• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
My Avalanche came with Moving Target and Firmly Planted lol, so trash. Is it possible to get another one?

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
I was getting constant Contacting Destiny Servers for a few minutes and just got booted from the game.

Dec 2, 2017
ATTENTION Contacting Destiny 2 servers

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Think destiny finally broke me. Logged on to the lists of chores to do at this point. None of the other eververse stuff looks fun at all (used to love the emotes. The holiday event looks like a grindy mess. Then it stuck me, I'm doing all the same stuff over and over to get access to a public event with match making.

Might be clocking out till something changes.

Didn't know how important the story missions and strikes were to me. This feels like destiny after taken king and before rise of iron. Didn't play destiny for like 5 months then.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are the servers having issues for anyone else? I have to work anyway, but its been a pain in the butt today.

EDIT: Looks like im not the only one having problems lol. I cant even get to the tower now :(

Also, Thanks for the invite Golden Age!!!!

Last edited:

WeteHa

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just had a repeating loop of "you have been kicked to orbit" message. I was in orbit and had just signed in. And it wouldn't stop unless i quit the game to the PS4 OS.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Good thing the new BO4 Zombies map is out, I can watch the Easter Egg hunts at least (kinda-sorta like Destiny world firsts)

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do daily missions stack or do they go away at daily reset? I haven't been playing in the last week and just logged in and noticed I have 4 of those + symbols on my map.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who knew Bungie would give us the best gift of all.

Never ending connection issues.

Forever Fight indeed.

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
PSN: JonRabbit, PL 614

I've gotten quite close multiple times but my friends and I just can't close the deal (the closest I've gotten is actually in matchmaking). I'm on an average of 4 nights (MST) a week. Appreciate any help you'd be willing to give.
Tried adding you but you have some privacy settings that won't allow it. Feel free ti add me, psn: Hnetuduft

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Today's reset got me to fabled in comp thanks to the weekly bonus points. I still need 60% of the nade launcher multikills though. I'll be so happy to finish this damn quest when it's over!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all realize we're making cookie out of our enemies, right? We're literally eating them.

I don't even want to know what "Taken butter" is.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How does the Dawning grind seem? Think it'll be easier or harder to knock out all the Triumphs when compared to FOTL?

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
The boost to players under 600LL seems real. Maybe it's a placebo effect, but in the last hour, my level jumped up ten points when I was lucky to gain five levels in a week before today's hot fix (541->551). Might actually get to experience the Black Armory forge stuff this year. Yay!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How do I get the Vex milk out?

pele.png

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Farm doesn't even get snow or special music like it did last year. It is officially, completely left behind. Rip.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man Gambit can be such a mixed bag. Played some last night to finish out the daily and weekly. First match was great, pretty even, one of my invasions turned the tide and we won. Got a new pair of boots for my powerful drop, awesome. Go to my second and the other team is obviously, I don't know, farming us? They'd let us get ahead then come out if no where and crush us. Happened both rounds. The next powerful drop...another pair of boots.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
6 purples last night, not one dropped at a light level anything near the currently equipped slot item's higher level. That is just stupid design, progress me for doing repetitive content, not RNG and get it wrong consistently.

This new content is still basically only been played in a teaser fashion for me. Ugh. The first 1 or 2 forges should have been far less light levels, they should have started at 550-625 for the first 3 then ramped the latter ones up higher for sustain. A little grind is ok but grinding what has previously been grinded to just access new content and still have RNG bullshit never reward your levels is bullshit.

So 625 for final stage forge 1 and I'm basically a week in and started at 600 to only be at 606 approaching 607. That's straight up shite.

Man Gambit can be such a mixed bag. Played some last night to finish out the daily and weekly. First match was great, pretty even, one of my invasions turned the tide and we won. Got a new pair of boots for my powerful drop, awesome. Go to my second and the other team is obviously, I don't know, farming us? They'd let us get ahead then come out if no where and crush us. Happened both rounds. The next powerful drop...another pair of boots.

Yep teams are working the "Mario Kart balancing code" present in Gambit. Basically they drop behind on purpose by a large margin, the game mechanics rather than their skills or teamwork attempt to balance the game experience e.g. they get wave after wave of portal invasions. Once that occurs they simply use the stacking advantages and supers to finish the Primeval super fast and take the win as they planned all along.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Yep teams are working the "Mario Kart balancing code" present in Gambit. Basically they drop behind on purpose by a large margin, the game mechanics rather than their skills or teamwork attempt to balance the game experience e.g. they get wave after wave of portal invasions. Once that occurs they simply use the stacking advantages and supers to finish the Primeval super fast and take the win as they planned all along.

This makes no sense. If an enemy team is dripping way behind deliberately, you have a massive advantage. At 25/50 mote mark, you get to invade. The enemy team doesn't get to invade unless they do the same, or you have a primeval up.

If you have the primeval up, the enemy team has the option to invade roughly every 30~ seconds. If you know the invasion is coming, you should be prepared for the invasion. Maps only have three spawn points for invaders. Learn them. Kill them on spawn. Move on.

Gambit's balancing has already been tuned down. If you can't win when you're so very far ahead, you don't deserve the win.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This makes no sense. If an enemy team is dripping way behind deliberately, you have a massive advantage. At 25/50 mote mark, you get to invade. The enemy team doesn't get to invade unless they do the same, or you have a primeval up.

If you have the primeval up, the enemy team has the option to invade roughly every 30~ seconds. If you know the invasion is coming, you should be prepared for the invasion. Maps only have three spawn points for invaders. Learn them. Kill them on spawn. Move on.

Gambit's balancing has already been tuned down. If you can't win when you're so very far ahead, you don't deserve the win.

I don't really have an issue running solo or buddy Gambit and winning often enough. I still enjoy the mode win or lose anyhow. I was just explaining what the other poster was commenting on. It's a tactic by a 4 stack team that's becoming more frequent in the mode, whether to win from behind or farm more bounties etc.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
This new content is still basically only been played in a teaser fashion for me. Ugh. The first 1 or 2 forges should have been far less light levels, they should have started at 550-625 for the first 3 then ramped the latter ones up higher for sustain. A little grind is ok but grinding what has previously been grinded to just access new content and still have RNG bullshit never reward your levels is bullshit.

frankly, it is good as it is...the forges are already trivial at 620, with good people you can play them at 605 onwards. and 7 powerlevels in a week isn´t the norm, you can do so much to raise your powerlvl, should have been no problem to get to 620 in the last week.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
frankly, it is good as it is...the forges are already trivial at 620, with good people you can play them at 605 onwards. and 7 powerlevels in a week isn´t the norm, you can do so much to raise your powerlvl, should have been no problem to get to 620 in the last week.

If you have some advice I'm all ears on how to speed things up or at least consistently be rewarded with higher purples than my current equipment, it rarely happens for me with the drops since this new DLC. I also only play one character.

Not sure I agree for solo/buddies. I login most nights of the week (not weekends), gather bounties across the board and then just focus on powerful engram activities e.g. daily/3 gambit then daily/3 strikes then daily/5 crucible and might mix in a little DC bounties as well. I'll mix in some public events here and there always doing heroic ones too. I also do ascendant challenges solo. I grinded out the haunted forest for horror story to boost to 600 quickly.

If you don't have a clan/squad to run nightfall or raid you're tied to a slow grind.

I'm no slacker at the game either but going in at 600-605 with matchmaking for forge 1 and ending on a boss at 625 means your weapons and supers just aren't effective. I rarely ever leave an activity unfinished either.

What am I doing wrong?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Since I don't have the annual pass, I'm really happy they gave away the Avalanche for free. Now I can finally use Malfeasance in Gambit and still have a machine gun as my heavy. :D Malfeasance is so fun to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.