• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46735

D2_Development_Roadmap_4_10_3.jpg

The community has been talking a lot about some of the things we're developing for Season Four. Our goals for these features are to give you more control over how you configure your loadouts in Destiny 2 and give you more reasons to play the game over time. We also want to bring back those exciting moments when you acquire the perfect weapon. To make this happen, updates like Weapon Randomization, Weapon Slot Changes, Gear Collections, and Records will be delivered to all players.

We now have a plan for Raid Prestige changes (including Raid Lairs) and will update where it will land in the next Development Roadmap. Mod Changes are being incorporated into our new plan for Weapon Randomization.

On May 8, with the beginning of Season Three, we're also launching the second expansion to Destiny 2. It's called Warmind, and it will send you to new places to meet new heroes and battle new enemies. You'll earn new loot and master new activities. Today, we're naming it and dating it. You'll learn more in a reveal stream on April 24. Mark your calendars and follow us on Twitch.

D2_EP2_Teaser.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I might want to play once they get it back to a more D1 style.

Weapon slot changes, does that mean secondary and heavy slots as well? I hope so. The 6 on 6 got me interested, this change could help me make my mind up.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
So w/ Weapon Randomization coming in Sept is about where i'll be coming back, as long as it ads longevity to the game, something to grind for ect

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
OMG IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING...I cannot explain how excited I am for the level cap increase and new content...maybe the most excited since the game launched, and one of the big content releases of 2018 that I have been anticipating...but why can't it be now...

giphy.gif

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Hey, the first ever one-word sub-title for a Destiny expansion.

Also, that image pretty much confirms the leaks: we're back on Mars (as you can see on the right) but in a new icy zone on Mars (as you can see on the left).

Clawbvious

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Around September might finally play the game again.

Honestly, I'm sort of looking forward to booting it up in the fall and see how things are going...

Definitely a game that I shouldn't have bought the Season Pass for, but no use in crying over spilled milk.

I probably would have already logged back in if it wasn't for all of the other amazing games from the last 6 months.

Oct 25, 2017
Changes are coming slow, but at least they're coming I suppose. I'll drop back in for the second DLC on launch as well.

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
Sounds to me like they are softening the blow of maybe the upcoming dlc being light on content (like the last dlc) with news of what everybody has been asking for. Most people will be looking at the weapon reroll and slot changes as the actual news here. Smart really.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am at the same place with D2 that I am with Sea of Thieves. I absolutely love the core of the game, but there simply just isnt enough meaningful shit to do and has more systems working against the player rather than giving them a reason to continue playing.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm really excited to go back to Mars.

The question is: will it be a completely new area of Mars? Will it overlap with areas from D1?

And I don't need new zones in Destiny's $20 expansions to be the size of EDZ. But they need to be bigger than Mercury. They should aim for the size or Io or Titan and see if they have the ability to do more if possible.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of great games I'm playing now and if I have a lot of great games to play in the fall I will probably never return. Better luck next time with Destiny 3. Looking forward to Destiny Battle Royale.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really excited to go back to Mars.

The question is: will it be a completely new area of Mars? Will it overlap with areas from D1?

And I don't need new zones in Destiny's $20 expansions to be the size of EDZ. But they need to be bigger than Mercury. They should aim for the size or Io or Titan and see if they have the ability to do more if possible.

Considering the image has snow in it and the game has teased the polar ice caps of Mars in one of the adventures, no way it's just Mars from D1 reskinned.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
So weapon randomization basically when expansion hits.......I bet it's gping to be a pre patch basically with the new systems

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So don't try to play it again til September. Got it.

Or why feed into their nonsensical pattern at all. Destiny 2 was Bungie's opportunity to learn from the overhaul Taken King brought and expand on that. Instead they took two steps back and fell on their ass.

We shouldn't have to wait a full year for the proper version of the game to release. I hesitate to reward them for making the same mistake twice that could easily happen thrice in the future because Bungie is Bungie.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Was hoping for a Prison of Elders type thing
I'm done with the whole Callus Magic Flying Castle bullshit.

Summer looks like they are not touching much which is dissapointing but whatever I'll be playing World of Warcraft.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Bungie scheduling the major fix exactly when the new DLC is out.

Clever.

To be fair, if they're adding random perks back to the game and changing how weapon slots work, that's a pretty major change to the backbone of the game design itself. Given that they are doing it as the result of a backlash, it makes sense that it would take a while for them to launch it.

Problem is, it might be too late for some people.

Also, a change like that will likely not require the expansion. It will almost certainly be part of the pre-expansion update much like the pre-Taken King update had major QoL changes.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How does Barrett and his team feel about having to re-do stuff they already created once in D1 in an effort to save D2, I wonder. And is "Seasonal Vendor Progression" their code for "Tess is going to be selling new shit for real money"?

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the stuff on the Roadmap has been talked about at some point and isn't new news, but it's nice to have an idea when we should expect these changes and updates. I always appreciate the Roadmap updates.

I'm more curious about some of the May update and the stuff they haven't touched on yet.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
September? The expansion will bring me back, but if that's all that it is, I guarantee I'll be more than completely done with this game by then.

Trim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, a change like that will likely not require the expansion. It will almost certainly be part of the pre-expansion update much like the pre-Taken King update had major QoL changes.
Just like in D1, they will nerf the old stuff just before to make sure that the content of the DLC is what everyone will be chasing.

Destiny is not the kind of game you play when you don't have the latest expansion, you're too much left out.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Should I buy Destiny 2 for Xbox One X or for PC?

60 fps is purrrrty nice as someone who owns it on PS4 and PC.

Also the FoV. Bungie have this weird obsession with super low FoV on console.

And I don't need new zones in Destiny's $20 expansions to be the size of EDZ.

Why not? The entire game has four zones, two of them larger and two smaller. Why can't an expansion 1/3 of the price have a zone the size of the EDZ or at least Nessus?

Was hoping for a Prison of Elders type thing
I'm done with the whole Callus Magic Flying Castle bullshit.

Summer looks like they are not touching much which is dissapointing but whatever I'll be playing World of Warcraft.

...they said new activities with this expansion.

On twitter they've also responded multiple times to fans asking about Archon's/PoE/CoO, that they agree Destiny 2 is missing something there. It's definitely more than just a PR nod.

How does Barrett and his team feel about having to re-do stuff they already created once in D1 in an effort to save D2, I wonder. And is "Seasonal Vendor Progression" their code for "Tess is going to be selling new shit for real money"?

...No. They've talked about this. It's a seasonal version of vendor level in D1. How does "progression" have anything to do with paying real money to Tess?

Last edited:

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
Man I sold off my copy awhile ago and kind of want to start again fresh on this time PS4 but I can't justify paying $20 + $35 for the expansion pass when I know there's going to be a collection with the new expansion for $60 come September (like Taken King did)

Le sigh

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I just can't care anymore. The launch state of Destiny 2 has killed any and all future interest in this series. I hope it's good for the people who are still on board, though.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't justify spending another $40+ in September for the changes I'd want to see in the game. Spider-Man, Red Dead, Battlefield, and whatever else is coming out deserve my attention more than D2 at this point. I'll mess with DLC 2 since I already purchased it, but best of luck to them after that.