• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
People who are leveling slow are skipping the raid and Nightfall, at least based on what I'm seeing from posts here.

If you do ALL milestones and challenges then 650 is very quick, if you exclude group content it will take quite a bit longer I think.

Edit: also playing daily and getting a prime engram every day would make a higher difference vs someone just logging in on Tuesday , doing all the director challenges and then logging off for the week I think.

umm no, i did the 100k nf like i do every week. it's one of the easiest sources of loot. It is still a capped drop though.

I do ALL MIlestones. Hope that helps.

For raid, well I dont have any team. I beat the last raid only once and barely know it. It's only capped drops now, so seems little point, will be a lot of time for little power.

I dont feel like beating my head against a new raid I have no experience with for 4 hours with LFG to beat 1 checkpoint or something, thanks.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Crucible notes, tested antiope, the max range pre forsaken version, it doesnt drop off for 27 meters. in league with what it was in yr 1 pre nerf.

It shows some promise as a secondary for a non sniper/shotgun guy like me, IMO, the issue is more the TTK probably isn't great enough, as well as the small mag. It's easy to use though. Another issue is there's a fair amount of range duplication with a pulse.

I got a Bygones with rangefinder just now, been interested to test that. Will soon.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
umm no, i did the 100k nf like i do every week. it's one of the easiest sources of loot. It is still a capped drop though.

I do ALL MIlestones. Hope that helps.

For raid, well I dont have any team. I beat the last raid only once and barely know it. It's only capped drops now, so seems little point, will be a lot of time for little power.

I dont feel like beating my head against a new raid I have no experience with for 4 hours with LFG to beat 1 checkpoint or something, thanks.
The raid is not capped drops, it drops above 600 no problem... (last wish - I haven't gone into the new raid myself yet)

Totally understand if you don't want to raid. It's just you'll progress slower but still get to the same place.

Weird situation in this case since the Forges have matchmaking so people who don't regularly raid are interested in getting in there, whereas in the past max light wasn't very relevant unless one were a raider.

Other people in the thread have said they are progressing slow, but then said they didn't do raid/NF/shattered throne because it's too hard, so that's who I was referring to.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
With Mayhem two weeks long, friendly reminder that it is a great source of quick Valor, which gives a powerful drop every tier rank up.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The raid is not capped drops, it drops above 600 no problem... (last wish - I haven't gone into the new raid myself yet)

Totally understand if you don't want to raid. It's just you'll progress slower but still get to the same place.

Weird situation in this case since the Forges have matchmaking so people who don't regularly raid are interested in getting in there, whereas in the past max light wasn't very relevant unless one were a raider.

Other people in the thread have said they are progressing slow, but then said they didn't do raid/NF/shattered throne because it's too hard, so that's who I was referring to.

Yeah I meant Last Wish is capped to +2 drops or so, right?

So to me doesn't really seem worth it being I'm still not familiar with it.

I probably will raid, just busy. I hate having to carve out that 3 hour block. Even though I play more than that anyways.

LFG raiding is just kind of a RNG shitshow is all. Plus, I'm not typically very good at the synchronized swimming of raid encounters.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I played Mayhem all day yesterday working on triumphs and reset my Valor (which includes powerful drops at each TIER rank up - not sub-rank) as well as farmed over 1000 dawning essences to cook all 120 cookies for the sleigh sparrow. Turning in gifts yielded a bunch of mats, mods, masterwork cores, avalanches, and more. Good stuff

Going to hit 63,000 triumph by the weekend

How many avalance machine guns did you get over 120 cookies?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
did some testing with Anarchy, it is a cool weapon in PVE, you can lay down the traps and whip out your ikelos or another weapon to shoot while the arc grenades to their thing and it is very fun to use against hordes of mobs, in Gambit it has also its use. It does surprisingly high damage.

all in all it is some kind of a fun weapon, wouldn´t rely on it in PVP but to mess around it is much fun nonetheless.

by the way i got Cerberus, Two Tailed Fox and Anarchy on one evening, so my lootluck is done for the next weeks...

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on XB1 feel free to add me: Nando508

I play pretty casually but I think I'm ready to ramp it up to more serious gameplay like NF/Raid/etc

Just cracked 600 too and have *some* decent gear, aiming to crush some of the exotic quests.

I'm in the ERA clan, so if anyone ever sees me online feel free to shoot an invite for anything

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Second exotic in two days, thanks for this one Eva!
t2RcM3t.png

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Got 4 exotics today. Two dupes but I got Ursa and Borealis. The fuck is going on lol I went weeks without getting an exotic!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So now I beat Volundr, got up to 611 with the 615 machine gun I got...which said MG had a pretty crap roll.

First, is there a way to start the gofannon quest without going in the new raid?

Second, what's the point/endgame here? Just grinding for powerful mods I guess?

All I really want weaponwise is a Swift Ride, probably with rampage that I can put a rampage spec on...how do these work just random drops?

Are there any good pulses or scouts in this thing?

I dunno, I'm not getting the point too much.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
So now I beat Volundr, got up to 611 with the 615 machine gun I got...which said MG had a pretty crap roll.

First, is there a way to start the gofannon quest without going in the new raid?

Second, what's the point/endgame here? Just grinding for powerful mods I guess?

All I really want weaponwise is a Swift Ride, probably with rampage that I can put a rampage spec on...how do these work just random drops?

Are there any good pulses or scouts in this thing?

I dunno, I'm not getting the point too much.

1. Gofannon forge quest drops from any fallen enemy. Try EDZ or Tangled Shore. I think Shore works better and you have to visit Spider a bunch of times anyway.
  2. End game is grinding better gear (Raids, forges, etc....) and ranks in Gambit/Crucible.
  3. Random drops mean you get two random perks on your weapon. It depends on weapon archetypes but generally, the best combo is Outlaw + Kill clip/Rampage. Other good perks are Zen Moment or Dynamic Sway Reduction
  4. Pretty much any legendary pulse is good, they are the current meta. The best are Go Figure or Bygones (primary) and Right Side of Wrong or Claws of the Wolf (same weapons, but secondary). Scout rifles kinda suck currently so I dunno what to recommend here. Polaris Lance is good, It's an quest exotic on Mars and getting it, along with it's catalyst, will take you some time.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hmm, just saw the raid 180 scout has box breathing, 3 tap

THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT LADIES

stuff like that.

editz: CAN ROLL with box breathing...

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
wait but why would box breathing on a scout be good?

3 tap with a 180 RPM scout rifle

Its useless these days on snipers and PvE. A scout on the other hand benefits more in PVP

That said they nerfed the perk WAY too hard. If you have to be locked in hard scoping just let it stay active like before. Just reduce the bonus to be in line with other DPS perks

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got the Redrix' Broadsword here? Is it worth it to grind for it? Resetting 5 times seems hard.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got the Redrix' Broadsword here? Is it worth it to grind for it? Resetting 5 times seems hard.

Its doable if all you do is crucible an entire season

I think given how the gun isnt meta breaking like people thought they could stand to reduce the requirements now

The reason they made them so high was to appease those who grinded it out the old way. I think that anger has long passed and they can bring the quest in line

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah I meant Last Wish is capped to +2 drops or so, right?

So to me doesn't really seem worth it being I'm still not familiar with it.

I probably will raid, just busy. I hate having to carve out that 3 hour block. Even though I play more than that anyways.

LFG raiding is just kind of a RNG shitshow is all. Plus, I'm not typically very good at the synchronized swimming of raid encounters.
I think that I've got better than +2 drops at last wish. Looked it up on Reddit and they say it's +2/3. Since black armory came out my warlock is already at 630 max. That's from doing most milestones, the raid weekly, plus an exotic quest I still hadn't done for AoS on this character.

LFG can be an absolute mess, agreed. I haven't bothered with lfg in y2, I just raid with people from ERA using the discord.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone on XB1 feel free to add me: Nando508

I play pretty casually but I think I'm ready to ramp it up to more serious gameplay like NF/Raid/etc

Just cracked 600 too and have *some* decent gear, aiming to crush some of the exotic quests.

I'm in the ERA clan, so if anyone ever sees me online feel free to shoot an invite for anything
If you're not in the Discord yet shoot Ruthless a PM and get set up for the discord, we have an #lfg_xbox on there which is good for finding NF buddies and that sort of thing.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Mayhem is a great source of Valor for the next couple weeks, and Iron Banner is after that with double/triple valor. 5 resets is completely do-able with events like this. Put the time in and it will happen.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Its doable if all you do is crucible an entire season

I think given how the gun isnt meta breaking like people thought they could stand to reduce the requirements now

The reason they made them so high was to appease those who grinded it out the old way. I think that anger has long passed and they can bring the quest in line
Mayhem is a great source of Valor for the next couple weeks, and Iron Banner is after that with double/triple valor. 5 resets is completely do-able with events like this. Put the time in and it will happen.
Aight, guess I'm going for it. How long is Mayhem staying, since I don't really mind losing in a fun mode lol. Do u also only get double/triple valor if u play Iron Banner or does it count for all modes? I also read something about getting a 4 or 5 winstreak in quickplay and then head to competitive to gain extra valor and not losing ur winstreak if u lose. Does that still work?

Gonna be such a long grind. Luckily playing Mayhem gives like 10+ essence of Dawning each game.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You can play any mode and you will get double/triple valor. If you play Rumble, it counts as a win if you get top 3 as well.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
So Titans can be OP all the time, pretty much in every situation in PVP...and Warlocks have one OP tool to use (Warp), now getting nerfed.

Feels good man.

:(

OK, I'll jump on the meta: anyone got a good guide for levelling alts? I'm 610 on my main (Warlock) but both my others are lowly L30s after the boost. That submachine gun grey gun boost trick still legit D-Era?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Couple questions after recently finishing the Forsaken campaign:

Should I just dismantle all my old legendaries and exotics (pre-Forsaken) that I know ill never use again? Seems to be cheaper to just get the ones I want again from the collections tab.

Is Skullfort still good for Striker Titans with the new subclass?

How long does it take to unlock your next subclass lol?

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... tried Corrupted mission for Malfeasance. Can't get past the elevator.
A helping hand would be very much appeciated

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Couple questions after recently finishing the Forsaken campaign:

Should I just dismantle all my old legendaries and exotics (pre-Forsaken) that I know ill never use again? Seems to be cheaper to just get the ones I want again from the collections tab.

Is Skullfort still good for Striker Titans with the new subclass?

How long does it take to unlock your next subclass lol?

- Delete all kinetic guns
- (Optional) check collections page for all energy weapons since elements are static now, you might have a gun that is a different element. If you delete this gun, you won't get it back with that same element. Up to you, if this does not bother you, just delete all Year 1 guns period.
- Delete all Year 1 armor

- Skullfort is great with new subclass, just replace shoulder charge with death from above

- Not long, just kill enemies and collect the items. This unlocks your first class of your choice. To unlock the second and third, you need Seeds of Light available from the Dreaming City, or the first encounter of the Raid. Next week is "curse week" which means you can potentially get Seeds 2 and 3 at the same time in the Dreaming City.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
- Delete all kinetic guns
- (Optional) check collections page for all energy weapons since elements are static now, you might have a gun that is a different element. If you delete this gun, you won't get it back with that same element. Up to you, if this does not bother you, just delete all Year 1 guns period.
- Delete all Year 1 armor

- Skullfort is great with new subclass, just replace shoulder charge with death from above

- Not long, just kill enemies and collect the items. This unlocks your first class of your choice. To unlock the second and third, you need Seeds of Light available from the Dreaming City, or the first encounter of the Raid. Next week is "curse week" which means you can potentially get Seeds 2 and 3 at the same time in the Dreaming City.
Thanks, probably should have digged alil deeper before I unlocked the first subclass.

rangersfan414

Oct 27, 2017
When should I be infusing gear?

I just hit power level 505 and have absolutely no understanding of how infusion works in Destiny 2.

Dec 2, 2017
Aight, guess I'm going for it. How long is Mayhem staying, since I don't really mind losing in a fun mode lol. Do u also only get double/triple valor if u play Iron Banner or does it count for all modes? I also read something about getting a 4 or 5 winstreak in quickplay and then head to competitive to gain extra valor and not losing ur winstreak if u lose. Does that still work?

Gonna be such a long grind. Luckily playing Mayhem gives like 10+ essence of Dawning each game.

Alternate take:

Mayhem is awful after about three matches, just like Redrix. There is absolutely no reason to go for it outside of completionism. It's not a good PvP weapon, its base archetype simply doesn't fire fast enough to be competitive.

It's okay as a PvE weapon, but the desperado perk will tire you out quickly and you'll notice that you almost never see it in the wild. There's a whole list of things people use ahead of it in that slot. Go for the Breakneck instead.

If you're still determined to tick off that box, 5 resets actually isn't hard to do over the course of three months if you're a regular Crucible player. Triple valor weekends will get you there quickly. Most (not all) of the other requirements will come in the flow of play, as long as you're conscious of what the next step is. It's really not worth forcing yourself to feel like you're grinding for it - there's a reason you never see it.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
When should I be infusing gear?

I just hit power level 505 and have absolutely no understanding of how infusion works in Destiny 2.
Infusion is pretty expensive in terms of resources so only do it for weapons that have rolls you love. Keep in mind this rule, if you infuse an item with the same item, it only costs 5k glimmer.

For armor, what I did was keep 1 piece of each set (Forsaken on, not old stuff) on me and if I got a new drop of the same piece I would check the perks. If the perks were better on the new piece and the light was higher then just dismantle the old piece. If the perks were better on the old piece then infuse the new one into the old one for only 5k glimmer.

For weapons, just always keep the highest light level weapon you have whether you like it or not on you, not in your vault. Only infuse a non same weapon into a weapon if you love that weapon and need it for an encounter that requires highest light. (for you there really isn't much out there that you need to worry about light level so you can probably just use your favorite weapon no matter what the light is)

Keep in mind, a lot of content it doesn't really matter what light level you are or what one particular weapon or armor piece is, only for end game content it does. So if your favorite weapon is 5, 10, 20 light lower than your new pickups, that probably doesn't matter for what you are doing. You can still use your favorite weapons. You can do normal crucible*, strikes, planet stuff**, etc, at your light with no issues (For Gambit, light level only matters when dealing with invaders but I wouldn't worry about that too much either).

Save up your resources needed for infusion for when you are ready to make Raid builds and Forge builds where light level matters. Until then, just do what I outlined above and you'll only be out of 5k glimmer here and there.

(*iron banner light level matters)
(** Once you get to the dreaming city you'll want to be your highest light)

Dec 2, 2017
Got Wings of Sacred Dawn from Xur. Not quite sure about these things yet...Attunement of Sky lets you keep moving while shooting in the air, which seems more valuable. Does this exotic grant better accuracy than that?

rangersfan414

Oct 27, 2017
Infusion is pretty expensive in terms of resources so only do it for weapons that have rolls you love. Keep in mind this rule, if you infuse an item with the same item, it only costs 5k glimmer.

For armor, what I did was keep 1 piece of each set (Forsaken on, not old stuff) on me and if I got a new drop of the same piece I would check the perks. If the perks were better on the new piece and the light was higher then just dismantle the old piece. If the perks were better on the old piece then infuse the new one into the old one for only 5k glimmer.

For weapons, just always keep the highest light level weapon you have whether you like it or not on you, not in your vault. Only infuse a non same weapon into a weapon if you love that weapon and need it for an encounter that requires highest light. (for you there really isn't much out there that you need to worry about light level so you can probably just use your favorite weapon no matter what the light is)

Keep in mind, a lot of content it doesn't really matter what light level you are or what one particular weapon or armor piece is, only for end game content it does. So if your favorite weapon is 5, 10, 20 light lower than your new pickups, that probably doesn't matter for what you are doing. You can still use your favorite weapons. You can do normal crucible*, strikes, planet stuff**, etc, at your light with no issues (For Gambit, light level only matters when dealing with invaders but I wouldn't worry about that too much either).

Save up your resources needed for infusion for when you are ready to make Raid builds and Forge builds where light level matters. Until then, just do what I outlined above and you'll only be out of 5k glimmer here and there.

(*iron banner light level matters)
(** Once you get to the dreaming city you'll want to be your highest light)

Thank you for the detailed info. This is super useful.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
How often do you have to grind out powerful enemies for these Ada weapon shells or whatever? Is it only for the first time for an archetype? For example the once I get forge a machine gun, if I pick it again from Ada will I have to farm again or can I just go straight to the forge and if I complete it, earn another?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You have to finish the last couple steps, including the Radiant Seeds. Just go to a Tangled Shore Cryo Pod encounter and you should finish it pretty quickly.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Yay I go do the gambit daily for some pow gear, a 313 helmet drops, I already have a 314 helmet, yay!

Anyways, this forge business seems confusing...I beat the initial forge ignition, what will happen if I go back and beat that again?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Does the 1st encounter of the new raid drop the seeds (chance I know) too? Or just Last Wish?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Alternate take:

Mayhem is awful after about three matches, just like Redrix. There is absolutely no reason to go for it outside of completionism. It's not a good PvP weapon, its base archetype simply doesn't fire fast enough to be competitive.

It's okay as a PvE weapon, but the desperado perk will tire you out quickly and you'll notice that you almost never see it in the wild. There's a whole list of things people use ahead of it in that slot. Go for the Breakneck instead.

If you're still determined to tick off that box, 5 resets actually isn't hard to do over the course of three months if you're a regular Crucible player. Triple valor weekends will get you there quickly. Most (not all) of the other requirements will come in the flow of play, as long as you're conscious of what the next step is. It's really not worth forcing yourself to feel like you're grinding for it - there's a reason you never see it.

What if it ever gets buffer tho?! Need only 8 more Gambit games for Breakneck. Might as well grab that gun and see how far I can go in crucible when the double/triple valor is active.

Edit: oh and fck Xur. I already don't get any exotic drops. No need to disappoint me further lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.