• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Recap from https://old.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cqdlvz/armor_20_live_stream_updates/

• Solstice armor will become armor 2.0 on Oct 1st ( Talk to Banshee-44 / gives upgrade pack of purple sol gear 2.0)
  • Light Bump to but not sure how high. Saw exotics in stream at 810 light level
  • Adding Intel / Dex / Strgth scale from 0-100 not 1-10 Each 10 points for stat goes into a new tier and aspect boost
  • Glimmer bump to 250k <<<confirmed!
  • New eye of the gate lord shown on character screen Ghost shown over character and sparrow behind guardian on character screen as well.
  • Exotics automatically changed in world and in collection to armor 2.0 version with a fixed roll and can still get different rolls.
  • No randomized perks on armor / replaced with energy and slots
  • Each armor has an energy type and energy can be upgraded
  • Only matching mods can go into matching armor. Armor with void energy either needs void mods or any typemods
  • Each mod requires an amount of energy to slot into your armor
  • Socketing mods cost glimmer
  • Mods Don't go away when used, mods are unlocked and kept and can be used however many times you want for experimenting builds. Unlocked mods last forever
  • Armor energy upgrades cost glimmer / legendary shards / ascendant shards (new item)
  • Fully upgraded armor gets +2 to all stats
  • Multiple different sources for materials like enchantment cores and ascendant shards
  • Can upgrade some materials into other materials somehow find out more at gamescon, but NF will be a part of it. More focus on being able to earn what you need without RNG
  • Ammo finders are specific to each weapon now not just. Primary / Energy / Heavy and have been tweaked to work better than finders do currently in game.
  • Looks like each armor has 3 mod slots with 10 energy at max level. So either 2 4 cost mods and a 2 mod for a total of 10 or any combo to get close to or at 10 points.
  • Have to weigh what perks weapons have compared to how you want to play when it comes to socketing mods
  • Mods have to acquire mods b4 they can be used. Mods will drop from 3 different sources. Gunsmith on rotations / Gunsmith packages / World Engrams or other pinnacle engram sources, no guesswork on how to get mods.
  • Traction and other armor specific mods will still be in those specific pieces like boots and traction
  • Armor energy types and mods will be shown on hover over in the character UI
  • Universal armor ornaments are now a thing. Can equip what you want to your armor pieces.
  • Exotics looks cant be overwritten like purples can but everything else can
  • Can still use armor glows from Sol armor 2.0 pieces
  • Fusion rifle and linear fusion rifle have different mods now not all under fusion rifles.
  • Mobility / Resilience / Recovery / Discipline / Intellect / Strength are the stats on armor pieces now
  • Pressing down while in a piece of armor now brings up the appearance screen for that piece of armor
  • Still no shaders on exotic ornaments from what I can tell
  • Bottom tree void hunter got a buff, need to get screen caps. Good synergy between smoke bomb and grenade now. Smoke bomb resets grenade. Grenade tick damage from grenade regens smoke bomb.
  • Each piece of armor looks like it has at least 10 mods that can be used in it, haven't seen under 10 per piece. Some showing more than 10 that can be applied
  • Artifacts grant new mods over each season, will change in seasons.
  • Mods dismantle into mod components than you can turn into banshee
  • Ammo drops have glows now to show the working perks and an on screen buff to tell you
  • Everything will drop 2.0 versions after Oct 1 - even old content
  • Warlock auto aim buddy doesn't break camo from a hunter.
  • Classes are now shown next to character name in world.
  • Enemies glow yellow / orange when you can proc a finisher. Subtle but noticeable
  • WEAPONS OF LIGHT BUFF FROM DANCE DOME! CD when outside of dome

Many of you have asked us to elaborate on what we've referred to as "Armor 2.0."

We'll do just that – and we'll do it live!

Armor Customization Preview Livestream
Building a Better Monster Killing Machine

August 14, 2019 – 10AM Pacific
www.twitch.tv/bungie
www.youtube.com/bungie
www.mixer.com/bungie

Armor_Customization_Stream.gif

Tune in wherever you feel most at home to watch three developers from Bungie build their ideal Titan, Hunter, or Warlock. They'll apply Mods, Artifacts, and Ornaments to build their own version of the perfect monster killing machine. Then we'll test those builds in the new Sandbox.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
That's like 2 hours and 10 minutes from now. But I'm ready and waiting for it

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Super stoked for the stream and new armour update!

I hope they also update the game gfx, expecially the texture work.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
In-my-veins.gif

I really hope they focus more on the older armor first for the 2.0 system, rather than the current Forsaken/Annual Pass armor. I just wanna use the Armor of Rull on my Titan

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Will have to watch when I get home. How long is this supposed to be? If they even mentioned how long.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I really hope they make old endgame armor compatible with armor 2.0 , I want to wear my trials armor

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Can't wait. Really hope the system is as deep and intricate as it can be. They finally called Destiny an action MMO, so go as far as you can with it.

And most posts of the thread being "WTF are they thinking", I presume

As is the case in every Destiny thread unfortunately. You'd think people that don't like the game just wouldn't bother posting, but I guess they feel the need to continuously tell us how much they don't like the game.

I'm fucking hope they remove super mods from the game.

Just prohibit the use of them in PvP (I.E. lock them out in PvP). No need to get rid of them completely because there's nothing wrong with them in PvE.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This probably isn't all that related but transmog is also coming, right?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Ohhhh yeah let me build my warlock with a mod that lets me jump like a hunter or a Titan.

All jokes aside, I'm excited to see how deep this goes.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
It's fucking horrible for PvP and probably a mild annoyance in PvE

Well delete them from PvP then. I'm tired this trash mode constantly fucking up PvE supers. What's next? delete grenade mods because Handheld Nova/Contraverse shits on people, or delete paragon mods because invisible Hunters run rampant with their Erentils? Do y'all really want to go back to 5 min super cooldown and 3 min ability cooldown of Y1 PvE?

Last edited:

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
They should never have been in the game in the first place. The supers need to be brought to heel.

They're only a problem in PvP. Suggesting they completely remove them from the game because they're a problem in one side of the game is ludicrous. PvP isn't entitled to that anymore than PvE is. We already know Bungie can lock content, so they can easily just prohibit you from using those mods in PvP.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
They're only a problem in PvP. Suggesting they completely remove them from the game because they're a problem in one side of the game is ludicrous. We already know Bungie can lock content, so they can easily just prohibit you from using those mods in PvP.
In the state of the union yesterday Luke said super design is ruining the AI encounters in game. So you don't really experience the encounters as intended. For developers that's a problem and I get it.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
In the state of the union yesterday Luke said super design is ruining the AI encounters in game. So you don't really experience the encounters as intended. For developers that's a problem and I get it.

No, he said circumventing intended mechanics are a problem, which meant things like auto reloading. This led to them having to design an activity such as Reckoning because of that. The only Super that led to this is Well of Radiance, which is mostly because of auto reloading mechanics of Lunafactions. Super mods are not the problem there.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
He specifically named one super, with its unique combination with an exotic armor piece. And everyone's expecting it to get nerfed eventually.

Oct 28, 2017
Lunafaction really is detrimental to encounter design. I feel like some of the (Heroic) Menagerie boss encounters do some work to try and force you out of camping a well all day long, which is good, but nearly every other bit of content is just you sitting in one firing your best weapon at a boss until it dies, first phase.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Love the fact don't have to wear all mis matched shit like a space hobo, hope there aren't any hidden dumb ass loop holes to jump thru to mod your armor

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Lunafaction really is detrimental to encounter design. I feel like some of the (Heroic) Menagerie boss encounters do some work to try and force you out of camping a well all day long, which is good, but nearly every other bit of content is just you sitting in one firing your best weapon at a boss until it dies, first phase.

Nerf Luna's and people just drop a rally in the well. What needs to be done is better encounter designs. Stop making every boss an immobile target where you sit in one spot for DPS.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
He specifically named one super, with its unique combination with an exotic armor piece. And everyone's expecting it to get nerfed eventually.
Well yeah because never ending Nova Bombs, Shards of Gallenor and Tether have been put in check. Though I would say tether and that warlock chest piece returns a lot if not all your super depending on scenario.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah because never ending Nova Bombs, Shards of Gallenor and Tether have been put in check. Though I would say tether and that warlock chest piece returns a lot if not all your super depending on scenario.
Yeah no one uses Nova Bomb and BB in PvE anymore so I'd say good job? Top tree tether being a nil damage passive super that does worse job at boss debuff than Tractor/Melting point, it would be hilarious if they nerfed it further.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I'll just wait for Destiny 3.

I wanted to go back to D2 after couple of months break but I was bombarded by billion welcome screens and activities and I wasn't feeling like googling "what should I do now", lol. That's what you get for getting out of the MMO loop I guess.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Nerf Luna's and people just drop a rally in the well. What needs to be done is better encounter designs. Stop making every boss an immobile target where you sit in one spot for DPS.

Unfortunately, better designed boss fights are ways off, definitely not for next year I imagine. The only thing that can be done now is nerf the utilities we have now for reloading.

Honestly I think Calus was fine. Before luna boots, you didn't even need a titan, it was nice but he was never designed around automatically reloading. I really think leviathan was under rated.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Love the fact don't have to wear all mis matched shit like a space hobo, hope there aren't any hidden dumb ass loop holes to jump thru to mod your armor
Amen to that. Although I have to say it helps just to throw a matching shader set on your armor even if you don't have a set that matches. I've seen so many guardians who look insane with completely different colors on each piece and it never makes sense to me.