• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first Scourge of the Past clear, enjoyed it overall but it felt very much like a Raid Lair (not complaining). I'm not sure how they consider it to be longer than, say, Spire of Stars.

Got Bulletsmith's Ire Greaves, two No Feelings scouts (one was from final boss kill), and the Rocket Launcher which I forget it's name as I infused it into the Whisper immediately.
Based on the language they used... my guess is that they called it a raid because it's not set on the Leviathan or the Dreaming City, therefore not a raid lair. Furthermore, it has the same number of encounters as Crota.

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the language they used... my guess is that they called it a raid because it's not set on the Leviathan or the Dreaming City, therefore not a raid lair. Furthermore, it has the same number of encounters as Crota.

That's what I was thinking as well.

----------------------------------------

I should've added it was 2.5 hour first clear too which I thought was pretty good. Raid group on Friday fell apart, might have had a day one clear, oh well I guess.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me. One year and three months later, Destiny 2 now has more raid (content) than Destiny 1 had by two years. Yay!

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I only want Bungie to implement raid matchmaking, just so people can see how horrible it is and regret ever asking for it. It's quite possibly the dumbest thing players have ever wanted in the game. It blows my mind that some people still insist on it being brought in, knowing damn well how utterly miserable it is to play with randoms in Gambit, PvP and strikes.

#IngameLFG #IngameRaidReport
I agree with you but isnt Guided Game essentially Raid/Nightfall matchmaking?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bizarre to me how IGN can review and score Black Armory when its content isn't even fully released yet.
Yeah, super dumb from Destin. No other outlet is reviewing this because by its very nature, its not reviewable but in the last fireteam chat he was pissed off with black armory and I think he's using the IGN platform to complain tbh.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
In the 4 days I've played this game since the update on Tuesday, here's my Exotic/Catalyst haul....

Fighting Lion catalyst
Worldline Zero catalyst
Oathkeeper
Shards of Galanor
Ursa Furiosa
Prospector
Borealis
Thunderlord
Queensbreaker
Wavesplitter
Two-Tailed Fox

I've never had such a run like this in a short space of time. Barring the Borealis and Prospector, everything else was new for me too.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Did Scourge three more times to help a clanmate. We're basically down to 30 minute clears. This raid is definitely the easiest one they've ever made, but still fun.

Nov 14, 2017
Did Scourge three more times to help a clanmate. We're basically down to 30 minute clears. This raid is definitely the easiest one they've ever made, but still fun.
Out of interest, how are you doing the final fight? I've been trying to get my groups to clear the adds and do damage from close up to the boss because I suspect that's the quickest and most consistent way to do the fight, but they want to hang back and do damage from spawn and basically ignore the adds (and those damned snipers), which means we have to three or four phase and wipe a lot. All the clears I've seen videos of recently are clearing the adds and doing it close, so I suspect it might be better.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
28 Last Wish clears.

No boots with traction.

No Bow.

No 1KV.

syysbG4.jpg

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Out of interest, how are you doing the final fight? I've been trying to get my groups to clear the adds and do damage from close up to the boss because I suspect that's the quickest and most consistent way to do the fight, but they want to hang back and do damage from spawn and basically ignore the adds (and those damned snipers), which means we have to three or four phase and wipe a lot. All the clears I've seen videos of recently are clearing the adds and doing it close, so I suspect it might be better.

We 2 phased from map room (spawn).

Nov 14, 2017
We 2 phased from map room (spawn).
Yea, I think a lot of people are doing that at the moment. I just think that using all three tanks to clear adds (the rockets can clear any snipers still up) for a moment before stunning the boss and getting up close might be better though.
Sorry if I missed something but what's the new nade launcher?
Can't remember the name, but it launches sticky nades that you can attach to teammates. Any nade within range of another creates a tether that causes damage to enemies; also I think it stuns targets in place for a second when causing damage. I had someone get it in one of my clears this week; seems pretty sweet!

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

We do damage from the spawn. As soon as the boss "tags" you, we split up into a triangular formation:

Continuous

Angular ______________________________ Parallel
When you get "tagged" again, switch to where ever you need to go. This formation ensures no one is tethered and that you always have Phase Synergy for the damage buff.

Whisper is clearly the weapon of choice here. Well of Radiance is a must. Hunters should use Golden Gun. Titans are worthless.
Do you think the recommended LL of 630 is correct or It's possible to do at lower LL? I'm like 612-ish.

You should be 631 by the time you get to the boss. 626 absolutely minimum, but that's pushing it.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The triangle formation will pretty much be LFG standard unless something easier bubbles up

Nov 14, 2017
We do damage from the spawn. As soon as the boss "tags" you, we split up into a triangular formation:

Continuous

When you get "tagged" again, switch to where ever you need to go. This formation ensures no one is tethered and that you always have Phase Synergy for the damage buff.

Whisper is clearly the weapon of choice here. Well of Radiance is a must. Hunters should use Golden Gun. Titans are worthless.

Yea, that's basically how we've been doing it too. I guess we just need to clean up and git gud then! I still wanna try using tanks to clear adds from the number 1 position and having the whole team go in from that side tho. That's the current speed run strat and it looks like it should be so tidy, even if the group isn't optimised on the rest of the fight.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Light leveling is so stupid: the luckiest people get to do the hardest activities. Last night, I got 5 legs in a row and 4 days ago the raid gave me 4 chests in a row. I cannot wait for Bungie to abandon this system

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Light leveling is so stupid: the luckiest people get to do the hardest activities. Last night, I got 5 legs in a row and 4 days ago the raid gave me 4 chests in a row. I cannot wait for Bungie to abandon this system

sell an item called infusion mold that lets you infuse any class armor to any class armor for your next infusion

even better, sell cross class infusion molds, but maybe for max glimmer for each infusion

Continuous

You should be 631 by the time you get to the boss. 626 absolutely minimum, but that's pushing it.

titans not having a long range burst dps option is a huge fuckup by bungie given they had 9 swings at it

an exotic might be the easiest option--essentially celestial nighthawk for titans.

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think the recommended LL of 630 is correct or It's possible to do at lower LL? I'm like 612-ish.
One player in our group was 618 PL when we started and I believe he finished at 622 PL after the clear. There was another that started at 622 PL and finished at 626 PL. The rest of us were in the mid-630s and after the clear were in the high 630s-to-low 640s.

On PC if it matters.

Do the pinnacle weapons drop as powerful gear?

I already have Loaded Question and Breakneck (did the quests/pursuits before the PL increase) but from what I've heard from others, yes, they drop as Power Rewards.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The Thunderlord and now the Hammerhead (with Appended Mag, Feeding Frenzy, Rampage, and a Backup Mag mod...75 round magazines) has brought an insurmountable amount of fun (back) to this game.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I got a couple of Ada's "special bounties" while grinding and farming, and one of them required me to do 25 forges. Exciting

They can drop both weapons and armor at powerful level

Oct 27, 2017
I got the one that requires Arc, Solar, and Void Kills...nice that it gives you two weeks to complete them.

---------------------------------

The Legendary Black Armory shader and the Scourge of the Past raid shader feel like plays off of the Normal and Hard Mode Wrath of the Machine raid shaders.

Also, loving that BA armor although I hope they have an Escalation Protocol method in place allowing your characters to get different slotted pieces each week but that's probably wishful thinking given the (correct) route they've taken with Forsaken+.

Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
because I picked up another Ps4, to share the game I had to start at lvl30 (gave my son the main account). Currently at LL 540 but my last EIGHT powerful item drops have been helmets.

I'm about to just give up at this point

Oct 27, 2017
because I picked up another Ps4, to share the game I had to start at lvl30 (gave my son the main account). Currently at LL 540 but my last EIGHT powerful item drops have been helmets.

I'm about to just give up at this point
You're experiencing what Bungie refers to as "smart loot". The smartest loot.

It's hilarious that their idea of a good game is having people constantly grinding items that are based on RNG just to level up for a chance then to play end-game content, which is also nothing but RNG. Do your light level grinds get you new powers or abilities? Nope. Just mindlessly stupid busywork.

Dec 2, 2017
sell an item called infusion mold that lets you infuse any class armor to any class armor for your next infusion

even better, sell cross class infusion molds, but maybe for max glimmer for each infusion

titans not having a long range burst dps option is a huge fuckup by bungie given they had 9 swings at it

an exotic might be the easiest option--essentially celestial nighthawk for titans.
I guess that's the slot Burning Maul is supposed to occupy, it just needs more vertical AoE - that would be a good idea for that potential exotic you mentioned. Melting point is pretty key most of the time too. The biggest disservice might be rendering bubble obsolete with Well of Radiance.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys, I have an idea for a awesome exotic handcannon.

It's special perk all precision shots to enemy butts will one hit kill.

The gun is called 'The Swiggity Swooty'

Lore tab - "No if ands or.... "

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm limited on time so couldn't grind LL through out last season. I'm sooo thankful I made an effort to get the Halloween gun, it's the only reason I'm cracking LL 600.

Status
Not open for further replies.