• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
OK, question time.

I stopped playing this right around the time the first expansion came out. Never bought it. I was getting bored with having to do nothing but run the raid over and over for POSSIBLE upgrades to my loot.

Has this changed? Can you get good stuff from Strikes or quests? Any info on the Trials stuff? I kind of just want to know if there's a good resource of info on what's changed and what to expect if I decided to buy the expansion and dive back in as they prepare for new stuff.

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017
OK, question time.

I stopped playing this right around the time the first expansion came out. Never bought it. I was getting bored with having to do nothing but run the raid over and over for POSSIBLE upgrades to my loot.

Has this changed? Can you get good stuff from Strikes or quests? Any info on the Trials stuff? I kind of just want to know if there's a good resource of info on what's changed and what to expect if I decided to buy the expansion and dive back in as they prepare for new stuff.

Besides the new campaign the dlc added a new raid lair(smaller 6 person raid that takes less time) and a variety of weapon forge quests where you grind out strikes, PEs, and crucible for mats. They also added in an exclusive drop for each NF to grind for.

The new dlc is adding a horde mode event which has rotating weekly drops for each boss and they are adding ranks to competitive crucible with a gun stuck on one of the higher tiers if pvp is your thing.

Jumping in now is a good idea because clearing the new campaign and getting up to the new light cap will keep you very busy until the new dlc drops.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OK, question time.

Not better gear, just similar gear that looks different. Hopefully that changes in September.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
pFPzNoVQlhBnzeOAk4f7aSshMj9Y75zNPBU1Fnx9gW0.jpg

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but be amused at all the players raging about this one gun. This single weapon that will be unobtainable to you. Come the hell on. I won't get it either, and that's okay.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I can't help but be amused at all the players raging about this one gun. This single weapon that will be unobtainable to you. Come the hell on. I won't get it either, and that's okay.

In a great player's hands the new perk on it will make them a monster. If you reload after a kill, it allows the gun to shoot at the maximum fire rate for Pulse rifles, without losing damage.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
In a great player's hands the new perk on it will make them a monster. If you reload after a kill, it allows the gun to shoot at the maximum fire rate for Pulse rifles, without losing damage.

So it just makes it a legendary that can compete with exotics in the time to kill department

It wont be unbeatable. Lots of guns will be ridiculous in the expansion

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So it just makes it a legendary that can compete with exotics in the time to kill department

It wont be unbeatable. Lots of guns will be ridiculous in the expansion

A Legendary that performs as well as a good Exotic free's up another slot for an Exotic.

As for lots of guns being rediculous... that's a wait and see situation. I don't think folks should be "raging" over it but I also don't think there's anything worth raging over in general in D2. People having concerns is perfectly natural though.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Having guns that are too powerful is definitely an upgrade from the past 8 months where everything was nerfed to fucking hell and back. How about giving us back the ability to have more than one rocket in the tube and the ability to track an enemy with it.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Ultimately I don't think it really matters how easy or difficult the loot is to acquire when it's boring.

This might be the most relevant post that speaks to me. I hate Destiny 2 in almost every way compared to 1. It breaks my heart.

If anyone who has any influence at Bungie visits this website

Console FOV is the absolute worst , it effects my enjoyment completely. It make my eyes strain, and I feel discombobulated.

Oct 27, 2017
This might be the most relevant post that speaks to me. I hate Destiny 2 in almost every way compared to 1. It breaks my heart.

If anyone who has any influence at Bungie visits this website

Console FOV is the absolute worst , it effects my enjoyment completely. It make my eyes strain, and I feel discombobulated.

You'll never see an improvement concerning FOV even if there was some performance headroom with the Pro and X due to the idea of competitive balance in PvP. It's just not going to happen.

I've played at super ultra-wide resolutions (3840x1440, etc) with max FOV on PC and it's just absurd in how much faster the game feels combined with 60+ FPS. Seeing your character in the Tower with these settings in third-person is a strange experience as well (so small in the middle with such a wide view). It's simply a sublime experience visually and gameplay wise.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46768

Last edited:

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Look. If I don't get Redrix's Claymore within the first week, I'm going to be pissed. I paid for this game and I should be able to earn every weapon and armor piece without having to play PvP. I'm going to be looking into getting a refund if this is the case.

Also, I don't know why things are so easy to get in this game. I wish some items were harder to get and really expanded the grind in the game. I don't want to be given everything so easily; make me struggle for it. If they continue to give out gear like candy, then I won't be playing for much longer. I might even begin looking for a refund. I paid money for this game and I expect to get my money out of it.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
You'll never see an improvement concerning FOV even if there was some performance headroom with the Pro and X due to the idea of competitive balance in PvP. It's just not going to happen.

I've played at super ultra-wide resolutions (3840x1440, etc) with max FOV on PC and it's just absurd in how much faster the game feels combined with 60+ FPS. Seeing your character in the Tower with these settings in third-person is a strange experience as well (so small in the middle with such a wide view). It's simply a sublime experience visually and gameplay wise.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46768

I just want D1 levels of FOV, its jarring how pulled in it is in D2, I really lose my sense of direction it heated moments.

Why can Bf1 have a fully customizable FOV?

Last edited:

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 Warmind OT: 6 Hours A Day, Every Day

We Came For the Loot and Stayed For Glory

Lover of the Martian Queen

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Only Playing for the Friendgame
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| I have to grind for what?
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| You want what weapon?
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Grind bitches
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| I used to love her.....
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Party up
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Leviathan is like onions
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| My subtitles suck less than your Warmind

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Haha I used to love her, but had I had to kill her

Us oldies know that shit, lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh, in other news, I have a new clan spot to open up if anyone needs to drop off their old dead clan and join a good one finally.

Just remember, once S3 starts, your ass is mine for 6 weeks until we max clan XP.

That is all; ping me here or on Discord to get an invite.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Only Playing for the Friendgame
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| I have to grind for what?
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| You want what weapon?
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Grind bitches
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| I used to love her.....
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Party up
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Leviathan is like onions
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| My subtitles suck less than your Warmind
Destiny 2 |OT| Nevermind

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
There's a marked distinction between hard to obtain loot and loot that's built on bad design. The Pulse Rifle isn't hard to obtain at all.

Throughout Destiny 1 and 2 almost every milestone or bounty that required victories has been reworked. That style of design promoted bad gameplay. Trials of Osiris is a special case. That requires both teams to be pre-formed. Dumping the victory requirement into matchmaking (again) is questionable. Hopefully they are really aggressive with tweaking the matchmaking formula because the glacial balance pacing for everything else means monotonous pub-stomping will be the best way to go well into year 3.

Regrettably it's the same design as the current Nightfall reward system. Grinding fast runs on normal or minimal prestige makes more sense than actually engaging with challenging -45 content. Again not hard just effortless time consuming content.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Players in Fireteams have a substantial advantage, particularly as average skill increases. In the current Crucible, solo players at virtually all skill levels win fewer than half of their games.

oh really, i never would have guessed this.

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017
Regrettably it's the same design as the current Nightfall reward system. Grinding fast runs on normal or minimal prestige makes more sense than actually engaging with challenging -45 content. Again not hard just effortless time consuming content.

How would you feel if they added loot that was locked out of the pool unless you were doing prestige with a high modifier?

My initial take on the new NF system was very positive but I am starting to lean towards your pov where the whole thing has been devalued and relegated to a speed run until you get a drop. They really need to add back the modifiers they took away and give some incentive for actually engaging with them.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Loving some of these OT subtitles. :)

How would you feel if they added loot that was locked out of the pool unless you were doing prestige with a high modifier?

My initial take on the new NF system was very positive but I am starting to lean towards your pov where the whole thing has been devalued and relegated to a speed run until you get a drop. They really need to add back the modifiers they took away and give some incentive for actually engaging with them.
I actually feel like I liked the system better when emblem drops were the only reward, once they released the weapons it feels like the community no longer recognizes much connection between higher scores and the drop percent chance (with the emblems it did feel much stronger), which means people want to speedrun normal NF rather than do prestige.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I managed to get a week off (paid) for the week Warmind drops. Ready to grind and bum the fuck out come May 8th.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I vote on the Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Nevermind
I wanted to give the suggestion of Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Ra-Ra-Rasputin but it's not as funny

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I will play Escalation Protocol just to get the complete Titan armor set. Sexy af.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Destiny 2: Warmind |OT| That escalated quickly
Destiny 2: Warmind |OT| Mind the grind
Destiny 2: Warmind |OT| Can't make up our mind
Destiny 2: Warmind |OT| Mindfulness seminar 2018

Locking shit into the Competitive playlist is bad for me. I will never earn that because Competitive is the internet equivalent of a colostomy bag.

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| GET YOUR ASS TO MARS
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Came for the Exotic locations, stayed for the Legendary events.
Destiny 2 Warmind |OT| Summer of Glory

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Wishful thinking (of course it won't happen):

Anyone who bought any non- standard edition of Destiny 2, the season pass or bought both CoO and Warmind separately, prior to X date, should get season 4's content drop for free, as an act of good will.

Oct 27, 2017
^I bought the Deluxe (or whatever) Editions for both Xbox and PC, what do I get?

On a serious note, I'm not that disappointed with the game to think I should get a major expansion for free.

Edit: Don't mind me I read that wrong, still I don't expect any kind of content for free as good will of any sort.

-------------------------------------

Destiny 2: Warmind |OT| The last one until the Return to Glory (D1)

Last edited: