• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Word coming back absolves Budgie of all sins.

It had better be decent.

Oct 28, 2017
It's Call of Duty with powers.

At least Gambit is fun.

CoD is actually well designed though.
Destiny PvP is getting one shot by people teleporting across the map on the laggiest servers created by humans who are a whole clan group against a bunch of random players every single fucking time.
Also, getting killed the instant you spawn, and terrible weapon balance. Made by the company that made Halo.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So I heard you like Resets,

3 week cycle begins again.

Scorn back to being the enemy in the blind well
The Dungeon dissspears for 3 weeks.

Does this mean the Malfeance quest goes away as well?

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all the weapons from Destiny 1 coming back (nothing wrong with it at all), Bungie should seriously make sure that everything carries over to Destiny 3. Nobody wants to start over all over again and I am willing to bet a lot of the devs and artists don't want to redesign and redo some weapons 2-3 times.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I heard you like Resets,

3 week cycle begins again.

Scorn back to being the enemy in the blind well
The Dungeon dissspears for 3 weeks.

Does this mean the Malfeance quest goes away as well?
Supposedly the Ascendant Primevil's spawn rate just becomes lower (LOL). But you should be able to progress the quest.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Destiny PvP is getting one shot by people teleporting across the map on the laggiest servers created by humans who are a whole clan group against a bunch of random players every single fucking time.
Also, getting killed the instant you spawn, and terrible weapon balance. Made by the company that made Halo.

My experience in cod is pretty terrible. Guy better than me kills me 5 times so he gets rewarded with an airship which kills me from the sky. Terrible design.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I havent played since a week after the raid was beat.

Did anything get patched since?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the members on ResetEra. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Sou Da. From what I can gather, he commands the thread whiners from an Imperial Land Tank just outside of Hangouts thread. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on the Videogames thread.
Terrible meme, but it slays me every time

giphy.gif

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The better player should win though. Not the most broken class or weapon.

Im not sure what you are referring to

As of right now we have one of the most balanced metas the game has seen in a long time. Almost all primaries can kill between .7 to .9 seconds if you are accurate and some even faster

Special ammo is limited. Heavy even more so

I hate how leveling is handled now, so many have no idea how to push to 600.

Destiny-2-Infographic-Power-Level-600.png

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who told you it was coming back?

Receipts, show them.
Check leak in Op
Yea, this was confirmed by dmg. Malf boss is even rarer after reset. Glad I got that shit done.
I think I have accepted I will never get that quest to drop. Literally no guarantees that even if it spawns, this is assuming:
  1. I beat the primeevil before the other team
  2. Beating the primeevil first actually counts as a win for our team and not the other (see glitch on Reddit)
  3. Other team doesn't quit in the middle of the summoning

There are too many confunding variables to make this a fair quest to drop

Deleted member 4541

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to get my rewards from Ikora & Hawthorne before I logged off last night.. does stuff still auto decrypt into our inventory or did that change with Forsaken?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So happy to hear the Last Word is coming back then had an anxiety attack, can you imagine the grind and the quest this will require under the Bungle's new direction?

mou.png

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at this just makes me angry. I don't get why they make the leveling mechanics so obtuse and difficult.

Whats difficult about it

They said the reward thresholds go up as you move on to the tougher activities

Powerful engrams can still give gains past soft cap but the basic thing is that you need to be in Dreaming City, Raiding, or Nightfalls to get the big boosts.

Or just play casually and go up with Clan Engrams and Prime Engrams over time.

Ive had no issue with this system combining casual play with endgame pursuits. Basically if you want to hit 600 you have to be pushing through the toughest content

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
The better player should win though. Not the most broken class or weapon.

In Destiny PvP it's skill + experience in the form of sweet loot.

It's pretty fun right now, a lot of viable weapons/exotic armor. I do think there should be a no-super mode though. But COD killstreaks are way dumber. At least everyone gets a min/max of 1-3 supers per game that often grab you no more than 2 or 3 kills. Getting killstreaks is like "oh hey, you're destroying the other team? Lets get you in this plane and go drop bombs on targeted enemies for 30 seconds so they all get 10 times more destroyed."

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If Malf's quest is like this... i can only imagine what TLW's quest will be!!! lol shit.

And yeah it had better have fan the hammer hip-fire and some amazing range while ADS'ing. Fav weapon of all time...

No hyperbole, TLW nerfs made me quite PvP for a long time in D1. That gun was pure bliss, and the cries for nerfs were really unfounded. Took actual skill to use it to it's full potential.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Man forget about TLW. Now that snipers are back in their correct slot, I want my Cheesebreaker back.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
PVP is amazing right now. Maybe the new warlock void super is a bit too strong but skilled players are able to counter it. Shotguns are strong but you can overplay them. I'm switching between Pulse Auto and Hand Cannon right now and i'm always able to compete. Hopefully they'll fix Scout Rifle which are pure trash right now.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Between the orbs glitching in shattered throne preventing me from completing the wishender quest, well over 100 gambit matches without the servitor spawning, and topping off the last 2 days with the nightingale error preventing me from logging in, it was a pretty disappointing week.

Oct 27, 2017
Grinded out my weekly Gambit and got jack shit to help my sorry 525-ish Guardian. You should put that Not All Powerful Engrams Are Equal graphic somewhere in the OP for reference. I thought it said that the Weekly stuff was all good but I probably misremembered.

Heh. I just hit 525 after grinding dailies and bounties and I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

I was able to hold my own in PvP with white and green weapons until i was lvl 22. It is fine. I am on PC, tho.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PVP is amazing right now. Maybe the new warlock void super is a bit too strong but skilled players are able to counter it. Shotguns are strong but you can overplay them. I'm switching between Pulse Auto and Hand Cannon right now and i'm always able to compete. Hopefully they'll fix Scout Rifle which are pure trash right now.
Give me warlock void over blade barrage anyday. I can play around warlocks popping super. Blade barrage is just "oh you were going to kill me well enjoy this move you have no way of stopping while I kill everything in screen with the press of a button".

No hyperbole, TLW nerfs made me quite PvP for a long time in D1. That gun was pure bliss, and the cries for nerfs were really unfounded. Took actual skill to use it to it's full potential.
I loved the last word too but took skill to use? Nah. You should had to unload and it would decimate people. It needed a nerf, even if I had a blast using it while it was OP.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Whats difficult about it

They said the reward thresholds go up as you move on to the tougher activities

Powerful engrams can still give gains past soft cap but the basic thing is that you need to be in Dreaming City, Raiding, or Nightfalls to get the big boosts.

Or just play casually and go up with Clan Engrams and Prime Engrams over time.

Ive had no issue with this system combining casual play with endgame pursuits. Basically if you want to hit 600 you have to be pushing through the toughest content

I just wish you got Powerful Engrams from multiple sources-and the Powerful Engrams each granted the same level multiple. I don't understand the reluctance to do so. Even if someone were to level up to 600 (oh no!!) there's still plenty of old gear to level up afterwards from subsequent Powerful Gear. I'm just tired to constantly getting low level boots that does nothing to raise my light level. It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong, when I'm not.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at this just makes me angry. I don't get why they make the leveling mechanics so obtuse and difficult.

Yeah - light leveling is a mess. Forever 29 was bad, but at least you could tell people in one sentence how to get those last couple of light levels "Do the raid and hope for good RNG."

I feel completely in the dark how to light level now playing Warmind and having not purchased Forsaken. I just keep doing Milestones.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Again why is there no edge transit in the OT?

Also when are they gonna fix that bug

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally 545. The suffering will begin now, isnt it

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the last word too but took skill to use? Nah. You should had to unload and it would decimate people. It needed a nerf, even if I had a blast using it while it was OP.
It took skill to use absolutely, I know too many people who tried it and couldn't handle the quick fire hip fire and benched it because of that.

It was OP in the hands of a skilled player in some situations, but that's something else.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base

its designed to make you play the content over and over again. The loot pool just isn't large or random enough. I enjoy the slower grind, it still takes some time each week instead of how it was at launch and you could get all power engrams at reset and be done until the next.

I hit 560 last night thanks to the Shattered Throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.