Destiny 2: Forsaken |OT2| How's your sister?

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of content basically forcing a grind on day one when you're top tier 600 from the previous release. So I played for about 3 hours last night and literally did nothing but powerful activities e.g. daily gambit, 3 games of gambit, vanguard strike etc. In all that time I only got 2 purples above where I am, 602 and 605. I moved up to 602.

So on those rates I'll need to play for 15 hours over 5 days to just be the base recommended light of 610 for the first Forge. Ugh. Why drop blues anymore? Why drop them 20- levels down? Let me infuse my way out of the grind or something.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the matchmaking aspect, thanks for that Bungle, nice work. After a few attempts and getting matched with powerful players who were just 603 as well we cleared the first Forge wave and got our asses handed to us on the second wave.

Seems like great content and weapons but not being able to progress through and having such a massive time sink is off putting.

Oct 25, 2017
I finished all 3 story missions in Dreaming City. Is that all there is for the solo player (I’ve done the strike as well)?

There’s the ascendant challenge - do you basically have to use a guide to find it? I’ve run around using the tincture a few times and never spotted anything out of the ordinary. Is it solo content even?

Thx

Oct 27, 2017
lol, all weeklies and full raid clear on one character, only 608. This is fun. I'm having fun.
Same place I'm at. And wondering if I should break down and run through the whole thing again on character 2 to maybe push me up to 610.

Blindwell being broken isn't helping matters

Oct 25, 2017
Same place I'm at. And wondering if I should break down and run through the whole thing again on character 2 to maybe push me up to 610.

Blindwell being broken isn't helping matters
What, you don't like having to search for 2 more people on destinylfg.net when just last week you could stumble into a 6-man group that could destroy tier 4 in 10 seconds?

Oct 25, 2017
I finished all 3 story missions in Dreaming City. Is that all there is for the solo player (I’ve done the strike as well)?

There’s the ascendant challenge - do you basically have to use a guide to find it? I’ve run around using the tincture a few times and never spotted anything out of the ordinary. Is it solo content even?

Thx
You can find it on your own. Whenever you're in the area of it you'll see a small text in the bottom left feed that says something like "The walls of reality grow thin". You don't need to be Ascendant to get that message. If you don't want to use a guide every week, the best thing to do is look up where they all spawn (because they're only ever in certain areas) and check those spots yourself on reset.

Pretty sure all of the challenges are soloable if you're not crazy underleveled though some are easier than others.

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Destiny for me now is just Gambit, Quick Play, Tangled Shore patrolling and maybe a Flashpoint.

I am disappointed with the Season Pass where they lock the fun at PL 625, pretty lame.

I want Tower Faction Vendors back

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
its sort of meant as a solo activity since if you die you cant be revived anyways but its way easier with another person. there are clues in the bounty on where the portal is i think this week it mentions a garden which is referring to the garden of esila. though if you're not high enough power you'll probably get one shot by the knights.

Oct 27, 2017
lol, i completed the forge a few min before they posted that update... now im wondering if i beat it at new lowered level or original.

Nov 8, 2017
UK
twitter.com
Yep:

We have just delivered a server-side update to reduce the Power requirements for all the encounters in the Lost Forges by five. We fully acknowledge that this is a small move, but it is the one that we can make today. This is not the full extent of the changes to the player experience that we are investigating, but it should give Guardians at 600 Power a better chance at completing the activity.
That's neat, and nice they're addressing the sentiment. I was happy with the grind but won't say no to jumping in now.

Oct 25, 2017
Err... They lowered it by 5, so standard enemies should be 610, and the boss should be 620.

Absolutely nuts that they're now saying, "oh shit, we didn't realize you guys didn't want to grind the same old content you've been grinding for 3 months. We'll look into that."

Eh. I would've rather Bungie stick to their guns on this.
lol, what

Oct 27, 2017
Err... They lowered it by 5, so standard enemies should be 610, and the boss should be 620.

Absolutely nuts that they're now saying, "oh shit, we didn't realize you guys didn't want to grind the same old content you've been grinding for 3 months. We'll look into that."

lol, what
Must want more and more of the player base to fracture off and leave.

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Eh. I would've rather Bungie stick to their guns on this.
what?

IMO, there shouldn't even be a Power Level increase to 650, I would have preferred if everything stayed at 600 and that we just enjoyed the countent with the pain of Infusion.

I worked my ass off to perfect my Armor ; the Power Level increase just set me back to wear random shit gear that is higher Power

Oct 25, 2017
what?

IMO, there shouldn't even be a Power Level increase to 650, I would have preferred if everything stayed at 600 and that we just enjoyed the countent with the pain of Infusion.

I worked my ass of to perfect my Armor ; the Power Level increase just set me back to wear random shit gear that is higher Power
Nothing like a power level cap increase to remind you of how dumb infusion is now.

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Nothing like a power level cap increase to remind you of how dumb infusion is now.
Yup!
Oh! you used your Mods on on your 600 Armor? Fuck YOu LOL
Oh! you carefully collected and chosen a speciic Weapon Scavenger loadout? Fuck YOu LOL

It's so dumb

now all guardians are gonna look like shit with tacked on random armor just based on power levels

Oct 25, 2017
lmao at spawning into a Forge as the 10 second timer for having failed the event is counting down.

Edit: Now that I'm actually playing Forge, it's interesting how the only mechanic involved in it (throwing the ball at the forge) is completely busted and most of the time it bounces off of it for seemingly no reason. Also, why are people going AFK in this activity?

This franchise deserves better and it's sad that we'll never get to see the original vision of the game.

Just once in my lifetime I want to see a Destiny like game with areas so big and populated with npcs, quests and little details that it would take weeks alone to take just one planet in. If you see, you can go, barely any loading, fully customizable characters, actual in game HQs for your clan, etc. But with current hardware and resources a game on that scale is a pipe dream.

Oct 30, 2017
This franchise deserves better and it's sad that we'll never get to see the original vision of the game.

Just once in my lifetime I want to see a Destiny like game with areas so big and populated with npcs, quests and little details that it would take weeks alone to take just one planet in. If you see, you can go, barely any loading, fully customizable characters, actual in game HQs for your clan, etc. But with current hardware and resources a game on that scale is a pipe dream.
Even on next gen hardware I doubt we'd see anything like what you're describing, I mean there's Star Citizen....yikes

how's RDR2 online?

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Forge PL nerf made it easy mode now. 5min in and out, grab some stuff, get bounties done. Pretty funny really how quick Bungie nerfed this in the ground.
Got the Machine Gun on two characters now and gonna get Auto Rifle tomorrow cause of sleepy times. Then hopefully get my hunter raid ready and to 620 if it works out. Not having a Warlock kinda bites me in the ass but damn I can't be arsed to do everything three times, two times already exhausts me.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, matchmaking for the forge can start the damn thing with just two people. What the fuck

Forge PL nerf made it easy mode now. 5min in and out, grab some stuff, get bounties done. Pretty funny really how quick Bungie nerfed this in the ground.
Got the Machine Gun on two characters now and gonna get Auto Rifle tomorrow cause of sleepy times. Then hopefully get my hunter raid ready and to 620 if it works out. Not having a Warlock kinda bites me in the ass but damn I can't be arsed to do everything three times, two times already exhausts me.
Lowered power level by 5 = nerfed to the ground?

Assuming you're relatively high power level, because none of the groups I'm in at 607 can kill the boss.

Oct 25, 2017
Just put on your lower light gear if you want a challenge.

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Destiny for me now is just Gambit, Quick Play, Tangled Shore patrolling and maybe a Flashpoint.

I am disappointed with the Season Pass where they lock the fun at PL 625, pretty lame.

I want Tower Faction Vendors back
I would be so down for tower faction vendors again, that god roll hype was so much fun!

Oh, and I'm 602 after a full grind session...Bungo, pls....what are you upto guys.

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I saw people said blind well was broken but I just went in solo. It matchmade me with a team of two and then another couple people wandered in. Got the tier 4 done and 100% completion without having to LFG.

Oct 27, 2017
Black Armory would have been a free update for lots of other games if u look at how light on content it actually is lol. I'm enjoying the game quite a lot, but I'm gonna wait till they show me something interesting before putting more money into the game.

Since they ditched the cinematic campaigns, I would imagine they focussed their resources on other stuff. Why do we get even less content than last year's DLC? No campaign, no exotic armor, black reskins of year 1 weapons, no strikes, like what?