• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Le Monarque seems to only be dropping if you saved a frame from last week, definitely a bug

Dec 2, 2017
I have 870 Avalanches and I don't even care because they'll never be as good as the Hammerhead anyway. I tossed 2 or 3 in the vault as collector's items and the rest just get dismantled for Xur food. It mainly exists as a bone thrown to players without the season pass.

I do agree that Crucible bounties in particular feel pointless this season though. The armor can't drop with enhanced perks, so why would I ever use it? There's one new weapon and it's a substandard shotgun nobody needs. I already have every possible roll on the old stuff. Literally the only reason to have those bounties clog up space on my pursuits tab is to get legendary shards.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Yet another step.

Fallen multi-precision kills, some taken blight thing on Io and some other shit on Nessus...

Christ

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

What if I always thought Curse was unfairly maligned, regardless of my opinion of Season of the Forge?

Because that topic has been beaten like a dead horse

After reading your criticisms of Black Armory I am in agreement with you though

I did enjoy grinding Breakneck at least. As if I needed an excuse to play more gambit. The gun is awesome

They should have made some side missions, challenges, maybe even added some more Lost Sector Hunts... SOMETHING

I know the dungeon is coming and we have raids and forges but damn man. They could have made the loop a tad more compelling for sure

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We don't need to push up Curse to complain about Black Armory

That said Black Armory isn't over.

Maybe this weekly rollout and time gated content isn't the solution to our problem either.

I'm starting to think that we can only expect great things in spurts with Destiny. There is just no sustainable way for them to make enough day to day content to satisfy the player base it seems

I will say for sure that if we are going to have peaks and valleys that the Forsaken Black Armory Valley isnt too bad

Don't try to add a coat of paint to Curse and tell me it was actually good
Fucking hell.

th

The amount of revisionism destiny players exhibit at times is bewildering.

BA definitely has issues no denying that.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Bless you Bungie for putting Strange Terrain in the rotation again. I'm getting that stupid fucking rocket launcher this week.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like you can get infinite loot at the Queen this week - not powerful drops but you could farm for a good roll on a gun or armor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEvtBduQe8U

Looks like the reddit guy had an oracle from last week... which I happen to have on my Titan, yeet
I've never been able to replicate this glitch, every time you keep your Oracle onto reset, it just disappears. Keep your Oracle Bounty completed from last week and it just turns it to the current week's Oracle and disappears after one use.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Gave up on the Izanami forge quest for now, there's better things to do right now, I wish they would stop with these long and boring quests.

On the other hand, everyone, go present and offering and interact with the table in throne room!

Dec 2, 2017
Is there an actual method to get Izanagi's Burden, or do you just keep doing the forge and hope it drops for you one day?

Avalanche got a stability boost in today's patch. I hope it's good. Or not, since I CANT GET A DROP
Good, it desperately needed one. Just keep playing, you'll end up with more baking ingredients than you actually have the patience to use, especially once you've masterworked your oven. Then you can sit and bake dozens of cookies for the people in the tower and get piles of drops. I got 3-4 Avalanches last night just off 15-20 cookies for Zavala & Banshee because I was too lazy to go to anyone further away.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I have the guaranteed one from Z-man. But none for the 60 gifts after that.

unknown.png

I miss Curse. Here's the content list for Season of the Osiris:
  • New campaign missions
  • New strikes
  • Introduction of Heroic Adventures
  • New Destination
  • Full suite of weapons with the Forge
  • Seeing Vex Past & Present is honestly amazing
  • New Vanguard weapons and gear
  • New Crucible weapons and gear
  • New Iron Banner weapons and gear
  • New Gunsmith Weapons
  • New well loved Raid Lair
  • Nightfall exclusive rewards
  • Go Fast Sandbox update
iu
Warmind would have been a better one to point to. CoO's campaign, patrol area, and strikes were all so painful. Every time I have to go back to traverse Mercury and not have my sparrow I die a little inside. Every time a CoO strike comes up in rotation, I mentally check out. The Infinite forest was an awesome idea that unfortunately turned out to be real stale and real boring. I can never tell what CoO strike I'm actually in until we get past the IF. Their repurposing of it for Festival of the Lost was a good step though. But for real, I would pay actual silver to remove CoO content from my game lol.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Wait, people don't like Black Armory? I'm absolutely loving this style of content & updates to the game. Sure, there is a debate to be had about time-gating/drip-feeding content, but i'm enjoying how the game evolves week to week. I probably play somewhere between 20+hours a week and am only 630 on one character - i've yet to do the new raid.

I absolutely HATED Curse of Osiris. Loathed it. It was so bad I basically swore off Destiny as a franchise after that. I wouldn't come back until right before Forsaken with that initial Gambit preview weekend, and had the pvp update & Gambit not have been so fun, I wouldn't have given D2 the 2nd chance it needed to become one of my personal games of the year.

The content for me in something like BA is just far more compelling than whatever it was we got in Osiris or Warmind. I don't find the grind at all bad, especially for forge weapon/bounties - i've been knocking them out as I play all my other activities. Sure, we don't get a new patrol space, but I actually enjoy the fact they are fleshing out older areas with added content & lore. This is something they never did, instead just choosing to focus on some brand new area & character who typically gets very, very roughly introduced and has to get shoved aside rather quickly just as well.

Like, according to the lore, we're 3 months into this curse cycle in Dreaming City & its still updating with new story beats & such. This week to week progression of the world just was never as realized as it is now, and I love Destiny for it. Brother Vance & even Ana Bray just feel like they & their respective contributions to the greater Destiny story don't even play a single part in the tale, and this is exactly the kind of stuff that makes those expansions just so disposable to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Do you initiate the new Forge quest the same way as the last one (just a random drop from killing something)?

------------------------------------

Just got an exotic from a PE completion chest. I didn't even think that was still a thing/possibility.

I'm rather confused how folks say they "grinded their face off" yet are only 625 PL. I have three characters all at 650 PL and I've ran/completed one raid (Scourge during the first weekend of release only on my Titan) since Black Armory dropped.

Last edited:

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I always try to enjoy what you have, not complain, so I'm not exactly sticking to that, am I? lol

So, I'm curious, what are people enjoying out of this season? Hype me up.
The new raid is great.

The progression is still annoyingly slow (yes, CoO was better especially in how easy progression was) but I'm almost to 650 now and won't have to worry about it.

Aren't new rank up rewards coming in January according to the roadmap ("New Rank Rewards")? So in theory tokens become useful then.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo. Probably mentioned already but if you haven't done the Dreaming City Oracle Offering this week yet, do it NOW!

Nov 6, 2017
Looking for a clan with lots of active players in the PST time zone, any suggestions? Haven't done any of the raids yet and I want to do that plus the other quests requiring people (shattered throne, whisper, etc). I'm currently playing a Titan nearing 630 and I'm playing pretty much every night from 10pm.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
this izanami forge quest is kind of dog shit. a bunch of busy work. boring and uninspired.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I'm unclear on how the forges work.

I've only unlocked the first one and I'm working on the second one at the moment.

Last week I was hoping to forge some machine guns, but I had no idea on how to get the frames. She was only selling frames for the second forge. Now, she's only selling for the third forge, which I have not even started unlocking.

What gives?

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm unclear on how the forges work.

I've only unlocked the first one and I'm working on the second one at the moment.

Last week I was hoping to forge some machine guns, but I had no idea on how to get the frames. She was only selling frames for the second forge. Now, she's only selling for the third forge, which I have not even started unlocking.

What gives?

I've been busy the last two weeks and I'm out of the loop too. I finished the first one-but I don't get it. What do I do now? How do frames come into play?

Magik

Oct 25, 2017
But it's absolutely disengaging.

You are absolutely right. No disagreement there and yet Bungie has doubled down on it for BA. Having to unlock the forge on ALL 3 characters, constantly having to load into ADA for the Frames, having the Forges at a higher PL then most people can reach in the first week thus forcing players to replay old content, constantly spending time in loading screens all in the sake of player engagement.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
You are absolutely right. No disagreement there and yet Bungie has doubled down on it for BA. Having to unlock the forge on ALL 3 characters, constantly having to load into ADA for the Frames, having the Forges at a higher PL then most people can reach in the first week thus forcing players to replay old content, constantly spending time in loading screens all in the sake of player engagement.

the unlock should be account wide, not per character...it is a little bit too boring and time consuming to grind it out 3 times

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Welp screwed myself out of the veterans pack. Bungie original tweet about it said needed to "own" the game before oct 16th, bought the ps4 version back in June but didn't play it till end of October. Turns out needed to play it before oct 16th.

Guess came back to ps4 a week to late, even though the pack was a make good for the price drop.

Thanks Bungie.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I swear one of the most annoying things in this game is the eververse engrams, whatever they're called this month. if you care little about cosmetics like me, it's such an annoying chore to decrypt them, then hunt down most everything that dropped and delete it to keep your inventory clean. time after time after time after time...

and the other most annoying thing is completing a strike towards the complete 3 strikes with same class thing, and realize you werent using the same subclass as the other dudes, for whatever screwy reason/you forgot. there's 20 minutes down the fucking drain (spare me pro fireteamers who complete all the strikes in 3 minutes or less, maybe i exaggerated a little).

also, damn, the ar kills for that gambit ar are gonna be annoying. it's so hard to actually kill anything with a primary in this game. when your shotgun or fusion just melts by compare. you can play an entire gambit match naturally and get like 2 ar kills. the alternative is just using your ar and jeopardizing any chance to win the match,

Last edited:

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly fine with Black Armory over Curse or Warmind. Both of those expansions were pretty terrible and despite the lack of strikes in Black Armory, the loot from the Forges are enticing enough for me to keep grinding.

Dec 2, 2017
I swear one of the most annoying things in this game is the eververse engrams, whatever they're called this month. if you care little about cosmetics like me, it's such an annoying chore to decrypt them, then hunt down most everything that dropped and delete it to keep your inventory clean. time after time after time after time...

and the other most annoying thing is completing a strike towards the complete 3 strikes with same class thing, and realize you werent using the same subclass as the other dudes, for whatever screwy reason/you forgot. there's 20 minutes down the fucking drain (spare me pro fireteamers who complete all the strikes in 3 minutes or less, maybe i exaggerated a little).

also, damn, the ar kills for that gambit ar are gonna be annoying. it's so hard to actually kill anything with a primary in this game. when your shotgun or fusion just melts by compare. you can play an entire gambit match naturally and get like 2 ar kills. the alternative is just using your ar and jeopardizing any chance to win the match,
If you have Cerberus +1, give that a go. It chews through adds, fires a spread so you're hitting multiple enemies at once, and you use it at close range so you're always right on top of the motes. It can take down rushing invaders too.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

Titan, Sweet Business+Actium War Rig...just unload into the mobs

Dec 2, 2017
I'm honestly fine with Black Armory over Curse or Warmind. Both of those expansions were pretty terrible and despite the lack of strikes in Black Armory, the loot from the Forges are enticing enough for me to keep grinding.

I didn't jump in until just before Forsaken's launch, but I quite like Warmind. Mars is one of my favourite sandboxes they've done, and I think Escalation Protocol is the best horde mode in Destiny (shout out to Prison of Elders though). It has some of the coolest weapons and armour (let us upgrade it!) in the game, too.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
People have got to be crazy to like Curse of Osiris.

Infinite forest is a tedious slog even if you run through without engaging enemies. The fact that almost every CoO adventure/strike/mission have you go through it.

Strikes are rehashed story missions.

Mercury's public event is tedious and 1 token 2 blues meme. Mercury is a chore itself because I can't summon a sparrow

Weapon forging is another one. Going through so many strikes for a for 10 material to make 1 blue material and you need 2 blue material. To make things worst, these weapons are static rolls so theres no point to all those leftover materials and absolutely no reason to run again.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017

If you're getting two kills with an AR in an entire Gambit match... I just don't know what to say.

Oct 27, 2017
I used the Cerberus and Horror Story for that part of the Gambit quest and was getting 90+ AR kills per match. You don't have to be in a hurry to get this done as you can easily do it over the course of the 40 matches but if you want to get back to playing how you normally would (if that's without an AR) then I would simply focus on killing stuff and let your teammates pick up the motes. Hell, most of the time players act like it's some kind of competition when picking up motes anyways...let'em have them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.