• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017

Full reveal tomorrow but new news = new thread.

More Variks time? Hype, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees?

Rehevkor

Oct 31, 2017
I want to be optimistic, but man, the last few Bungie live stream reveals were awful, both in content and presentation. They need to bring something truly special at this point.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know how they sell another season pass for this game, i hope that isnt the case

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lol Sea of Thieves third expansion is also called Forsaken Shores haha,
Curious. Will see tomorrow. Queen better be back,

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Back to the Reef? Jeeeeeesus christ. Having a galaxy system at your disposal and you go back to the same place.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
I want to be optimistic, but man, the last few Bungie live stream reveals were awful, both in content and presentation. They need to bring something truly special at this point.

i didn't watch any of the warmind reveal stuff but i did see that when deej was doing the osiris reveal he talked about how the mercury PE was the "most rewarding event" and noted that there were TWO chests!

then he opened them to reveal two tokens and a blue, which is now a meme. deej surely must have been kept in the dark about that event lol

OP
OP
Wolf

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Back to the Reef? Jeeeeeesus christ. Having a galaxy system at your disposal and you go back to the same place.

We haven't really been outside of our solar system in Destiny. That being said, the Reef was just a hub location before so maybe we'll see more of it this time around given what happen to it in D1. I'd count that as a new place.

Arrakis

Oct 30, 2017
ontario,canada
After blindly buying the first expansion pass and not even finishing the second part I think I'm going to have to move on ,RDR2 will be my groups next main game

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
i didn't watch any of the warmind reveal stuff but i did see that when deej was doing the osiris reveal he talked about how the mercury PE was the "most rewarding event" and noted that there were TWO chests!

then he opened them to reveal two tokens and a blue, which is now a meme. deej surely must have been kept in the dark about that event lol

IVr2zeQ.png

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I dont know how they sell another season pass for this game, i hope that isnt the case
D1 only had one season pass, for the first two expansions (which were each much smaller than the later two expansions, The Taken King and Rise of Iron). So far, D2 has copied D1's DLC format, so I'd expect this to be a hefty $40 expansion. No season pass.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017

AFAIK it's never been made explicit that we have FTL or interstellar travel in Destiny. It's always been closer in scope to Gundam, Firefly, or The Expanse as opposed to Star Trek or Star Wars.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda eh about going back to the Reef BUT I'm excited for Variks to possibly return

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
This is the one that didn't come with the 'Season Pass', isn't it? So chances are it'll be a good £30 or something stupid and be half decent, raising everyone's hope that maybe...l just maybe... Bungie are going to get things right. And then the whole cycle will start again with Destiny 3.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Excited. Finally we get to see how they intend to move the franchise forward. Please let there be a new weapon loadout.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
I was going to defend going back to the reef because it has a lot of interesting implications with it being a graveyard of ships from the golden age and a society of Awoken that we haven't really explored then I remembered that this is Destiny and all that interesting stuff doesn't actually matter and got sad

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Destiny 2 still stands as the biggest disappointment in gaming for me i swore there would be nothing that could get me to even consider thinking about buying the fall expansion. I loved the Variks Trials in Destiny 1 and now they have my attention. That being said there should already be a trials type mode in Destiny 2

Dec 6, 2017
I mean all the people upset about going back to the Reef should have known this last year when the game launched. The end credits scene pointed towards all the locations we'd go to after the main story line concluded. Mercury (DLC1), Mars (DLC2), the Reef (expansion), and then Saturn/Dreadnaught (4th dlc/expansion, like RoI?).