• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2017
Don't get me wrong, snipers are really fun in Gambit. Especially since the encounters encourage long range engagements for invasions, and special ammo is much more readily available.

The reasons folk use Linear Fusions is just how easy they are to use compared to snipers. Bungie increased their already asinine aim assist value in a previous patch. Queenbreaker's reticle can be completely off the desired target, for example, and still nail a headshot. Snipers, on the other hand, must actually have a semblance of real aim.

My two cents.
Your two cents are quite correct; I won't lie it took me a while to work up to even being able to use one (and I still have a long way to go). A sniper also takes an Ikelos out of your hands, so some might argue it's just not part of the meta.

But I've had rounds where heavy just never drops for me, or it drops late. But I'm never afraid of an invader if I have a sniper in my hands.

And if I need to make an emergency invasion without heavy I feel confident I can at least do some damage without having to run up on people.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up getting the Trinity Ghoul as a powerful drop. Easy to say, that was good infusion fodder, cause that weapon ain't worth shit (at least in my hands).

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
after 30 legit Riven runs without 1k voices, i decided to go random grp with cluster bomb, had 2 keys: opened first chest, got the voices, opened second chest and got another voices...just lol

Hunter-Zero

Oct 28, 2017
Don't get me wrong, snipers are really fun in Gambit. Especially since the encounters encourage long range engagements for invasions, and special ammo is much more readily available.

The reasons folk use Linear Fusions is just how easy they are to use compared to snipers. Bungie increased their already asinine aim assist value in a previous patch. Queenbreaker's reticle can be completely off the desired target, for example, and still nail a headshot. Snipers, on the other hand, must actually have a semblance of real aim.

My two cents.

Indeed, i always play with sniper + a crooked fang, and its almost night and day, i have to actually aim with my bite of the fox, on the other hand, my crooked fang with opening shot and targeting adjuster is just stupid, you aim in their general direction and i swear that some shots curve to hit people in the head.

Queenbreaker is even worse.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay something weird happened just now and I think I lost some items because of this o.o I've been getting into Destiny 2 with a bunch of friends lately and we are all surprised at how much we enjoy the game after being pretty soured on the first game after the beta. Last evening we finally also realized how the reputation-system works and we farmed enough things on Nessus to each get really cool equip and Engrams. So I just realized I must have tons of rep on Titan too, go to Sloane and sure enough have enough rep for two level ups. I get gear and two Engrams, then I actually wanted to turn the game off again but saw the walker event was nearby with a bunch of players too so I figured I would quickly snag it too. As I run towards the event my game crashes (on PC) so I boot it up again and find that I still have the items I got from Sloane but my two Engrams aren't there, I guess these are lost now due to the crash? :/

And what's also weird, I saw there's Crucible Reputation I can give at the Farm too, so I raise a level but can't select a reward:

xSLAayK.png

The reward icon is empty as you can see and clicking it does nothing, restarting the game doesn't fix it either, is my account borked or am I just being dumb?

Dec 2, 2017
Okay something weird happened just now and I think I lost some items because of this o.o I've been getting into Destiny 2 with a bunch of friends lately and we are all surprised at how much we enjoy the game after being pretty soured on the first game after the beta. Last evening we finally also realized how the reputation-system works and we farmed enough things on Nessus to each get really cool equip and Engrams. So I just realized I must have tons of rep on Titan too, go to Sloane and sure enough have enough rep for two level ups. I get gear and two Engrams, then I actually wanted to turn the game off again but saw the walker event was nearby with a bunch of players too so I figured I would quickly snag it too. As I run towards the event my game crashes (on PC) so I boot it up again and find that I still have the items I got from Sloane but my two Engrams aren't there, I guess these are lost now due to the crash? :/

And what's also weird, I saw there's Crucible Reputation I can give at the Farm too, so I raise a level but can't select a reward:

xSLAayK.png

The reward icon is empty as you can see and clicking it does nothing, restarting the game doesn't fix it either, is my account borked or am I just being dumb?

Can't help you with the engrams but I wouldn't sweat it, you'll get many many many more and they'll be much better.

The Crucible reward thing confuses everybody, I have no idea why they did it that way, but you have to finish the campaign first. It'll make sense (sort of) when you do.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Can't help you with the engrams but I wouldn't sweat it, you'll get many many many more and they'll be much better.

The Crucible reward thing confuses everybody, I have no idea why they did it that way, but you have to finish the campaign first. It'll make sense (sort of) when you do.

Yeah I figured I was just surprised that the game has no failsafe system for crashes like this but ah well yeah onto the next ones!

And ah okay alright good to know that it isn't my character or account then, yeah they could have handled that better with a text-box saying "Come back after you finish the main-story" but it's no big deal now that I know, thanks! :)

Also I totally wish Failsafe could be your Ghost :P But I have to say I'm starting to really like the Ghost, initially I wasn't sure what to think of him but as the story progresses I think he's awesome!

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get a freaking Forsaken exotic already lol I'm salty as fuck.
I've been playing since launch and I've only had 2 Forsaken exotics drop for me, anyone with with similar levels of "luck"?

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I've been playing since launch and I've only had 2 Forsaken exotics drop for me, anyone with with similar levels of "luck"?
I feel you.

Bungie drip drip drip strategy is actually pissing more people off.

I know some elitist minority like it this way, but the majority like us hates this new drip drip approach to the point of taking a break or flat out qutting

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Obviously you're just not dedicated enough /s

At least Xur bounties are coming in 2019, presumably that may provide some RNG protection but no one knows what they are yet.

OmegaSkittle

Apr 25, 2018

xSLAayK.png

Same thing happened to me. I believe after completing the base D2 story missions unlocks the Engram in there.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I feel you.

I know some elitist minority like it this way, but the majority like us hates this new drip drip approach to the point of taking a break or flat out qutting

since Black Armory update the exotics are dropping like candy for me and other people i play with...just do your milestones and they will come. and the "drip drip" approach is the best that can happen to this game, there is atleast something new to do for a while which fits this game better than one big content drop and then nothing for months

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
since Black Armory update the exotics are dropping like candy for me and other people i play with...just do your milestones and they will come. and the "drip drip" approach is the best that can happen to this game, there is atleast something new to do for a while which fits this game better than one big content drop and then nothing for months
I do, on multiple characters, all I get are Y1 Dupes. Meanwhile Xur is a dick.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally finished the Forsaken main campaign and just unlocked the Dreaming City yesterday. Is there anything else I should do that I might not know about? As in any exotic quests or special content? I'm slowly working on Ace of Spades, just started the crucible portion of the quest line.

Speaking of Exotic Quests, how do I get the Thunderlord heavy machine gun quest line?

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
So I finally finished the Forsaken main campaign and just unlocked the Dreaming City yesterday. Is there anything else I should do that I might not know about? As in any exotic quests or special content? I'm slowly working on Ace of Spades, just started the crucible portion of the quest line.

Speaking of Exotic Quests, how do I get the Thunderlord heavy machine gun quest line?

Whisper of the Worm. Go get it.

There's also Mida Multi Tool/Mini Tool, Strum, Drang, Rat King, Legend of Acrius, Polaris Lance, Sleeper Simulant (go get this one too), Wordline Zero (lol) and Wish Ender (only available to get every third week, when DC curse is strongest, so thats from tomorrow until next Tuesday).
Non-exotic quests (these are also known as pinnacle weapons) are Breakneck, Loaded Question, The Mountaintop, Redrix's Broadsword, Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten

Thunderlord quest is over, i think.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Whisper of the Worm. Go get it.

There's also Mida Multi Tool/Mini Tool, Strum, Drang, Rat King, Legend of Acrius, Polaris Lance, Sleeper Simulant (go get this one too), Wordline Zero (lol) and Wish Ender (only available to get every third week, when DC curse is strongest, so thats from tomorrow until next Tuesday).
Non-exotic quests (these are also known as pinnacle weapons) are Breakneck, Loaded Question, The Mountaintop, Redrix's Broadsword, Luna's Howl and Not Forgotten

Thunderlord quest is over, i think.
Thanks for the info, ill check those out now! I have a few of them already, only because I played alot before Forsaken. Just took a long break after Curse of Osiris for school.

You can't - it was only available during halloween. Now it's in the loot pool and you have to hope for it to drop. Unfortunate
Ok, that makes sense then.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the info, ill check those out now! I have a few of them already, only because I played alot before Forsaken. Just took a long break after Curse of Osiris for school.

Ok, that makes sense then.

Ah, ok. Since CoO they've only added a few. Whisper, Polaris, Sleeper and Wordline with Warmind and besides the non-exotic ones, only Ace and Wish Ender with Forsaken. They are all pretty good, besides Wordline, there's like zero reason to use that over any other heavy.
Can I still get the Sleeper Stimulant if I skipped over the Warmind DLC?
I'm not sure, actually. If you can do the two missions required to get Ikelos then you can. If not, then you would have to do Warmind. It's actually not a bad DLC. Far better than CoO.

I almost forgot about Ikelos weapons, try to get Ikelos SG when it's available. It's from Escalation Protocols and only drops on certain weeks.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure, actually. If you can do the two missions required to get Ikelos then you can. If not, then you would have to do Warmind. It's actually not a bad DLC. Far better than CoO.

I almost forgot about Ikelos weapons, try to get Ikelos SG when it's available. It's from Escalation Protocols and only drops on certain weeks.
Just found a guide for how to get it Post Forsaken. Thanks for the help!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I actually really like Malfeasance - wasn't too blown away at first, but it tears through yellow bars in the forge

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ayo, fuck RNG rolls for Black Armory/Ada-1 mods.

This shit is so silly and dumb, actually.

Why does everything have to be layered RNG? Mod components are already super-fucking expensive. Why does getting the mod you actually wanted have to be an exercise in RNG on top of that? 10 mods cost what? 250 gunsmith mats? That's up to 84 dismantled legendary weapons/armor (RNG mod drops from dismantles notwithstanding)! For a single Ada-1 RNG mod.

I'm sure some of you have had better RNG luck, but far I've received:

3x Quick Access Sling (okay but not something I'm looking for atm)
3x Surrounded (I currently have no weapons with Surrounded on them that I'd want to put this on)
1x Radar Booster (eh)
1x Sprint Grip (pretty great for PvP, but I only have 1 of these)
1x Dragonfly Spec (yes, please. Only having 1 causes paralysis of analysis)
0x Rampage Spec (yes, please for Orchid, Breakneck, and similar. Have had none drop yet)

And I can realistically only open 1 of these per day. 2 if I'm feeling dangerous. Ideally I'd like a few more Dragonfly Spec, a few more Sprint Grip, and maybe 4x or 5x Rampage spec. The rest I'm very indifferent towards currently. I'd much rather these be on some sort of purchase rotation like regular mods are with Banshee than via pulling the RNG slot machine lever once a day, being disappointed and having to wait a whole day to pull it again.

IDK. Just frustrated.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ayo, fuck RNG rolls for Black Armory/Ada-1 mods.

This shit is so silly and dumb, actually.

Why does everything have to be layered RNG? Mod components are already super-fucking expensive. Why does getting the mod you actually wanted have to be an exercise in RNG on top of that? 10 mods cost what? 250 gunsmith mats? That's up to 84 dismantled legendary weapons/armor (RNG mod drops from dismantles notwithstanding)! For a single Ada-1 RNG mod.

I'm sure some of you have had better RNG luck, but far I've received:

3x Quick Access Sling (okay but not something I'm looking for atm)
3x Surrounded (I currently have no weapons with Surrounded on them that I'd want to put this on)
1x Radar Booster (eh)
1x Sprint Grip (pretty great for PvP, but I only have 1 of these)
1x Dragonfly Spec (yes, please. Only having 1 causes paralysis of analysis)
0x Rampage Spec (yes, please for Orchid, Breakneck, and similar. Have had none drop yet)

And I can realistically only open 1 of these per day. 2 if I'm feeling dangerous. Ideally I'd like a few more Dragonfly Spec, a few more Sprint Grip, and maybe 4x or 5x Rampage spec. The rest I'm very indifferent towards currently. I'd much rather these be on some sort of purchase rotation like regular mods are with Banshee than via pulling the RNG slot machine lever once a day, being disappointed and having to wait a whole day to pull it again.

IDK. Just frustrated.

Helps the streamers keep a steady revenue stream.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

I can see your tinfoil hat from here - it's hanging out with your locked away 1KV

They need to adjust the mod components cost for sure. It's already a rare currency.
I think it should be adjusted to 5 Mod Components (Set Cost) + the Black Armory Components (Increasing Cost) considering you get around 3 per dismantle from a gun that drops from Forge.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see your tinfoil hat from here - it's hanging out with your locked away 1KV

They need to adjust the mod components cost for sure. It's already a rare currency.
I think it should be adjusted to 5 Mod Components (Set Cost) + the Black Armory Components (Increasing Cost) considering you get around 3 per dismantle from a gun that drops from Forge.

Not tinfoil at all - while the Summit rendered some good results most of them depend on Destiny to keep the money flowing. All of them want the game to be grindy because they are paid to play and can do it all day. I have been a huge proponent of a happy medium. Something like we had with ROI.

Bungie swung way too far in the other direction and really deflated my hype. They've had it right before and can do it again.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm getting less Prime engrams since the update than I was before.

Just got LL560 but it's becoming too painful to grind.

It's like they don't want me to buy the annual pass

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
and our RNG drop until the next reset - another Radar Booster.

It's like they're going out of their way to make this less enjoyable. 10 mods crafted and I've received only 1 that I actually wanted.

Is there a way to farm gunsmith materials? Because I'm getting quite low and worrying about it isn't fun at all.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's like they're going out of their way to make this less enjoyable. 10 mods crafted and I've received only 1 that I actually wanted.

Is there a way to farm gunsmith materials? Because I'm getting quite low and worrying about it isn't fun at all.

Grinding a repeatable activity that drops weapons. I have around 29k GS materials, but the conversion rate for the new mods is a COMPLETE ripoff. I can do without them. Have no idea why Bungie's economy people are out to screw us so hard.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
And just like that, I just received my first exotic in 3 weeks or so: a Year 1 exotic that I already had which is one light level higher than my current equiped weapon, improved prime engrams my ass.
I feel you.

I liked how it was done in Destiny 1 Y1, rare but not impossible to get, this shit right here is just not fun anymore. I'm also considering just shelving this game till something worthwhile happens.

Obviously you're just not dedicated enough /s

At least Xur bounties are coming in 2019, presumably that may provide some RNG protection but no one knows what they are yet.
I'm not expecting anything that will up my chances of getting a Forsaken exotic considerably, it'll probably be like that fireteam medallion that does jack shit or some stupid stuff like legendary shards as the rewards.

Oct 27, 2017

I've said it since the beginning of D2, the mod system is the last place where RNG should rear it's (at times) ugly head. It's why they got rid of it from the Gunsmith , why they brought it back is just, well, whatever the reason...it's a dumb one.

We want to mod our weapons a specific way, just let us do that as that's what modding is all about to begin with. Make it expensive if you want to buy them (you already have) but let us buy what we want. At the very least make it just like the Gunsmith system where he sells two specific mods per day.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
just look at your friends's list and clan roster, active participants have shrunk.

even on Saturday and Sunday. Active friends and clanmates are down.

Forsaken and the changes it brought was the best thing that could have happened to this game. It's actually enjoyable now.

My friends list hasn't been this active since D2's launch.

Not tinfoil at all - while the Summit rendered some good results most of them depend on Destiny to keep the money flowing. All of them want the game to be grindy because they are paid to play and can do it all day. I have been a huge proponent of a happy medium. Something like we had with ROI.

Bungie swung way too far in the other direction and really deflated my hype. They've had it right before and can do it again.

I'm no streamer and I think the game is pretty great right now. I didn't get paid to say that. No money flowing.

There's nothing forcing you to do everything possible in the game every week. Play as much or as little as you want to.

Also complaining about the mod economy when you have 29,000 gunsmith materials makes zero sense to me.

Conscience

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Read confirmation that the character booster was working with class achievements again so I deleted my old Titan and made a new one as they were my most underutilized and Zavala's Lieutenant is the only base game cheevo I've yet to unlock. Popped it, made a new titan and did the swap profiles trick in an attempt to trigger it but no dice. I've unlocked all the subclasses and done a handful of missions but it doesn't even say "unlocking".

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Total noob here.
I played the base game until I rescued that robo dude from the tutorial on the red and white planet.
Uhhh, does the game get better from now on? It's not bad but not particularly exiting as well. I run around, shoot enemies, occasionally participate in public events and do story missions in between.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
And just like that, I just received my first exotic in 3 weeks or so: a Year 1 exotic that I already had which is one light level higher than my current equiped weapon, improved prime engrams my ass.

They just upped their drop rate for players below 600. Primes still suck, they are literally just an infusion fuel, most of the time for slots you don't need infusing.

I played the base game until I rescued that robo dude from the tutorial on the red and white planet.
Uhh, what?

Uhhh, does the game get better from now on? It's not bad but not particularly exiting as well. I run around, shoot enemies, occasionally participate in public events and do story missions in between.
Maybe? The story is pretty boring, I have two characters on which I need to run through it again to get them to 50 and I can't be bothered to do it. Once you finish the story you just play some activities over and over in hopes of a better gear. It's fun, and gets very exciting, especially in Raids where you group up with 5 other people and have to solve challenges that require team work and beat bosses but If you were expecting a game focused on story then this ain't it.
Might not be the best explanation but it is what it is, a grind.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
They just upped their drop rate for players below 600. Primes still suck, they are literally just an infusion fuel, most of the time for slots you don't need infusing.

Uhh, what?

Maybe? The story is pretty boring, I have two characters on which I need to run through it again to get them to 50 and I can't be bothered to do it. Once you finish the story you just play some activities over and over in hopes of a better gear. It's fun, and gets very exciting, especially in Raids where you group up with 5 other people and have to solve challenges that require team work and beat bosses but If you were expecting a game focused on story then this ain't it.
Might not be the best explanation but it is what it is, a grind.
He's on Nessus when Cayde is trapped in the Vex loop shortly after you meet Failsafe

Status
Not open for further replies.