• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
During the stream, one of them said that they opted to go for a shotgun build because they had arc armour so I'm pretty sure mods are split into different sets.

Probably because the shotgun mods he had were meant for arc armor only. The whole point of this system is to use armor that you love the look of while at the same time making it how you want it to play. I'm almost 100% sure that mods will drop either as solar, void, or arc... and armors will drop in any of those as well, and you just have to match the elements together.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because the shotgun mods he had were meant for arc armor only. The whole point of this system is to use armor that you love the look of while at the same time making it how you want it to play. I'm almost 100% sure that mods will drop either as solar, void, or arc... and armors will drop in any of those as well, and you just have to match the elements together.

It seems pointless to have a triple set of armour mods across the three energy types. All that does it make it more annoying when you get an armour mod of the wrong energy type and in the end makes those energy types pointless when you have the entire set.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
It seems pointless to have a triple set of armour mods across the three energy types. All that does it make it more annoying when you get an armour mod of the wrong energy type and in the end makes those energy types pointless when you have the entire set.

yea but armor mods are dropping more frequently now and from multiple sources

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I'm pretty sure the mods don't drop with various elemental types. You have a set amount of mods tied to void, solar and arc. If you want shotgun mods then you go out and farm for arc armor since only arc armor can slot arc mods and shotgun mods are arc. That's how I took it anyway.

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
lol @ people mad they have to go back and do old content to get armor 2.0.

as if your vanilla d2 leviathan armor w/ fixed perks and less mods was useful this past year.

they converted all legendary gear, it's a fucking blessing.

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wish they talked about expanding vault and inventory slots cuz getting all that armor specific to an energy class is gonna make things hectic as fuck

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So looking at it, we have...

Sidearm, pulse rifle(?), grenade launchers, hand cannons and sniper rifles Void Mods.
Auto Rifle (?), Fusion/Linear Fusion, Rocket Launcher, and SMGs for Solar Mods.
Bow, Scouts, Shotgun, Sword, and Machine Gun for Arc Mods.

I really can't tell the difference between the rifles/machine guns silhouettes, so someone who's better at that should probably take a look see, but outside of Machine Gun it doesn't seem like the accounts they had set up had much overlap in gun archetypes.

Also it's worth pointing out that from what I saw, the universal mods tended to all trend towards the "Generics" like Scatter/Precision Targeting Assist.

Edit: Mind wandered, I answered my own question. I still don't believe we're getting multi-elemental shotgun mods, though.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine farming 2.0 armor will be bad when planetary sets are coming back into the fold. Buy a shit ton of resources from Spider and buy all of the armor in the world from one of the vendors on a planet.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
What should I be collecting right now to prepare for October?
planetary materials, gunsmith parts, vendor tokens (vanguard, crucible, calus), bright dust, masterwork cores, mod components.

lol @ people mad they have to go back and do old content to get armor 2.0.

as if your vanilla d2 leviathan armor w/ fixed perks and less mods was useful this past year.

they converted all legendary gear, it's a fucking blessing.
Yep. Those activities have a purpose again.

I can't imagine farming 2.0 armor will be bad when planetary sets are coming back into the fold. Buy a shit ton of resources from Spider and buy all of the armor in the world from one of the vendors on a planet.
Buying directly from the vendor will be a poor choice, as those rolls were stated to be mid-tier.

Doing the same strategy but using those materials to open vendor engrams would be the actual play.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
man I am going to be paralyzed on masterworking armor not knowing if it has the best stats. If I fully masterwork something and find the same gear with better stats. . . But man I am still excited for all of the updates

monodlee

Oct 28, 2017
so they said that we can still use our current armor, but how is that going to work out concerning stats? will they all be 0 discipline/strength/intelligence? is each mobility/recovery/resistence point going to convert to 10 in the new system? i think this is the last info i need before i clear my vault.

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
so they said that we can still use our current armor, but how is that going to work out concerning stats? will they all be 0 discipline/strength/intelligence? is each mobility/recovery/resistence point going to convert to 10 in the new system? i think this is the last info i need before i clear my vault.

they did say that eventually you're going to want to convert over to newer stuff.

if i were you, i wouldn't worry about your old gear so much. even if you like how it looks, you'll be able to hunt for updated versions right out of the gate.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
I've played through both D1 and 2 and I have no idea what any of this means lmao.
I guess going back to catch up and then play through shadowkeep when it launches is going to be quite a different experience then? I like the direction D2 has been leaning towards recently.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've played through both D1 and 2 and I have no idea what any of this means lmao.
I guess going back to catch up and then play through shadowkeep when it launches is going to be quite a different experience then? I like the direction D2 has been leaning towards recently.

Essentially, the perks that randomly roll on armor currently will now be mods you unlock and customize on your armor to your heart's content. It's just more customization and control of our armor perks with the addition of more depth with stats.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I got the overall gist of it but that stream confused the hell out of me, especially the elemental armour bit.

At that part I was like
th

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm both happy and... confused.

So the solstice gear will have a designated element thay will drop come shadowkeep? If I understand this correctly for Hunter its Arc, Warlock Void, and Titan solar?

Also gonna need clarification on if mods can roll different elements OR only certain types of mods can be equipped to specific elements. Example if you like shotguns you'll need to find a arc set, etc.

Stider

Oct 25, 2017
I'm both happy and... confused.

So the solstice gear will have a designated element thay will drop come shadowkeep? If I understand this correctly for Hunter its Arc, Warlock Void, and Titan solar?

Also gonna need clarification on if mods can roll different elements OR only certain types of mods can be equipped to specific elements. Example if you like shotguns you'll need to find a arc set, etc.
Yeah this is my concern. If mods are tied to a specific element and you only get the one set of solstice armour 2.0 when Shadowkeep hits then the armour might be useless depending on the element and what weapons you prefer using.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Once or twice a match isn't 'constant' and there is no such thing as super spam except in Mayhem. (Best mode btw :D )
Idk I get 3 supers in the majority of my quickplay matches. Thanks to super mods and perks that give extra super energy on sniper kills. That's not even accounting if the team is chaining supers.

itd be fine if supers didn't get so much armor