• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
This was posted last week but some of it was actually confirmed in today's bungie blog post (Gambit ranking, clan engrams, etc.)

8tmdBQ0.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/96c388/spoiler_forsaken_info_leaks/?sort=confidence

RAID
  • The new raid is called "Last Wish" and will have a normal and prestige mode.
  • The raid boss is called Dul Incaru, the Eternal Return (not 100% sure about that).
  • There will be something like a one-time challenge to finish the new raid within 24h after its launch.
NEW STRIKES (edited)
  • The 4 new strikes are called: "Warden of Nothing", "The Hollowed Lair", "The Corrupted", & "Broodhold".
  • All 4 will - as always - also be available as nightfall versions.
  • The nightfall versios will have special challenges such as not receiving any arc damage in the final encounter.
GAMBIT
  • Gambit will have a ranking system called "Infamy".
  • Similar to Crucible, you will unlock gear and ornaments while increasing your rank.
  • Infamy can be resetted.
  • The highest Infamy Rank seems to be level 15.
  • Hawthrone will have a new clan engram for Gambit.
MASTERWORK CORES
  • Weekly clan milestones let you receive a masterwork core.
  • There is a chance of obtaining a masterwork core with a Boss kill.
  • Masterwork cores can be purchased (I don't know where and for which currency).
DUNGEON
  • There will be a dungeon called "The Shattered Throne".
  • Multiple activities will take place in this dungeon.
  • At some other part of the game we will receive an unpurified version of an armor set called "Reverie Dawn", which we can purify through different activities in "The Shattered Throne".
PETRA VENJ
  • Petra Venj returns as a new NPC (probably at the Reef).
  • Petra Venj offers special bounties with certain goals such as completing all of them within one week.
CLAN FOCUS
  • A stronger focus on clan activities.
  • Examples would be milestones/goals such as completing raids, strikes, nightfalls, crucible matches, escalation protocols,etc. together.
  • Some of them require even a full 6-player clan-fireteam such as the completion of "Last Wish".
  • Playing with clanmates can grant special buffs in certain activities, e.g. increased recovery/resilience/mobility.
ACE OF SPADES
  • There is a mission where we will have to reclaim Ace of Spades back from Uldren.
  • Once reclaimed, it will first be a broken version and we have repair it through a longer quest series with several steps in multiple activities.
PRISON ESCAPEES
  • We will have to hunt down escpaees of the Prison of Elders in multiple activities.
  • E.g. Finding escapees in the patrol zones of other planets, in lost sectors, at public events, etc.
COLLECTIONS
  • Collections will also include Destiny 1 achievements (console players only obviously).
  • Examples are completion of campaigns and raids, character transfer to Destiny 2, Reaching the Lighthouse, triumphs, certain Grimoire score, collection of specific weapons such as Thorn, the Last Word, and Gjallarhorn, etc.
COSMETICS
  • New ghost shapes (pyramid/triangle-like shape; something looking similar to an override frequency; fallen-themed)
  • Taken-themed sparrow
STORY
This last part - probably the most interesting for most of you - is a very rough summary and I'm also not 100% certain here. But the following is what I got from the story.

• Uldren thinks his sister, Queen Mara, is still alive.
  • He thinks she is trapped by the Techeun Illyn in the Dreaming City.
  • In order to save her she is telling him in his "visions" to open the gates to the Dreaming City.
  • He somehow allies with the prisoners in the Prison of Elders in order to achieve his goal.
  • While trying to regain control of the prison alongside with Petra Venj, Cayde-6 dies.
  • After Uldren succeded to open the gate to the Dreaming City, he immidiately gets killed by a creature, but the gate remains open.
  • It is now Petra Venj's duty to protect the city, in which all Awoken secrets and treasures are kept (and we will help her with that).

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn, for as many fuck ups as Bungie continually makes they always pull be back in.

This all looks glorious.

I'm in for raids, strikes and dungeons.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Once reclaimed, it will first be a broken version and we have repair it through a longer quest series with several steps in multiple activities.
These quests always suck and Bungie has played them out already.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
We already know Petra is the planetary vendor for uh... the endgame location. We even have audio of her talking about it.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These quests always suck and Bungie has played them out already.
Tbh the entire "Cayde dies" thing is so limp to me because it's so eagerly followed up with "AND YOU GET ALL OF HIS STUFF"

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh the entire "Cayde dies" thing is so limp to me because it's so eagerly followed up with "AND YOU GET ALL OF HIS STUFF"

Well that's because Bungie sucks at storytelling. Even if the Forsaken story was told well it's just as you say getting cayde's stuff undermines any impact his death have.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
A year ago: "This will be a story about loss. Your guardian will lose his/her Light..." Game comes out. You lose your Light for approximately 15 minutes before getting it back.

Now: "This will be a story about revenge. Uldren Sov will kill Cayde-6..." Judging by the OP, Uldren's gonna get killed in a cutscene.

Bungie's acing it when it comes to narrative blueballs.

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A year ago: "This will be a story about loss. Your guardian will lose his/her Light..." Game comes out. You lose your Light for approximately 15 minutes before getting it back.

Now: "This will be a story about revenge. Uldren Sov will kill Cayde-6..." Judging by the OP, Uldren's gonna get killed in a cutscene.

Bungie's acing it when it comes to narrative blueballs.
Bungie seem to hire studios for help why not hire naughty dog since they're much better at storytelling over bungie a million to one.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Uldren is my hero for killing Cayde-6, one of the more annoying Destiny "characters". Will be nice if this goon has more in his stash besides bad jokes.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good. I am sorry that all this stuff got leaked a bit early, but I imagine it's even harder keeping this under wraps when there's a PC version that people can datamine.

I'm a little confused about what a "Dungeon" is supposed to be. That has never been a part of Destiny terminology before.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
  • There will be something like a one-time challenge to finish the new raid within 24h after its launch.
This better not be a special reward for this.

Oct 27, 2017
The story sounds pretty meh but that's not a surprise. It's a bummer that after all the talk of enacting revenge it sounds like the payoff won't be there. As long as the content is there and good though I'm happy.

Oct 27, 2017
This clan stuff worries me. Most of my Destiny friends have moved on and aren't coming back, so I'm kind of stranded at the moment.

I feel the emphasis on clans only makes it harder for those who don't have a dedicated group.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
An abundance of time isnt a skill.

It has nothing to do with time... lol

Going into a raid blind for the first time without looking at any guides or streams... and figuring out mechanics on your own before anyone else does take skill. I think that deserves a reward =)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Uh, that's really bad if we don't actually get to fight Uldren in some sort of battle. Really bad.

The fact that they're killing Cayde alone and it's not Nathan Fillion in this game is bad enough.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Tried getting back last week couldn't, all my friends that played quit so that didn't help for my return

Nov 14, 2017
It's weird they didn't get Nathan Fillion back for Cayde either. I'm probably gonna play Forsaken at launch because enough of my friends are into the loot grind, but damn the story seems so inconsequential at this point. I don't care about anyone in Destiny at this point because they could either die or disappear without having any arc or character development.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Didn't read the story spoilers but everything else will really help this game. Clan buffs to stats in game sounds great!

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything sounds good.
I also don't expect a good story from Bungie so it's not something I can be disappointed about. It's whatever.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It has nothing to do with time... lol

Going into a raid blind for the first time without looking at any guides or streams... and figuring out mechanics on your own before anyone else does take skill. I think that deserves a reward =)
Leveling up that quickly to do the raid day 1 is an incredible time sink. I know, I do it everytime. It absolutely requires an abundance of time.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol the guy gets killed, hey lets but the expensive figure anyway

I am happy there is more focus on clans....yet I am clan less now

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any word on what will be PS4 exclusive?

One strike, one crucible map, one exotic weapon, a ship and a gear set for each class.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47048

During the season, new Crucible Maps will enter Matchmaking playlists. We've also indicated the fact that one of these new maps will be a PlayStation exclusive.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-forsaken-ps4-exclusive-exotic/

Forsaken will feature a PS4-exclusive Strike, Exotic weapon, jumpship, and gear set per class.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man.

If they allowed you to just create a new character for this expansion that's up to the starting light level, I'd probably hop back in.

Not going to slog through the previous two shitty expansions to get to this one though.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if anything from this list a randomely generated content that solo players can also do...?

Yes, I would love something like Diablo 3 rifts in Destiny 2.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man.

If they allowed you to just create a new character for this expansion that's up to the starting light level, I'd probably hop back in.

Not going to slog through the previous two shitty expansions to get to this one though.

It has been confirmed that Forsaken comes with a level boost that you can apply to a new character to play its content immediately.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Man.

If it's anything like TTK it will come with a boost token to jumpstart you in the game.