• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

Also announced at Gamescom.. Gambit will be playable for all destiny 2 owners before Forsaken for one day on September 1.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It will never not be funny to me that the day they announced that Nolan North would be replacing Nathan Fillion as Cayde...

That Nathan Fillion Uncharted fan film came out.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I fucking hate Cayde. He's the personification of Bungie over-adjusting and misinterpreting fan reactions to the shitty main plot in D1.

Edit: Also. why aren't everyone just killing Ghosts instead of throwing hordes of cannon fodder at the guardians? Seems like a simple thing. Kill the guardians, wait until the Ghost appears to resurrect him or her, and destroy the Ghost. Viola.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
They also announced at gamescom that Gambit will be available before forsaken for one day on Sept 1.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'd really love it if Gambit was a game in itself. Like I wish their focus was solely on gambit, I'd be super hyped.

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
I dont know. It looks great and probably took many weeks to finish it ... but it just adds nothing to the game.

Bungie just lost me completly. Especailly the timing couldnt be worse for the dlc. Maybe I will play it weeks/months later... I just dont get any hype from cutscenes like that which doesnt add anything to the story/game when the story will be explained while flying with the ship or defending the ghost from waves.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know. It looks great and probably took many weeks to finish it ... but it just adds nothing to the game.

Bungie just lost me completly. Especailly the timing couldnt be worse for the dlc. Maybe I will play it weeks/months later... I just dont get any hype from cutscenes like that which doesnt add anything to the story/game when the story will be explained while flying with the ship or defending the ghost from waves.

How does it add nothing to the game lmao. It's a cinematic. It's setting up the story of the expansion.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Gambit sounds dope af. Can't wait.
Also like that powerful reward event are going to be in different rotations instead of all of them being weekly.

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
How does it add nothing to the game lmao. It's a cinematic. It's setting up the story of the expansion.

you already knew cayde was alone and shot and now you see it... All you see is Cayde and some basic enemys.

I dont know how this setting up the story more than the rather dark trailer where cayde was shot before?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Cool stuff,

Not Taken King levels of hype, no game cinematic has been able to top that since anyway.

Glad Cayde didn't go down like a punk.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I had not seen the Gambit trailer before today's presentation. I didn't quite get what it was until now. Wow, that looks incredibly fun. Really looking forward to that one-day event next week before the expansion hits so we can try it out for ourselves.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The dialogue in this is really bad.

Also why didn't Cayde just take the death he could have revived from and let them go?

Why does he only have 1 weapon too?

Dec 28, 2017
So this hunter god can't handle 6 fallens. They need to start killing all the npc's because they get beaten all the time.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Was nice, but nothing special. You can tell Nolan North has the mannerism down correctly for Cayde but you can clearly tell it's not Nathan Fillion anymore.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

September has been Destiny month for the last 5 years

This was a good last bad ass moment from Cayde

People care about end game, not story. We the people who keep the game alive want more end game loot. Fuck the story

Sure some people want story but the majority want loot /puzzles/raids.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Cayde died because Golden Gun sucks.

In all seriousness, it was a pretty nice cinematic, but it feels pretty hollow because we didn't really know Cayde as, well, a person (beyond his wise-cracking). Still a little sad to see him go, but eh.

Nolan North also did a great job. There were a few moments where his Inner Drake came out, but his inflection and mannerisms were almost all on-point.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate Cayde. He's the personification of Bungie over-adjusting and misinterpreting fan reactions to the shitty main plot in D1.
This this this.

He was fine in moderation in D1 but as soon as they had him and his quirky, mumbling banter at the forefront of the initial D2 promo stuff I knew something was up.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Full trailer is Playstation exclusive.

aX8lPgp.jpg

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
This this this.

He was fine in moderation in D1 but as soon as they had him and his quirky, mumbling banter at the forefront of the initial D2 promo stuff I knew something was up.

It's like the pitch for Cayde was "What if we took a Destiny youtuber and put him IN THE GAME?"

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I thought Uldren killed him?

It looked to me that the cinematic ended where the earlier Uldren one picks up. Cayde beaten on the ground, Uldren picking up the Ace of Spades. Although his ghost was just completely toasted, released all his light and everything. So it floating limply to be shot by Uldren doesn't make much sense in the other trailer. Ah well.

Edit: slow :(

I liked the trailer either way. I cherish the few times we get to see a Guardian being a Guardian. The whole idea of these punks taking out Cayde, the Hunter Vanguard definitely establishes them as a top tier threat. That we will absolutely bitch smack.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hearing Nolan North's voice used for Cayde feels weird. I mean, I guess he does sound a little similar to Nathan Fillion, but... I dunno.

The cutscene was fine. Still not sold on getting Forsaken at release.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I still suspect Cayde won't really be dead. Can't Exos be rebooted? Or restored from Backup?

Then he'd be Cayde-7.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I still suspect Cayde won't really be dead. Can't Exos be rebooted?

The number behind their names is the number of times they've been inserted into a new frame, I think. So yes, but they basically have a human consciousness/soul and that's tied to the Light from their Ghosts. And the Ghost just got destroyed, so yeah.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wait. THIS is the most impressive cinematic they've ever done? I mean... it's fine, but nothing all that special.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
tenor.gif

Never been a fan of "nonstop jokes haha I'm so funny" Cayde. Killing him is a good decision.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still suspect Cayde won't really be dead. Can't Exos be rebooted? Or restored from Backup?

Then he'd be Cayde-7.
This is where my money is as well. Oh, look, they happened to find his original download in the Bray corporation on mars, re-boot, Cayde-7!

People thinking that 100% a cayde type character is out of the Destiny universe, I just don't think is realistic. Maybe the boot him back up in a DLC. I don't know, but again, I doubt he is gone forever.