioned this to me but uh, since the Mods/Perks have a element associated with them now. Did Bungie mention that certain elements will get certain perks over other elements? Because if true that basically just ruins a lot of this new system to me. "Great i got a Solar Helmet, but these mods/perks only work on Arc Armor"

If it's just all mods/perks come in 3 variants and you have to unlock all 3, that's fine I guess.

Nah pretty sure when mods drop they can drop in any of the 3 elements