• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
No one likes throwing their hammer as the new Solar Titan? :(

I love it

Black Armory Devotee bounty... Hmmm

Forge has yet to have a Kinetic weapon

Hmmm

Wasted

That's a 2 week bounty, we should have time to get whatever guns drop from Izanami Forge. Or, you can run the new raid, the kinetics there count for this bounty.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got a Forsaken Exotic weapon(non-quest that is). So far I'd only gotten the good Titan exotics.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
Well. Tried LW for the first time with a group of randoms from discord. Most of us had never done the raid before and in my case I went completely blind.
A little bit over two hours and all we could do was beat Kalli and do the orb part on Shuro. Sadly someone had to leave. Shit can be so stressful. People starts getting angry when things don work out and makes it all the more difficult. It was pretty fun though, I'm happy I got to experience this content.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got this beauty in Gambit earlier.

8J5DBFo.jpg

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I'm not very good at Crucible, but come on, do I really have to LFG even for quickplay? I just want my Redrix.

7eOiv0L.png

I think there is one kinetic pulse rifle called blast furnace.

My favorite was arc, then void, then solar.

Oh yeah, my bad, there's a bow and a pulse rifle. Let's hope the pulse is part of next weeks forge.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not very good at Crucible, but come on, do I really have to LFG even for quickplay? I just want my Redrix.

7eOiv0L.png

Oh yeah, my bad, there's a bow and a pulse rifle. Let's hope the pulse is part of next weeks forge.
Play rumble and get third place, it counts as a win. Or you can wait till Iron Banner rolls in, thats when double/triple valor is in effect.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a raid fusion that disorients enemies when I destroy their shields, while also increasing kinetic damage when their shield is destroyed. Bruvs, I have found me an EMP.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Just got a raid fusion that disorients enemies when I destroy their shields, while also increasing kinetic damage when their shield is destroyed. Bruvs, I have found me an EMP.

i´ve got the Forge energy automatic rifle with those perks, it shreds shielded enemies

Game decided to drop Shards of Galanor for me yesterday.

This is fun.

finally got those too, was a reward from a heroic adventure daily .-)

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Malfeasance last night thanks to the Queenbreaker. Got two team wipes in two games and I suck at invading. That was quite satisfying lol.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared the new raid on all characters. Fun raid, quick and easy too. No shotgun sparrow or anarchy for me unfortunately. Next week though

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Only used for one match so I have limited experience with it but I was out of ammo before I knew it and aside from the heavy attack I don't really see a lot of utility with it. I guess the homing heavy attack would work well against invaders. Perhaps I just need to use it more.

Oh yeah. Oh yeahhhh.

With a single sword scavenger perk you can get something like 20 ammo from the heavy box, which is like 7 heavy swings.

The Heape

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared the new raid on all characters. Fun raid, quick and easy too. No shotgun sparrow or anarchy for me unfortunately. Next week though
Same here I did gett the curated shotgun and another plus the curated fusion, but I am confident it will take me more than a month to get the sparrow and the anarchy though. Still no 1kv after 30 clears of LW. I had a friend get both the anarchy and the sparrow on his first run though, all though that makes him not my friend any more.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Also one group tried the "cheese" and holy shit is it terrible, please leave a group if they even consider bringing this up as a strategy. The boss dies so quick if you do it "Correctly" using CAP and pulse synergy.

Nov 14, 2017
I'll second rumble as your best bet. If you can maintain a 1.4k/d then you should be able to finish top 3 most of the time, plus the matches are usually over quicker too - I find they tend to finish in 3 or 4 mins, whereas quickplay often drags on for the full 10 mins.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I'll second rumble as your best bet. If you can maintain a 1.4k/d then you should be able to finish top 3 most of the time, plus the matches are usually over quicker too - I find they tend to finish in 3 or 4 mins, whereas quickplay often drags on for the full 10 mins.
Played a match of rumble, won with a 3.33 K/D. 13/20 kills with Ikelos SG. Seems good. I felt bad.
Glory reward is lower though isn't it?

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Also one group tried the "cheese" and holy shit is it terrible, please leave a group if they even consider bringing this up as a strategy. The boss dies so quick if you do it "Correctly" using CAP and pulse synergy.

I second this. Was with a group trying the cheese, just wasted so much time and had a much easier/better time doing it legit. This encounter isn't like Riven either where you'd be saving a ton of time if you mastered this shortcut vs the normal way of doing it.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Played a match of rumble, won with a 3.33 K/D. 13/20 kills with Ikelos SG. Seems good. I felt bad.
Glory reward is lower though isn't it?

Glory is competitive. You get the same amount of Valor for a win as QP or IB. The difference is you only have to get top 3, not "win" like in QP or IB so its easier to keep a streak going.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I reunited with that one guy I met on LFG with the speech impediment I played with in the hilariously bad Riven fight months back and as soon as I reminded him who I was he immediately left.

You little shit. I thought we were friends.

Oct 28, 2017
Finished up Scourge tonight. Great raid, had a ton of fun doing it.

The cheese is kinda dumb though, after being in a PUG that only wanted to do cheese for two hours and failing miserably, I got into a group that wanted to do it legit and did it on second try.

Nov 14, 2017
Finished up Scourge tonight. Great raid, had a ton of fun doing it.

The cheese is kinda dumb though, after being in a PUG that only wanted to do cheese for two hours and failing miserably, I got into a group that wanted to do it legit and did it on second try.
Not done the cheese, but the part that it skips (second big dude, essentially) isn't hard. Having to do a res just before damage phase would make that fight harder, and the only reason you'd want to do it is to speed run.

Dec 2, 2017
Everyone obsesses over linear fusions in Gambit, but sniper rifles are so underrated. They can invade, defend, take out blockers and give you something to dps with if you find yourself on a team who can't get their act together and you can't get close. All with a way better ammo economy.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Everyone obsesses over linear fusions in Gambit, but sniper rifles are so underrated. They can invade, defend, take out blockers and give you something to dps with if you find yourself on a team who can't get their act together and you can't get close. All with a way better ammo economy.

Don't get me wrong, snipers are really fun in Gambit. Especially since the encounters encourage long range engagements for invasions, and special ammo is much more readily available.

The reasons folk use Linear Fusions is just how easy they are to use compared to snipers. Bungie increased their already asinine aim assist value in a previous patch. Queenbreaker's reticle can be completely off the desired target, for example, and still nail a headshot. Snipers, on the other hand, must actually have a semblance of real aim.

My two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.