• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where did they say they are adding more "only silver items"?
As far as I'm concerned with his direct reference to the whisper mission and that starting off the silver only packs. It seems a safe bet. I can almost guarantee we see more of that. I'm happy with what the current balance is right now. But he's saying they're going to seperate it even further. This is pretty freaking far from a F2P title, hey the model keeps getting closer even being divorced from Activision.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I'm concerned with his direct reference to the whisper mission and that starting off the silver only packs. It seems a safe bet. I can almost guarantee we see more of that. I'm happy with what the current balance is right now. But he's saying they're going to seperate it even further. This is pretty freaking far from a F2P title, hey the model keeps getting closer even being divorced from Activision.

Thats just assuming at this point though. This season is how the eververse will be moving forward; items will be on sale for silver.. and throughout the season, those same items will be on a rotation for bright dust. There might be an occasion or two where a limited ornament might be silver only... but lets not pretend thats going to be the case for a majority of items.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Its called a slippery slope fallacy

original

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All it takes is one good, sexy, irresistible glance at Shaxx and it's only a matter of time before he finally realizes I'm the real boy toy for him.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll share here what I shared with my friends. I just think that Bungie hand cuffed themselves with launch, the seasonal approach (even now with them stating that they want to reset the player so to speak after every season. starting from scratch will get old after awhile) and the unwillingness to give this game an identity. Now that they are embracing the MMO, and the RPG in their mess of an online action game, fitting those two gaming genres (or what ever parts of those genres they want) into Destiny 2 is going to be near impossible, at least at any reasonable speed. At best, they may get a decent framing of an idea of what they can do with D3 when that launches.

I'm going into Y3 looking at it as a beta for D3, when ever it launches. I just hope to god third times a charm when it comes to launches with this franchise.

It has already gotten old. We don't need a 50 point light increase every 3 months. It's just worthless time padding that coaxes you into doing a bunch of content you really have zero interest in playing. A lot of the quests are the same way. Do this checklist of activities for exotic weapon. I understand that every weapon can't be accompanied by dungeon Whisper, Outbreak or even Thunderlord but I'd rather shit just drop or come from boss than the half ass quests we normally get. Give raid bosses multiple unique exotics in their loot table.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
It has already gotten old. We don't need a 50 point light increase every 3 months. It's just worthless time padding that coaxes you into doing a bunch of content you really have zero interest in playing. A lot of the quests are the same way. Do this checklist of activities for exotic weapon. I understand that every weapon can't be accompanied by dungeon Whisper, Outbreak or even Thunderlord but I'd rather shit just drop or come from boss than the half ass quests we normally get. Give raid bosses multiple unique exotics in their loot table.
That's why I don't even worry about it except for pieces I'll use to raid. Everything else I dismantle for shards. Additionally, using exotics from collections will ensure you can infuse to a reasonable level for content while maintaining a lot of your mats.

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I don't even worry about it except for pieces I'll use to raid. Everything else I dismantle for shards. Additionally, using exotics from collections will ensure you can infuse to a reasonable level for content while maintaining a lot of your mats.

That pretty much what I do for all my weapons that aren't being used for raiding or Iron Banner

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Re: Eververse,

So long as the gear and items remain silly and offshoot like beachball ghosts and such, I won't care. Because none of that affects gameplay.

The fact that whisper ornaments paid for zero hour means that I have no qualms supporting an independent studio who make the most played game I have ever owned.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thats just assuming at this point though. This season is how the eververse will be moving forward; items will be on sale for silver.. and throughout the season, those same items will be on a rotation for bright dust. There might be an occasion or two where a limited ornament might be silver only... but lets not pretend thats going to be the case for a majority of items.
Theres quite a few items that are not for sale for bright dust and never rotate in. Packages etc.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
If it comes down to Gambit or Prime, I want vanilla Gambit. Prime has way too many bullet sponge enemies. Have fun grinding out bow kills in Prime.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
If it comes down to Gambit or Prime, I want vanilla Gambit. Prime has way too many bullet sponge enemies. Have fun grinding out bow kills in Prime.
Going to have to agree. There are weapons that are viable in regular Gambit that just don't work at all in Prime.

Mowing down enemies with my Riskrunner in Gambit is one of the only reasons I am willing to play Gambit at all. That part is very satisfying. Riskrunner isn't anywhere near as good in Prime.

Honestly, I'm not sure how you fix Prime. If you nerf invasion frequency, people will just leave matches if the enemy invader gets a successful invade of (say, -20 motes). But people hate the frequency of it and the comeback mechanic and play style it promotes. People like and dislike the boss mechanics in each for different reasons.

Honestly? If I wasn't forced to play Gambit for some quest line, I'm pretty sure I'd never play either variant of it ever again. I'd just farm Reckoning for whatever roll I'm after and Gambit in all of its variants would be dead too me.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you say 'remove powerful gear', what do you mean by that? Do you mean not have gear power progression at all, or do you mean being able to hit max power by simply running strikes?

Neither. Basically what Luke mentioned in the post about feeling like it's a checklist/chore. It's more beneficial to my progression to play content I don't enjoy which doesn't really encourage me to play at all.

And also what you mentioned about some powerful gear drops being better than others. That's really dumb. They need a better way to highlight that. I haven't played since Season of the Drifter so ignore me if this has been resolved since.

To me Destiny 2 is really unrewarding to play. The eververse/bright engrams etc isn't a fun way to get cosmetic gear. I liked running raids to get a rare speeder in D1, but in D2 the coolest speeders just drop for you randomly. That's not a rewarding loop.

And then the best path for gear progression is playing all the different activities. A lot of which are bad. It's not as bad now but doing Dreaming city quests for Powerful gear was the low point in Destiny 2 for me. None of that was fun. That's where I fell off hard and I haven't been able to get hooked since.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The language on Steam for the Deluxe edition of Shadowkeep, which comes with 4 season passes, is:

"Season Pass redeemed when logging in. If players already own the current Season Pass, they will receive credit toward future Seasons up until Season 11. Any credits beyond Season 11 will be exchanged for an equivalent value of Silver.
PLAYER DATA"

Doesn't really address what order it will fill them in...

They already addressed this. The Season Pass gets you 3 seasons. If you buy the game at Season 10 you get

Season 10
Season 11
Season 12

If you buy the game at Season 11 you get

Season 11
Season 12
Season 13

Players who buy shadowkeep digital deluxe get 4 seasons, The first of the 4 is Season of the Undying and that's season 8 and is included WITH shadowkeep. Atop this purchase is the season pass which gets you the additional 3 seasons. You don't buy old seasons content when you buy the season pass you buy the current season and the future 2.

If you want older content it's piece meal

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Neither. Basically what Luke mentioned in the post about feeling like it's a checklist/chore. It's more beneficial to my progression to play content I don't enjoy which doesn't really encourage me to play at all.

And also what you mentioned about some powerful gear drops being better than others. That's really dumb. They need a better way to highlight that. I haven't played since Season of the Drifter so ignore me if this has been resolved since.

To me Destiny 2 is really unrewarding to play. The eververse/bright engrams etc isn't a fun way to get cosmetic gear. I liked running raids to get a rare speeder in D1, but in D2 the coolest speeders just drop for you randomly. That's not a rewarding loop.

And then the best path for gear progression is playing all the different activities. A lot of which are bad. It's not as bad now but doing Dreaming city quests for Powerful gear was the low point in Destiny 2 for me. None of that was fun. That's where I fell off hard and I haven't been able to get hooked since.
Much of that is fair, IMO.

Though I will say:
  1. The best looking gear isn't in Eververse at all; most of it is in the Raids, Menagerie, and The Reckoning. Give those sets a look if you haven't lately. Eververse gear is pretty trash in comparison. Also, Y1 Trials gear >>> *
  2. Eververse shaders are just a couple of simple (5-10 minute?) Eververse bounties away from being able to buy them. Even then you probably won't use many of them because most available in the open world, from factions, and from raids are easily better. There are plenty of shaders and vehicles locked behind open world grinding and RNG. Dreaming City's ghost, ship, and sparrow are among the best looking in the game and will certainly provide you the sense of accomplishment you're looking for if that's all this is about. Same is true of Gambit, Crucible, and Vanguard-exclusive shaders, ghosts, sparrows, ships, emotes, and so on. Further, next season you'll be able to earn Eververse currency while playing just like any other currency, allowing you to actually choose your rewards after working hard grinding for the mats needed to buy them. I've never felt like I didn't earn something if I played the game enough to unlock it. YMMV.
  3. It sounds like they plan to remove some of the more unfun activities from power level progression (hi, Heroic Story Missions). At the end of the day, though, if Strikes, Nightfalls, PvP, raids, Gambit, and weekly planetary activities aren't enjoyable to you, D2 isn't the game for you now or in the future. That's just the truth of the matter. Those activities combine for probably 25 powerful engrams per week. I have no expectation that they will be radically changing the approach to light leveling. Personally I like it as it is, because it gives me a bit of purpose within the game. Some clear goals and things I can check off that demonstrably offer me progress. But I can understand wanting something more fluid that you can use to level up while doing the one or two things you enjoy. Just don't expect them to embrace that idea. They want people engaging all of their content.

If none of that makes you feel better, you can safely move onto other games. Because the above is probably as good as it's going to get. More unnecessary cosmetics will be for sale in Eververse and they will look cool. They'll have to, as they will be helping keep Bungie afloat. But there's certainly no reason to believe all the cool stuff will be locked behind the store. That wasn't true in Y1 (Trials, Escalation Protocol, and Raid Armor > Eververse), Y2 (Gambit Prime, Black Armory, Menagerie, Crown of Sorrows armor > Eververse), and there's no reason to assume that pattern won't hold in Y3. But if you demand to look different -- to peacock more -- well, Eververse is there for you to do so. Power progression won't be getting any sort of massive overhaul that you seem to need to find motivation to play.

It's okay if it's not for you now or anymore. Happens.

Nov 14, 2017

OK, I get what you're saying. I think that the powerful gear system really needs to be looked at and maybe even totally reworked. A few simple changes that I think would help would be to have end-game power progression mostly limited to the vanguard/gambit/cruicible milestones plus whatever the current season's activity is. Actually that already is effectively the current system, it's just not communicated anywhere and yes it's bad that you need a diagram to explain to players the most efficient way to power up. Thankfully in this past season they mostly sidestepped those problems by making it super easy to power up. I have friends who made it to max power in a couple of weeks without even raiding.

Last Wish does have a ship and a sparrow btw, and also SotP has an exotic sparrow that can drop. I think every raid should have a shader, ship, and sparrow attached to it though.