• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a final IB the week before the DLC drops

This, my friend, I did not know. Thanks for the heads up, maybe I can get enough grenade/melee kills together.

Fingers crossed.

TOP OF THE PAGE EDIT --

tumblr_nv5bvjp8J71qzh2aio2_500.gif

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I spent many grinds just the same in Camelot and other mmos, that should season you for something like this.

You'll get it the next time it comes around and ultimately it won't be that huge of a grind.

That's rng, I got my DFA in 6 NFs... But I didn't get the sniper, it's how the cookie crumbles.
I haven't gotten any of the drops for any nightfall. and if i did get any of them, I probably wouldn't use any of them aside from the sparrow, so it wouldn't feel very rewarding to get them
and i've had multiple instances where an item that I do want takes so long to get, I get it and don't feel any satisfaction. it doesn't give a sense of enjoyment or reward, just that it was a waste of time that depends on luck, as others get it in one run as opposed to months

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I haven't gotten any of the drops for any nightfall. and if i did get any of them, I probably wouldn't use any of them aside from the sparrow, so it wouldn't feel very rewarding to get them
and i've had multiple instances where an item that I do want takes so long to get, I get it and don't feel any satisfaction. it doesn't give a sense of enjoyment or reward, just that it was a waste of time that depends on luck, as others get it in one run as opposed to months

Well ultimately its a sparrow, not anything that exciting and or anything that I feel is worth a 12 hour grind.. Sure a few runs here and there but I don't really think I could motivate myself to grind 12 hours for a sparrow

Oct 27, 2017
If we do get a new PvE Horde-type mode in Warmind I hope it is a dedicated mode with matchmaking instead of something similar to Court of Oryx/Archon's Forge (although each destination in Destiny should have something like this) or a quasi-Public Event.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Real Doom 2016 vibes from this new zone. I guess they could do worse than taking inspiration from that.

EDIT: Well guess they're just showing spoilers so I'm out for a bit.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I remember when Destiny official reveals brought in hundreds of thousands of viewers on Twitch. Now they're barely hitting 100k.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I'll come back to give this new event a try since I already got the season pass, but man, I hope their September drop is amazing. Bringing back what is basically Court of Oryx and Crota's sword isn't exactly mind blowing.

Also, they just showed the emote wheel, so thats in.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
kind surprised 100k viewers for this

I think a lot of people pre-bought the season pass (like myself) and are desperate for anything positive since we already own the coming content. I haven't played in months, but was really hoping to see something that will bring me back for more then a week. The new event isn't amazing, but since its linked to unique armor, I could see myself grinding it out on reset day once a week.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
OMG, literally the #2 improvement to this game that I have repeatedly mentioned here that it really needed...a public event with automatic escalation of difficulty. Thank you Bungie for acknowledging us PvE care bears LOL

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Skyburners gets tracking rounds in hipfire and explosive rounds for both AS and hipfire.
Hardlight gets selectable element by holding reload and double damage on ricochets
Fighting Lion does more splash / less direct
Graviton Lance is a 2-burst kill in pvp
Crimson gets approx 400 ammo and some tweaks to make its TTK match an aggressive hand cannon
Sturm and Drang - Sturm is a 2 shot kill when buffed by Drang

Last edited:

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Horde mode (POE) was great. Court of Oryx and then the one they added in the final D1 release were fun for all of an hour. The reaction to this from Goth earlier is understandable now. No real changes coming until at least Sept.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Havent been paying attention to this game for a long time lol. Was there an event today that had footage for the new DLC? I saw the super quick trailer that came out yesterday, was there anything new today?

Dez_

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the activity was on Discord. Stream was fine. I'm totally down for more Destiny. It didn't wow me, but like most people that went to the summit, the real big thing to look forward to is in September.

Now... back to God of War.