• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Finished up the Malfeasence quest tonight and got a god roll Bygones...hell to the yeah!

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't managed a Volundr clear. This is infuriating and so disheartening. I don't feel like it should take me an entire week of playing this game ~2-3 hours (or more) a night just to clear the first milestone of the new content.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Forges are not horde mode, Bungie really need to stop throwing that term around.

Why is every non strike/raid activity on a ridiculous timer?

Even the nightfall is gated, just bullshit in guise of difficulty

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
RIP my Gunsmith materials. Blown through them all buying mod components to exchange for the Black Armory mods.

Holy shit I'm broke.

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
Still haven't managed a Volundr clear. This is infuriating and so disheartening. I don't feel like it should take me an entire week of playing this game ~2-3 hours (or more) a night just to clear the first milestone of the new content.
I cleared it yesterday for the first time, I can help. Are you on PS4 and will you be playing tonight?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I will carry anyone through the forge if you really cant finish it on Xbox. Message me - demi

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think the Dredgen triumph is bugged.

The one where you have to equip all gambit weapons. I won two games with all gambit weapons and nothing...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
What guns were you using? I'm not sure if Breakneck counts, knowing Bungie they dont consider it a Gambit gun

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Through the Fire and Flood isnt a Gambit weapon... sorry bud

The only Gambit heavy is Bad Omens

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
th

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
So FYI since we are talking about Gambit

Ive been wiping entire teams with Promethues lens

Trace rifles are fucking awesome in gambit with Prometheus being my favorite so far

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Yep, curated Threat Level with a Major Spec mod is better than Ikelos shotty. I've been tearing up enemies in forges, patrols and Gambit with it. No wonder Bungie nerfed Trenched Barrel.

Speaking of which, you can get Trenched Barrel on Threat Level without it being curated. After today's update, we'll be able to see what perks can roll on the last perk slot.

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, me and some friends just bought the forsaken dlc on a deal and are hopping back in fresh. We started at lvl 20 and 300 light but we beat Curse of Osiris last night and reached level 30 without the boost. Any tips on what to do to really get us back up to speed?

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, me and some friends just bought the forsaken dlc on a deal and are hopping back in fresh. We started at lvl 20 and 300 light but we beat Curse of Osiris last night and reached level 30 without the boost. Any tips on what to do to really get us back up to speed?

Just go through the story. Warmind then Foresaken.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Another day, another Exotic. FINALLY got a Queensbreaker.

So whats the rationale behind not having Matchmaking for NF again?

This is absurd
I actually feel like it would be a little harder to do now because of having to organize with the Nightfall cards. Though I guess they could just do matchmaking without it and require you to party up if you want to do go for the 100k.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Another day, another Exotic. FINALLY got a Queensbreaker.

I actually feel like it would be a little harder to do now because of having to organize with the Nightfall cards. Though I guess they could just do matchmaking without it and require you to party up if you want to do go for the 100k.
... Nightfall cards?

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you're on PSN, we can do refer a friend for some extra loot.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
Well, got Ace of Spades, Breakneck, and Exotic drop all in one session. Also got the ship doing Gambit. 2 Meatballs almost in a row lmao.
This was a really productive day :P

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
D-ERA, is this coming week the Mara Sov week of corruption where you can get a seed of light from her?

Still haven't dont TLW, so I'm lacking Well of Radiance and just got Starfire...

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Guided games is still beta so I guess bungie still admits they haven't gotten it right but I don't know why they don't just add a matchmaking option to NF like they did for Haunted Forest, which worked perfectly.
Guided Games will be in beta until at least D3 if not indefinitely. It was an interesting idea but it really should have been something they did in addition to matchmaking.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
D-ERA, is this coming week the Mara Sov week of corruption where you can get a seed of light from her?

Still haven't dont TLW, so I'm lacking Well of Radiance and just got Starfire...
Seed of Light was added as a random drop to Blind well so you don't need to wait for Mara or raid now to unlock all the classes. https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47489

"Seed of Light added to the drop table of the Blind Well Heroic"

Edit: never mind see what Demi said below.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I think that patch note was because before you couldn't get seed of light if a Tier 3 went to Heroic, you're still limited to one afaik

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
what platform are you on homie?
I cleared it yesterday for the first time, I can help. Are you on PS4 and will you be playing tonight?
PSN: JonRabbit, PL 614

I've gotten quite close multiple times but my friends and I just can't close the deal (the closest I've gotten is actually in matchmaking). I'm on an average of 4 nights (MST) a week. Appreciate any help you'd be willing to give.

Dec 2, 2017
Thanks for this, had no idea this changed.

I had only completed NF once in D2

Because no MM
While I feel for people with severe social anxiety, in all honesty I'm glad they don't have MM. Because I and probably most others never would have bothered finding a group otherwise, but it's a fantastic exprience when you've got a good group of equal skill levels and you're really going for it, making multiple runs perfecting your coordination, strategy & loadouts. I used to think strikes were just repetitive padding until I got into nightfalls, now it feels like mastering an old school shmup or something, but with teamwork thrown in and the excitement when someone lands a good drop at the end. I think it really is better this way.

Get on the Era discord, it usually doesn't take much effort to find a group there, especially earlier in the week when everybody hasn't done it yet, or on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.