• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
The worst part about this tedious ass quest to me is that I have to do a tedious ass weapon frame quest after this.

I did the majority of my Breakneck kills with my Age Old Bond.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
If you're getting two kills with an AR in an entire Gambit match... I just don't know what to say.

yea i think that's the wrong thing to focus on when it comes to how long the quest takes

the long part of the breakneck quest is the 40 matches, not the other stuff. everything else can be done in well under 40 matches. same goes for the loaded question quest - it's the strike completions that are the most timeconsuming part of it

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Like seriously who came up with "get precision multi-kills with Fallen" and "kill blights in lost sectors" and thought to themselves yeah, you know what, this might be fun.

Oh my god it still keeps going after making you do the Earth forge again. What. It's just a fucking forge.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The pulse rifle is gross. It can roll with Feeding Frenzy (+ Kill Clip / Rampage), so you get fast reload with just body shots. Great gun for PVE and PVP

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Like seriously who came up with "get precision multi-kills with Fallen" and "kill blights in lost sectors" and thought to themselves yeah, you know what, this might be fun.

Oh my god it still keeps going after making you do the Earth forge again. What. It's just a fucking forge.
have to spread out the content

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there should be a frame available for each Forge every week. It's weird that they only make one relevant each week.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
i think it will be like the Escalation Protocol, every week different frames
Yeah, but the two seem to always be for one Forge. I think it would be cool to have one frame for each Forge + rotate the powerful one each week. There are the augmented frames and I guess you could grind for the prototype guns but I don't find those grind worthy. I am curious to see if things get changed up since there won't be a new Forge next week though.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I used the Cerberus and Horror Story for that part of the Gambit quest and was getting 90+ AR kills per match. You don't have to be in a hurry to get this done as you can easily do it over the course of the 40 matches but if you want to get back to playing how you normally would (if that's without an AR) then I would simply focus on killing stuff and let your teammates pick up the motes. Hell, most of the time players act like it's some kind of competition when picking up motes anyways...let'em have them.

What?

I dont think there's literally 90 enemies in a match.

I also use Horror Story.

I'm getting like, 5-7 AR kills per match playing normally (AKA rarely ever using primary)

However I did just get the fat blob/malfeasance quest. Which I dont care about but is nice I guess.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

I'm on the "kill 75 fallen with melee" part of the 2nd forge (ya way behind).

Not one to bitch about quests but ya, that seems pretty stupid. Talk about mindless and mundane.

Oct 27, 2017
What?

I dont think there's literally 90 enemies in a match.

I also use Horror Story.

I'm getting like, 5-7 AR kills per match playing normally (AKA rarely ever using primary)

However I did just get the fat blob/malfeasance quest. Which I dont care about but is nice I guess.

Have you ever looked at the post-game/results screen?

If you want to get that requirement over with quickly use an AR(s) exclusively and go ham, don't worry about motes...get kills.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I have a Better Devils with Kill Clip+Outlaw and a range masterwork.

I guess I can shard all futures BDs.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
The pulse rifle is gross. It can roll with Feeding Frenzy (+ Kill Clip / Rampage), so you get fast reload with just body shots. Great gun for PVE and PVP

I have a Go Figure with Outlaw/Rampage and MW'd stability that has been my workhorse. Is the new pulse better or at least as good?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
what's the required light/light levels for inazama forge, if i go ham to unlock it asap? i'm only 620...

really want that pulse i guess

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone on PC need the Insight Terminus strike? I'm at the boss, I'd rather not wipe and have to start over. Ram#1596

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At least this new forge is fun. Pretty cool dynamic with having the battery enemies spread out across different platforms and players have to pass the ball to the player at the center to score the battery. I even managed to go long and catch one in mid-air. Super awesome.

New boss is also stupidly easy and I'm okay with that after that dumb servitor.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I haven't even unlocked the Gofundme forge let alone the Zamazama forge....

me too. but mostly done with weekly milestones, can mainline these forge quests in my limited few hours playtime available this week. i think it's the plan. the dawning quest seems convoluted and not rewarding.

Funny crucible name spotted: Darth Jebediah

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I found a guy to help with Kargath...I'd like to say I'm shocked that this doesn't have matchmaking, but I'd be lying.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
At least the swords were fantastic.
No doubt. I think thats the difference between the two. I did 2 swords in one go and as mind-numbing as it was - I think it was more rewarding in the long run seeing more ways to utilize the swords as time went on.

Here - I just don't feel the same. I did all that for a bow with Moving Target and Threat Detector. Fucking seriously? I picked up the Pulse schematic and even that was enough to make me think "know what, give me JC4, im not in the mood anymore."

I wouldn't mind the grind if it meant something meaningful, but once again its just this de-motivational feeling for doing all that for..

Well, as long as someone gets something good and posts it on reddit I guess thats enough for Bungie.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
No doubt. I think thats the difference between the two. I did 2 swords in one go and as mind-numbing as it was - I think it was more rewarding in the long run seeing more ways to utilize the swords as time went on.

Here - I just don't feel the same. I did all that for a bow with Moving Target and Threat Detector. Fucking seriously? I picked up the Pulse schematic and even that was enough to make me think "know what, give me JC4, im not in the mood anymore."

I wouldn't mind the grind if it meant something meaningful, but once again its just this de-motivational feeling for doing all that for..

Well, as long as someone gets something good and posts it on reddit I guess thats enough for Bungie.

If the quest stopped after the first time you visit the forge then it would be fine and made sense, but the way it is now is just stupid. Why do I have to go to a different planets to do Heroic PE. Why do I need to shoot 100 fallen but quickly and in the head. What does that have to do with anything? I'm just standing on Titan waiting for a banner to appear to wait 5 more minutes so I can check off one tickbox and do this again 2 more times. There's no way I'm doing this more than once, even that is enough. I seriously hope they rethink the next forge quest.

Exotic quests at least give you a unique reward for your grind, collecting 60 resonate stems might be a pain in the ass but in the end, It's worth it for the Sleeper. But I suppose not all quests can be like the one for Whisper...

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
But I suppose not all quests can be like the one for Whisper...
I know Bungie has a Whipser-like quest that they're keeping in their back pocket. It's full circle now - where in the phase of where everything feels like shit - and then they unleash it and all is forgotten. Its clockwork, but it works.

I feel like what they should have done is something like D1Y3, where when you complete a quest, you got 3 random rolls to choose between. I would honestly have been less mad if it was like that. I would have been motivated more to try on another character to see if any of those 3 where something that gave me that "I have to post this online" feeling.

But no, I'm just gonna wait until the heat boils over and Bungie decides to shorten the quests before I even bother on my other 2. I'm not taking a lot of time off these hoidays cauase I'm trying to squeeze every cent I can into my remaining paychecks for this year.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
These terrible forge quest lines are killing my enthusiasm to log in. I was looking forward to Black Armory for new stuff to do and all I'm getting is mandatory grinding old shit just to be able to even start grinding the new shit. And judging by the amount of clan engrams I'm getting each week, it looks like the rest of my clan is dropping off also.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Can someone please tell me how to forge a second Hammerhead machine gun?

Do I need a frame? If so, how do I get one? She's only selling two frames for the Izanami Forge, which I haven't started unlocking yet.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Can someone please tell me how to forge a second Hammerhead machine gun?

Do I need a frame? If so, how do I get one? She's only selling two frames for the Izanami Forge, which I haven't started unlocking yet.

you can get it only when she is selling the machinegun frame, should be next week again...the forges are on some kind of rotation if you want to farm weapons you have to wait till it is the right week for that weapon

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
How much of a team do you need for this Forge stuff? I know raids are out of the question but at least I managed to do Blind Well solo and the rest of the campaign. Now I hear a lot of stuff about endless grinding to unlock more grinding and specific mechanics for the Forge stuff.

I was considering to grab the Annual Pass but that would be a dealbreaker for me. :/

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
How much of a team do you need for this Forge stuff? I know raids are out of the question but at least I managed to do Blind Well solo and the rest of the campaign. Now I hear a lot of stuff about endless grinding to unlock more grinding and specific mechanics for the Forge stuff.

I was considering to grab the Annual Pass but that would be a dealbreaker for me. :/
Forges have matchmaking, you can't play them solo.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Forges have matchmaking, you can't play them solo.
Oh, matchmaking works for me, I thought it would be a mandatory "gather six friends before you can start this mission" or something like that.

I know it's gonna be a nightmare to deal with randoms, but I like having the option at least. Thanks for answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.