• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
The rest of the crew you ask? Oh, they're just hard at work on super exciting new content to put smiles on all your faces before the year is out...

Wait a tick...

Isn't it January 18th?

Edit: If they make me smile in 2018 I guess it will be a good thing.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sandbox loves you

This week at Bungie, the factions have returned.

There has been a lot of feedback on some of the changes made to Faction Rallies in Season 2. I'd like to take a moment to list some of the larger topics. There is an ongoing process at Bungie to assess how we want to change Destiny 2 in the weeks to come, and your voice is a crucial part of it.

There was an issue in the previous Faction Rallies where players were earning hundreds of Faction Tokens per hour without firing a single shot. In the recent December 12 update, Faction Token rewards were added to an existing system that was locking players out from Lost Sector Rewards. We have heard player feedback that this solution was too disruptive. We're looking at a change that won't make players feel forced to run to and from a single chest for hours while also not placing a hard stop on enjoying Lost Sectors. We want to ensure that every time you open a chest there is loot inside. We'll share more details on this before the next Faction Rallies.

The other question that players immediately asked when decrypting their Faction Engrams was: "Where are the new Season 2 weapons?" It was not made clear beforehand that the new Season 2 weapons would be added throughout the events of the Season rather than all at once in the beginning. This was on us. No excuses. You can read the full details with how the weapons will be rolled out here. We will be remedying this lapse in communication next week with details on what you should expect when the next Iron Banner rolls out in Season 2.

Faction Rallies closes out next week. Whichever faction you deem most worthy will be selling their weapon in the Tower as the first offering of Season 2.

Evolving

A lot of the feedback we have been receiving is centered on weapons and abilities. The feel of Destiny 2 and what makes a Guardian a Guardian. We're taking the feedback to heart and Sandbox Design Lead Josh Hamrick has some thoughts of what the Sandbox team has planned.

Josh Hamrick: Hi everybody! Sandbox here...
We just wanted to drop in for a moment to verify that we're already hard at work and making progress on various improvements Christopher Barrett outlined last week.

Additionally, I wanted to give you all better insight as to how the next several months are shaping up.
As with any plans, the first items on the list are the clearest and well defined. For most of these, we are already hard at work and making good progress on them. The Exotic pass is moving forward nicely with Jon Weisnewski at the helm. The team has also been talking about things we want to see in the next balance pass, coming to you in Season 3, for the last several weeks. Also, Grant MacKay has put together a really exciting plan for Mods 2.0 that will open their requirements up significantly allowing them to be more potent in ways that you'll end up feeling directly in your ability uptime and therefore total power output. The rest of the crew you ask? Oh, they're just hard at work on super exciting new content to put smiles on all your faces before the year is out... And that's just the beginning.

Items further down the list need more planning or more time to actually implement... Most need both. On top of that, some need groundwork that we will be laying with earlier changes. In all these cases though, the team is already discussing and planning for them in one way or another. As usual, we are excited to work on building something that you'll love and that feels great to play… Because Sandbox loves you.

2018 is shaping up to be a huge year for all of us and there is plenty of Sandbox improvements and changes coming your way. As we move closer to realizing all of the new efforts being made, we'll continue to show up here to share many more details about how it's all shaping up and how it will all work. We expect you to keep showing up and sharing your feedback and passion for the game.

Talk to you again soon,
- Hamrick

Error code: Beaver
An issue occurred on Wednesday, January 17, causing some players to encounter BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny 2 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
While this issue was quickly resolved, players were required to fully log out of Destiny 2 in order to circumvent the error impacting their ability to connect. If you are continuing to receive BEAVER error codes, please fully close the Destiny 2 game application.
If you continue to receive BEAVER errors, please post a report to the #Help forum.

Ikora Waypoint
Since the release of Curse of Osiris, we have been tracking an issue where players receive an errant waypoint over Ikora. A solution to the issue is currently being tested, and on track for the January 30 Update.

Until the issue is fully resolved, completing Meditations or Milestones to earn Vanguard Research tokens can temporarily remove the waypoint from Ikora.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I hate to sound so negative, but every time Bungie makes a post like this it makes me want to play now even less. I just feel like progress I make today won't help with the additions they add later.
I feel the same way. Every time I see a post or story like this, I feel like shit for having spent my tokens or cashed in mod components or burned parts in hopes of getting a Masterwork. Would be nice if any changes were retroactive for items already acquired. I worked really hard for the items I have.

What is the best masterwork perk?
- I prefer MAGAZINE on hand cannons. Because of their damage output, that extra bullet can mean the difference between a won and a lost fight
- I tend to prefer more RANGE on Scouts lacking range.
- I tend to prefer more MAGAZINE on Scouts that have good range already.
- I prefer RANGE on just about every other kinetic or energy weapon type. I find stability and handling unnoticeable, and magazine only ads a few bullets which are very inconsequential any other class. Reload speed is just too slight. The recurring theme of the ones that I don't like.

I'm pretty sure Stability and Handling are only a fraction of the value that the armor mod equivalents do. If they buff them, they could become preferable in some cases. But right now? Pass on them, IMO.

I don't have enough variety in my power masterworks to have an opinion on how the perks affect those weapon types.

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
Main thing I get from that Sandbox update is that the pace of improvements is not going to change. They have their process, they're following it, and they'll continue to make needed changes to the sandbox around their schedule, and not a moment sooner than that.

Make of that what you will, but I don't feel much urgency coming from them.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Main thing I get from that Sandbox update is that the pace of improvements is not going to change. They have their process, they're following it, and they'll continue to make needed changes to the sandbox around their schedule, and not a moment sooner than that.

In some regards, I get that. Their tools are shit. I think I remember hearing it takes almost a day to move/place a rock with their current implementation. Not making excuses, mind, because it's been how many years since Reach and they're still using those same tools? I really don't think it's fair to say they aren't feeling any urgency, either. They're working on mods that will impact gameplay, masterworks armor, going over exotic weapons balance as well as other weapons and abilities, etc.

Is it as quick as the community should like it to be? No, it would seem not. But I don't think it's fair to say they aren't in panic mode now.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
So when are we going to start learning more about the Traveler? One of my criticisms towards Destiny 1 is that the Traveler itself wasn't too relevant to the story. It mostly served as a piece of marketing, an iconic image like the Halo Ring or Zelda Triforce. But now that it has awoken, that has to mean something. I never get the sense from the games that any of the characters actually care to to know what it is. I mean you can look right to the inside. I would think that the characters would be making more of an effort to actually learn more. I don't want to wait till Destiny 3. But I fear that we will have to and that any expansions or DLC will be self-contained stories that do little to push the overall plot forward.

Magik

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know him personally and can't judge him there, but his style of writing is over wrought yet offers jack shit in regards to substance. It's beyond irritating.

He's always been like this and it is so frustrating. He will right paragraphs upon paragraphs that could easily be summed up into a few sentences which is such a waste of the readers time.

As for the TWAB and MOD 2.0 tweet... just a waste of text with very little substance.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Not enough hunters. I am the only non Hunter. Screw you scrubs.

gGvhfc7.jpg

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
This is the time for Bungie to be a bit more open and flashy(the only word I can think of). This weekly shit full of words isn't working. Get your 3 community guys to start taking pics and snaps. Go on IG live. Show us around the building. Show us hints of progress. Daily. They're in this comfort bubble that needs to be popped.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Guys reading TWAB was absolutely infuriating. They are going to take a year to roll back and correct every mistake they made. This game is done.

It's so disheartening. They managed to say absolutely nothing in 300 words. Really disappointed. Almost every decision Bungie made was wrong, almost every single decision. They continue to give us lip service.

They don't even understand what their fan base wants, and honestly I don't think a lot of us care anymore

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
A TWAB that said almost literally nothing of value. Their communication remains utterly abysmal. The sandbox section was a huge number of words to say absolutely nothing at all.

He's back from his paternity leave. He wrote plenty of TWAB in the past before he was on leave the last couple months.

I'm just pointing out that people are criticizing the writing style of the TWAB and talking about how they don't like how DeeJ writes, but DeeJ didn't write it.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm just pointing out that people are criticizing the writing style of the TWAB and talking about how they don't like how DeeJ writes, but DeeJ didn't write it.
Oh I understand now.

Guys reading TWAB was absolutely infuriating. They are going to take. Year to roll back and correct every mistake they made.

It's so disheartening. They managed to say absolutely nothing in 300 words. Really disappointed.
If you got that out of the sandbox update you got more out of it than me. It felt like they said absolutely nothing other than telling us who is working on what area (which is great but why would we care ?) since there were no details on the goals for the next season's balancing we have no way of knowing that they are even going to "roll back and correct every mistake".

Ultimately in s3 we will just have to see what changes I guess... I assume they themselves don't know what they are going to do and that's why we got that vague message from the sandbox team (even Chris barrett's Tweet saying snipers would be returned to "glory" by the sandbox team is more informative)

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know him personally and can't judge him there, but his style of writing is over wrought yet offers jack shit in regards to substance. It's beyond irritating.
Agreed. When your company is under fire for cloak and dagger shenanigans and the CM is at the forefront writing fucking sonnets instead of giving us the low down, it really kills that person's likability.

OP
OP
JohnOfMars

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
One more. This one felt good because it was against some try hard stacked team of 4 running Antiope/Positive Outlook/Colony and mostly Nightstalkers:

Oct 26, 2017
So I've finally uninstalled the game. As someone who defended the game a decent amount over the past couple months it just isn't worth it anymore. This Faction Rally has been yet another mess up. I've had a great time with the game, but there is no point in playing until the next DLC drops (Because I already own it technically). With it, hopefully there will be a decent amount of overall updates to the game. Bungie has pretty much lost all the good will they had after The Taken King. I'll be happy to play a big expansion this fall that fixes a lot of stuff, but it's just history repeating itself. Plus, at this rate, I don't even know if the game will be "fixed" when that launches.

I hope to be back in spring with more positive thoughts.

OP
OP
JohnOfMars

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
So I've finally uninstalled the game. ... I've had a great time with the game,...all the good will they had after The Taken King. I'll be happy to play a big expansion this fall...

I hope to be back in spring ....

Coincidentally, ever since Taken King, Bungie's stance is that they're okay with people taking a break. They just want you to enjoy the time you have with the game and to leave happy. We'll still be here for Expansion 2 and this fall. Enjoy your break!

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Coincidentally, ever since Taken King, Bungie's stance is that they're okay with people taking a break. They just want you to enjoy the time you have with the game and to leave happy. We'll still be here for Expansion 2 and this fall. Enjoy your break!

The only difference is people aren't leaving very happy :/

I've still got a lot of raiding stuff to do really, but if it weren't for that...I'd be really meh.

I am kind of encouraged by how they have talked about DLC 2, so I'm actually cautiously optimistic about it.

You know which one won't (ever).

Yes you do.

Maybe if they wouldn't get shafted each time given how they look.

It was obvious to anyone that what with those ornaments with actual, like, effort put into them, and a much better looking shader than last time (imo), of course New Monarchy would win.

Like, aesthetically I have always liked NM the least. So when I'm all like, yeah they look the best pretty, I mean, that's pretty telling.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
But i was told all the subclasses are totally balanced...

But then, 7 nightstalkers huh... Feels oddly familiar.

They are. Maps, weapons and gear really help elevate them. If you aren't factoring in those, by themselves it's pretty balanced. I say more balanced than D1. Warlocks and Titans have things to help them out so I wouldn't call it something like a 10 - 0 match up. It's more like 6 - 4 and that depends on the map.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Agreed. When your company is under fire for cloak and dagger shenanigans and the CM is at the forefront writing fucking sonnets instead of giving us the low down, it really kills that person's likability.

Dude thinks he's motherfuckin James Joyce with his stream of consciousness shenanigans. Just keep it simple stupid and give us the scoop. Fuck.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Taking an extended break from this game. Won't be back until Crimson because there's nothing I want from Faction Rallies. I'll only log in for Xur if he has something I want later today.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Bungie's attitude towards players is just so bizarre. "Ah, it's okay, they'll come back. It's alright if people are done with the game for now".

In a way it's so presumptuous and arrogant, yet naive and stupid in that they assume people WILL come back. Let's face it, some don't. It's not like 100% of the players from the previous content drop or major update come back every time. To some degree, I think Bungie is well aware of that. But their messaging towards us and the rate at which they produce content and updates, gives off the impression they're not too concerned about the state of the game. Over time, fewer and fewer people return. That is quite literally the very definition of diminishing returns.

Bottom line is that I don't see any sense of urgency. I don't see a visible drive or sense of "we need to do better". They seem to rest on their laurels and have their heads in the clouds, that everything will magically work itself out. They think players will inevitably forget, stop being angry and show up when something new is available. But consumers will only forgive and tolerate so much. Eventually they'll say "fuck it" and never come back. And that's where a lot of people are.

Bungie should be terrified and shitting themselves. I guess I'm just over the litany of mistakes and miscalculations. At this point they really should be on their knees begging for forgiveness. I'm say this, again, because it's just their lack of haste and sense of hustle, comes off as not having full understanding of accountability and how much serious shit they're in. The fact they think things will be okay isn't okay. They need to do better and there needs to be noticeable change soon.

Effectively telling us, "See ya in September" isn't acceptable. Not again. We've been down this road before. There's absolutely no excuse why we should even be having this discussion, yet again. Game development might be hard, but it doesn't have to be this fucked up either. Nothing shows me they've learned from their mistakes or grasp what's at stake here. This is precisely what garners such harsh criticism and remarks about them not caring.

They need to show and prove. Fast. The clock has been ticking far too long. Time's up.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Love too demand the devs be groveling in fear covered in their own shit.

I love how you cherry pick that particular line and take it out of context AND take it literally. How fucking obtuse are you? You do nothing but make excuses and kiss their asses. Let's be REAL John. I don't give a fuck anymore. I ain't sugar coating shit.

I'm not talking about the junior artist or mid level engineer. Those aren't the people making decisions. They're just doing their jobs. I'm talking about those in positions of authority. Those with pull. Those who can make things happen.

They should be afraid. Afraid of ruining the game and company's reputation. That shouldn't be hard to understand.