• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
Destiny and Halo threads are amazing

on topic, interesting read cant wait for part 2

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wouldn't mind them getting rid / reworking all the super altering exotics. So boring having to see the same few things all the time when the game isn't even hard without them.

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
Nerfs are fine but they need to work on other ways of making challenging content to avoid nerfing in the future. Playing at delta and boring modifiers isn't enough. The AI can be stupid acurate at times to where you can't dodge fast enough or soak up enough damage in order to get safe.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Wait so it's not surprising that they're doing a PR spin a month-and-a-half before a big expansion launch and basically a whole new relaunch of the game. They've been doing this every year
Meaty content drops also looking to evaluate the game and alter it to course correct based on the learnings of the past year, every year?

Sounds pretty damn good to me.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
They way people are allowed to blatantly troll and shitpost in Destiny threads is something special.
Expressing negative sentiment or a general lack of interest for reason A, reason B, reason C etc. isn't always shitposting, that's why. You'd think folks would understand that by now, instead of indirectly criticizing the moderation as you have in this post.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well of radiance doesn't need to be nerfed, it needs to be gutted. Have enemies actively target the sword, have damage pause the heal/overshield regen, warr-ig style lunafaction reloads, anything.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
zzzzz

It's not fun and too easy to one phase every raid boss which is meant to be the hardest PVE activity. Game is way too easy. Stuff can be nerfed, and game can still be fun.

Just last night, group and I ran Scourge of the Past boss x3 in 45 min casually. Game needs severe balancing and nerfs across the board
It definitely doesn't need nerfs across the board. That will make the game worst. It does need rebalancing but not just a full nerf.

Expressing negative sentiment or a general lack of interest for reason A, reason B, reason C etc. isn't always shitposting, that's why. You'd think folks would understand that by now, instead of indirectly criticizing the moderation as you have in this post.
your one of the biggest offenders of the shitposting.
You are literally one of the most well known offenders.
pretty much. It's pretty telling.

Doonski

Aug 22, 2018
Wait so it's not surprising that they're doing a PR spin a month-and-a-half before a big expansion launch and basically a whole new relaunch of the game. They've been doing this every year, they've done this all before it's just a different person saying at this time. Please understand.....
Yes they've made sizable improvements to the game and it is very good right now but they have to keep continuing.
Just so I understand. What you're saying is, the game is currently great, they've done a great job updating it, and each year they seem to put extra effort into communicating the state of the game and future updates? How is this a bad thing?

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
While they are nerfing well (witch I don't mind at all, makes everything to easy and I refuse to run it myself), can we get a big fuck off with black out especially in menagerie? Just kill that shit already.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
That you typically have to defend your posts not being shitposts in almost every single Destiny thread says it all.

Last edited:

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
You are literally one of the most well known offenders.
You didn't call me a shitposter this time, though. You called someone else one, and a troll as well. I guess you can keep doing that and see how it works out for you, but it's not going to stop people from holding disagreements about certain things in and around the game.
The fact you have to defend your posts not being shitposts every single thread says it all.
The fact that you had to remove me from your ignore list (or click to reveal my posts) just to get a jab in says even more.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You didn't call me a shitposter this time, though. You called someone else one, and a troll as well. I guess you can keep doing that and see how it works out for you, but it's not going to stop people from holding disagreements about certain things in and about the game.

The fact that you had to remove me from your ignore list (or click to reveal my posts) just to get a jab in says even more.
Yeah it says you continue to prove that you only want to shitposting about the game.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I don't see how Aurc is shitposting. Is being negative towards a game shitposting now?

If I criticize Destiny 2, is it shitposting? Is Destiny 2 like above all criticism? It's just untouchable?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it says you continue to prove that you only want to shitposting about the game.
I've always maintained that if you guys want a more positive atmosphere surrounding Destiny, it makes more sense (to me, at least) to simply use the OT. You won't find me posting in there anymore. These general threads, though? They attract all sorts. Lovers, haters, and everything in-between. I just think we need to all be aware of that, and attempt to discuss, argue, or even reconcile differences instead of throwing out shitposter or troll accusations all the time.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you fools continually try to counter the fact that we call out your shitposting and we explain every time it's fine to talk negatively about the game just screams that you're either trolling or just blatantly lack any reading comprehension to begin with.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like seeing this:
image0.png

Like I get it, MTX bad, but it's nice to see the result of them here is more good content.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
The fact that you fools continually try to counter the fact that we call out your shitposting and we explain every time it's fine to talk negatively about the game just screams that you're either trolling or just blatantly lack any reading comprehension to begin with.

If this is directed at me. Lol....

I don't like Destiny 2. This is like the first thread I've ever posted in for it.

Calling other users trolls or that they can't read is super insulting. Yikes. It's a video game.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how Aurc is shitposting. Is being negative towards a game shitposting now?

If I criticize Destiny 2, is it shitposting? Is Destiny 2 like above all criticism? It's just untouchable?

I mean; coming into a thread and simply posting "remove eververse" or "this state of the game is a PR spin" as displayed in this thread is not really criticism

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I've typed up damn near essays on what's wrong with the game, and from what I remember, you're not one of the people that generally makes any attempt at refuting my points, so... I dunno. Perhaps you lack reading comprehension, in some regards. Just ignore me or my posts if they bother you.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly it's the same in every single gaming side destiny thread.
I've typed up damn near essays on what's wrong with the game, and from what I remember, you're not one of the people that generally makes any attempt at refuting my points, so... I dunno. Perhaps you lack reading comprehension, in some regards. Just ignore me or my posts if they bother you.
we have refurted your points yet you come into each destiny thread with the same comments, It's pretty telling.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Daybreak is like one of the longest lasting supers in the game, especially in PVE. Even after they balanced it a bit to give it diminishing returns because it was lasting too long. You ain't gonna be getting a buff.

Nova warp is also in a perfectly fine area. Useless in PVE, but that pertains to a greater issue between Bungo's lack of the ability to balance PVE and PVP differently. But I don't know the ins and outs of what that entails for the dev in order to do it proper.
I feel like Titan supers last way longer.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

You need to realize that no one has an issue with dissenting opinions regarding Destiny. The issue is the disingenuous/bad faith takes that people trot in here put out. The same rehashed arguments from people who weren't playing/haven't played/don't plan on playing the game.

You know damn well Bungie isn't taking out Eververse and they haven't made any indication that that was even a possibility, so the fact that that poster tried to make it seem it was some sort of determining factor in their decision is nonsensical and people can see through that and rightfully call it out

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
To me eververse isn't even an issue anymore. I don't see the hate for it. They are an independent studio now and will need recurring income to keep content going. You think after shadowkeep comes out and sells that the entirety of destiny 2 year 3 should be free with 0 mtx. If you do, you are out of your mind.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
For me, the biggest mistake that was made with Destiny is the fact they decided to make a sequel. Perhaps that was Activision's fault, but Bungie is paying the price.

Destiny 1 was absolutely amazing. The locales, the skyboxes, the tower, the mystery, it was all so grandiose. Throwing all of that away by means of creating a sequel to a game that was supposed to be a 10-year journey, feels like the biggest waste in gaming history.

I put over 300 hours into D1. I refunded D2 after 10 or so hours. It was an extreme disappointment. The only thing that would bring me back at this point is if the no time to explain chick somehow warped all of the armors, weapons, maps, game modes, etc back over to the second game. Let's do that.

Um not sure if you only played Vanilla but Destiny has never been in a better spot than it is right now tbh.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
To me eververse isn't even an issue anymore. I don't see the hate for it. They are an independent studio now and will need recurring income to keep content going. You think after shadowkeep comes out and sells that the entirety of destiny 2 year 3 should be free with 0 mtx. If you do, you are out of your mind.
How dare you make total sense in a thread about Destiny? Who do you think you are?!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A wild amount of salt in this thread given the topic. The state of the game may not be everything everyone wants at once, but you can tell they're putting their backs into it and listening to feedback. This level of transparency is pretty rare in the gaming industry.

Great article and looking forward to the future of the game!
Its practically unheard of.

hank_tree

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Lol. Put the straw man away. Nobody is saying that the game should be free with no Mtx.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I actually feel like Eververse is in its worst place in awhile. The volume of items combined with the price, and the items not being in engrams, has been too much for anyone not stacking dust like Smaug. I'm willing to hold out to see what Shadowkeep brings but this season has turned me off of Tess a tad.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I put over 300 hours into D1. I refunded D2 after 10 or so hours. It was an extreme disappointment. The only thing that would bring me back at this point is if the no time to explain chick somehow warped all of the armors, weapons, maps, game modes, etc back over to the second game. Let's do that.
Your post is irrelevant. This is about the state of the game since Forsaken and the following year of content with the Annual Pass. You have zero frame of reference since you bailed after 10 hours in 2017, almost two years ago and you only posted this to feel edgy.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
That vanity item talk is worrisome.

So all the crazy drops for new gear will look like shit till we buy somthing off eververse and mod it? Sounds like some other mmo's I know ...

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I actually feel like Eververse is in its worst place in awhile. The volume of items combined with the price, and the items not being in engrams, has been too much for anyone not stacking dust like Smaug. I'm willing to hold out to see what Shadowkeep brings but this season has turned me off of Tess a tad.
I think it's because we're in this weird in between period exactly for the reasons you stated. In theory I think it's good to have things available for both bright dust and silver. I really dislike that it's on a rotation though. The engrams changing does gut things quite a bit and that I'm not happy about, but I'm waiting to specifically hear how bright dust is handled next update.

hank_tree

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You complain about the eververse even existing, then 2 pages later say "Nobody is saying that the game should be free with no Mtx. "

Are we dealing with memory loss here?

I don't like Eververse. I also never said the game should be free. What's your point, exactly?

Aug 12, 2019
I figure this is as good a place as any for this question, but is Destiny 2 worth getting into these days? I played the hell out of the first Destiny until The Taken King came out and most of my friend group didn't come with me to the next expansion (brilliant timing I know, I hate I never got to do the King's Fall or Wrath of the Machine raids because they looked so good despite doing most of the other stuff, but I was also just starting college so it was probably for the best). And I was downright out of the country when Destiny 2 released and I heard some very mixed things about the game when it launched.

How is it now, is it worth diving back into, and what should a potential new player keep in mind? (I own the free Destiny 2 PSN released some time ago, but I know that's not going to cut it... but don't even know the best upgrade route haha).