• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
For me, the biggest mistake that was made with Destiny is the fact they decided to make a sequel. Perhaps that was Activision's fault, but Bungie is paying the price.

Destiny 1 was absolutely amazing. The locales, the skyboxes, the tower, the mystery, it was all so grandiose. Throwing all of that away by means of creating a sequel to a game that was supposed to be a 10-year journey, feels like the biggest waste in gaming history.

I put over 300 hours into D1. I refunded D2 after 10 or so hours. It was an extreme disappointment. The only thing that would bring me back at this point is if the no time to explain chick somehow warped all of the armors, weapons, maps, game modes, etc back over to the second game. Let's do that.
Ok, what does this have to do with the thread though.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
But all the rewards available for silver usually rotate for bright dust (With a few exceptions like the Thornament)

actually it worked to get me cause i bought a thunderlord ornament with silver, knowing that it would not ever be available for BD. i didn't like the whisper ornaments anyway so i wouldn't have bought them regardless.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Nerf, nerf nerf nerf. Its all the same. At some point you take all the fun out of everything. I'm never coming back to this game. Ill always hold onto the great times I had with the first.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
They've always been much better about talking about what they want to do than delivering. Maybe that will change now. Hopes set low.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so it's not surprising that they're doing a PR spin a month-and-a-half before a big expansion launch and basically a whole new relaunch of the game. They've been doing this every year, they've done this all before it's just a different person saying at this time. Please understand.....
Yes they've made sizable improvements to the game and it is very good right now but they have to keep continuing.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
The best thing about this Activision split seems to be Bungie's ability to reveal more behind the scenes glimpses at their design process. I love it!

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so it's not surprising that they're doing a PR spin a month-and-a-half before a big expansion launch and basically a whole new relaunch of the game. They've been doing this every year, they've done this all before it's just a different person saying at this time. Please understand.....
Yes they've made sizable improvements to the game and it is very good right now but they have to keep continuing.

They've written a 20 page state of the game before? Link me!

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
pls keep those galaxy brain takes coming cause it seems we're not here to discuss the damn article otherwise lmaooo.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I know this article is about Destiny 2's past and upcoming release but let me be sure to tell everyone I refunded Destiny 2 back in 2017 after only playing for a few hours. Just thought I'd get it off my chest for reasons.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nerf, nerf nerf nerf. Its all the same. At some point you take all the fun out of everything. I'm never coming back to this game. Ill always hold onto the great times I had with the first.
Yq03wUQ.gif

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
How is it with every Destiny thread/major Destiny news we get people acting like they just discovered this GaaS game has microtransactions in it?

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
They've written a 20 page state of the game before? Link me!
It's the usual destiny hate as usual, nothing surprising here. Now we're hating on the developers for sharing their thoughts and experiences with us? I understand that destiny has had it's own large share of issues buy come the fuck on.

At least we're getting more insite into why things are the way they are and what they plan on at least attempting to do with it. Why just shit on these people for trying their best to communicate and give us some feedback?

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
Sounds like too many mistakes with D2 at this point for the game to really feel any sense of balance. You can't really nerf warlocks well, as pretty much all of year 2 was balanced around it, quite literally. Hell, the well makes year 1 content a joke. Unless year 3 content is designed to be a lot more mobile, it's going to be the same.

EDIT: I like the news about scouts being buffed. I was big into scouts in year one.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
How is it with every Destiny thread/major Destiny news we get people acting like they just discovered this GaaS game has microtransactions in it?
Nail on the head my friend. "more eververse in shadowkeep so I'm done with the game forever". As if this isn't well known at this point. They're an independent studio now, even if this kind of stuff wasn't laid out for us in text it should be expected, shit costs money to make.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
zzzzz

It's not fun and too easy to one phase every raid boss which is meant to be the hardest PVE activity. Game is way too easy. Stuff can be nerfed, and game can still be fun.

Just last night, group and I ran Scourge of the Past boss x3 in 45 min casually. Game needs severe balancing and nerfs across the board

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
zzzzz

It's not fun and too easy to one phase every raid boss which is meant to be the hardest PVE activity. Game is way too easy. Stuff can be nerfed, and game can still be fun.
Exactly, as much as I love my well of radiance I can accept that it's an end all be all solution for almost any problem, which isn't a good thing. I want to be challenged, not shackeled to a certain subclass because it's one of the only viable options for boss encounters.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
......I can't

0g7dhymzin421.gif

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally agree with this sentiment. I had good times with the game but I can't go back. Their answer to everything is to nerf it in to the ground. Ikelos shotgun nerf was so unnecessary.

In relation to the document, good on them for being transparent and open with the fanbase.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Totally agree with this sentiment. I had good times with the game but I can't go back. Their answer to everything is to nerf it in to the ground. Ikelos shotgun nerf was so unnecessary.

In relation to the document, good on them for being transparent and open with the fanbase.

They talk a lot though. It ends up being a cluster in practice.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ah yes, because breaking every PVE endgame activity with a singular gun / meta resulting in making it laughably super easy is "fun".

Loooooooool, oof

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
On topic I'm glad to see they recognize that Season of the Drifter was too focused and didn't add much to the game in terms of new/enjoyable content.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
As for the nerfs, I'm fine with them. I actually agree with the slayer rage vid linked in wall of text provided by luke. It's getting to the point to where we are so powerful that the only option for bungie is to provide more ridiculous, tiresome, mechanic heavy driven content to be the norm. Not only that, while do a masochistic version of double dare, they are throwing 100's of thrall at you that can 2 shot you,,for starters! Not to mention, the crazy amount of 1 shot enemies that are surrounding you. Oh, but I haven't gotten to the yellow bars, and the challenging enemies! And we are STILL cake walking through this shit.

Through all of that, we expect more power, and better yet, better and more powerful exotic and legendary weapons and armor next season...just for them to up the mechanic and mob count even more. It'll get to the point where we will have to manage 6 wipe mechanics simultaneously just to challenge us, because the enemies, despite facing 10,000 on the screen at once, aren't a threat...just a nuisance to keep up from wiping from damned wiping mechanics.

Kind of a rant, but yea, I'm all for nerfs if they make sense.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nice inside information on how they approached the annual pass content and their acknowledgement of some mistakes, but I'm ultimately looking forward to the PVP side of things.

Also, I'm just going to throw this out there. If you haven't played D2 since Y1, no one gives a shit about your opinion at this point. It's outdated. It's irrelevant. Everything you think is irrelevant. Just wanted to say that because someone ought to help you out there.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, because breaking every PVE endgame activity with a singular gun / meta resulting in making it laughably super easy is "fun".

Loooooooool, oof

The flipside of this, and what concerns me with the obvious impending nerfs to Well is that content shouldnt be as challenging the 50th or 100th time we do it as it is the first, as that is tedious. (Reckoning is a good example of this)

They really need to do a better job of having our power level actually mean something as opposed to just being an arbitrary gate for new stuff. Let us out-level stuff and stomp it, that's enjoyable in a game where you're grinding shit out ad nauseam

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was disjointed in some ways or I totally missed his point. Like, I agree with him that the menagerie is awesome and fun! I'm glad they agree too, but then he vaguely made a point that they aren't realizing the popularity of these activities until the content is released... So I'm guessing that means we won't be getting a new version right away? Kinda shitty since many people have been asking for a matchmaking activity like that since D1.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was disjointed in some ways or I totally missed his point. Like, I agree with him that the menagerie is awesome and fun! I'm glad they agree too, but then he vaguely made a point that they aren't realizing the popularity of these activities until the content is released... So I'm guessing that means we won't be getting a new version right away? Kinda shitty since many people have been asking for a matchmaking activity like that since D1.

Yeah it definitely came across that way. It definitely sounded like "we are so used to getting it wrong we're not prepared to embrace it when we get it right" which makes me think they should work on trying to not get it wrong in the first place.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The flipside of this, and what concerns me with the obvious impending nerfs to Well is that content shouldnt be as challenging the 50th or 100th time we do it as it is the first, as that is tedious. (Reckoning is a good example of this)

They really need to do a better job of having our power level actually mean something as opposed to just being an arbitrary gate for new stuff. Let us out-level stuff and stomp it, that's enjoyable in a game where you're grinding shit out ad nauseam
That's exactly the action vs RPG element he discussed and I came away from the article with no clear understanding where they stand on the issue. It sounds like you agree with me that it should more heavily weight towards the RPG element than it does right now. However, I can see the other perspective too. Would be nice to know where they stand lol

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I think you kind of misjudged what he was saying.

He was saying the content pipeline works as such that they are working on the next thing already when they release the current thing. So they can't take their learnings and put them immediately forward because of that cycle. And no matter how much you test something internally, you can never be sure about what the feedback will be when you put it out to the wider community.

mikeeb13

Dec 6, 2017
A wild amount of salt in this thread given the topic. The state of the game may not be everything everyone wants at once, but you can tell they're putting their backs into it and listening to feedback. This level of transparency is pretty rare in the gaming industry.

Great article and looking forward to the future of the game!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
lol wut kind of post is this
Thats why I make em . It brings out the stupidity in people and its always a good time to read those comments
I post about a game I enjoy; reading shitposters comments are entertaining as hell

I've never seen people so triggered by a video game when it comes to Destiny threads
If someone didn't know any better (or if they did, really), they'd think you're the one getting agitated when people post bad things about one of your favorite games, lol. All that poster said was that he doesn't wanna play the game unless there's nothing else.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to nerf well then they should buff dawnblade. It doesnt last enough time.
Same with the void warp super.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think you kind of misjudged what he was saying.

He was saying the content pipeline works as such that they are working on the next thing already when they release the current thing. So they can't take their learnings and put them immediately forward because of that cycle. And no matter how much you test something internally, you can never be sure about what the feedback will be when you put it out to the wider community.
Totally fair and it makes sense. Looking forward to reading the next two when they drop.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
If someone didn't know any better (or if they did, really), they'd think you're the one getting agitated when people post bad things about one of your favorite games, lol. All that poster said was that he doesn't wanna play the game unless there's nothing else.

All that poster said was he doesn't want to play the game unless they remove powerful gear or eververse... which is extremely weird to say cause neither makes sense to remove.

Also agitated? Not really. It honestly deserved only one response.. but i fell for the bait and replied multiple times... kind of like when you made that post about d1 cosmetics transferring to d2

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they're going to nerf well then they should buff dawnblade. It doesnt last enough time.
Same with the void warp super.

Daybreak is like one of the longest lasting supers in the game, especially in PVE. Even after they balanced it a bit to give it diminishing returns because it was lasting too long. You ain't gonna be getting a buff.

Nova warp is also in a perfectly fine area. Useless in PVE, but that pertains to a greater issue between Bungo's lack of the ability to balance PVE and PVP differently. But I don't know the ins and outs of what that entails for the dev in order to do it proper.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know this article is about Destiny 2's past and upcoming release but let me be sure to tell everyone I refunded Destiny 2 back in 2017 after only playing for a few hours. Just thought I'd get it off my chest for reasons.

Thank you so much, very insightful and helps me understand the game more and is 100% relevant to any topic regarding Destiny.

(Yes I know you're joking)

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Lol Well is the last powerful Forsaken super that they haven't nerfed into the ground yet, mainly because it wasn't that good in PvP. I was wondering when its day will come.