Destiny 2: Forsaken |OT2| How's your sister?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2017
Once you unlock Bergusia the previous forges become irrelevant.

Bergusia can forge any weapon frame, has chance to drop Jotunn exotic and curated guns from powerful frame completions.

As for the frames:

Volundr - Auto Rifle, LMG, Sword (Sword requires Izanami unlock though).
Gofannon - Sniper, Hand Cannon
Izanagi - Pulse Rifle, Combat Bow
Bergusia - Any weapon + chance of bonus curated drop from powerful frame.

Wait so if my frame says forge in volundr or whatever, I can just go to Bergusia?

Only thing is on my first couple go rounds Bergusia was pretty rough to beat with a few fails. Dunno if over time it'll become as trivial as the other forges though.

Agreed - but it sounds like he is just waiting for some internal communication to happen at Bungie first. I'd imagine whatever this turns out to be would be better coming from internal sources first, rather than reading about your company on Kotaku.
I've been keeping to myself, but now that this is popping up again - sometimes I feel like a lot of the shortcomings in this game are ideas that Bungie wanted that didn't pan out for some reason. Wouldn't surprise me if they were banking on the new engine for this game and when that backfired is was back to the drawing board of scrapping everything and just putting in placeholders for the time being.

It's just weird looking at sections like ornaments and see all this space for weapons that one have one - or even how guided games hasn't seen an update since it was implemented, or what the point of Crucial Labs is at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie / Activision split.

Holy shit.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47569

We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.

After having watched TV and CoolGuy's videos on the Erentil, I decided to give the one I'd been sitting on for awhile a shot. It rolled with Torch Scope, Projection Fuse, Firmly Planted, Quickdraw, and a Stability MW.

Talk about a game changer. I enjoy mindlessly rushing around and dealing out indiscriminate death with my Mindbender's Ambition as much as the next guy, but I don't think I've had this much fun in the Crucible than I've had vooping fools. Edging that badboy before somebody comes around the corner to get vaporized like they were in an OG Star Trek film does NOT get old. My kills have gone up as well, making for some very lopsided postgame KDR stats. I can even attribute that to having a loadout I wasn't even aware of that was fully geared towards slaying with the thing.

So yeah, a toast to the Erentil FR4.

I think I can safely say now that WotM was my favorite Raid in the game. Spinning to win was just too much fun.
Welcome to the brotherhood, friend.
Your roll’s not even ideal yet, wait until you get backup plan, accelerated coils, under pressure, high impact reserves, charge time masterwork...so many ways to improve it.

I recommend throwing counterbalance stock on it right away. Once you get the hang of managing the recoil (on PS4 I pretty much yank straight down when firing) you can keep the burst tight and map even bow users at range.

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the brotherhood, friend.
Your roll’s not even ideal yet, wait until you get backup plan, accelerated coils, under pressure, high impact reserves, charge time masterwork...so many ways to improve it.

I recommend throwing counterbalance stock on it right away. Once you get the hang of managing the recoil (on PS4 I pretty much yank straight down when firing) you can keep the burst tight and map even bow users at range.
Oooh, this is good news. Bows (Le Monarque, to be precise) were the only thing I could consider a counter since I traded or lost outright to them.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it's exactly the thing Destiny needed. A roadmap to a date with a brick wall, only to wait another week (and then some) to actually be able to play content

Oct 25, 2017
Last night two exotics drop in back to back heroic adventures. I log out after the last one.

Another exotic waiting for me at the postmaster!

No forsaken... what is this luck...

Nov 14, 2017
You can still be alive and be dying. By dying I mean the game had most likely peaked in its current form.
If your game is getting 1m daily active users, then that's a pretty damned good peak. I said this in the gaming side thread, but if Bungie can convince 5m players to give them $100/yr - which I think is a realistic minimum - they should be able to continue with Destiny indefinitely.

Oct 28, 2017
Just got Jotuun to drop. Early impressions? I think I've finally found something to dislodge IKELOS SG from my energy slot. This thing is FUN.

It takes 3 rounds to kill the a lost sector boss in the Dream City, which I think usually takes a full clip with IKELOS. I don't want this to be nerfed, but man, it feels like a heavy weapon that uses special ammo.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
For one I would guess storage space. Each expansion adds more and more-that if they just kept adding for 6 years of so, the install size would be massive.

Also-I'm sure that Bungie would like to sell a full sized/priced game every so often, publicize it and make bank as opposed to small incremental add ons.

Nov 14, 2017
That's never going to happen
I suspect that if there is a D3, there won't be another Destiny after that: they'll just continue adding to that for as long as people are prepared to buy it. Now that they are free from a publisher, they can go full GaaS and not focus on boxed retail. They can still find a distribution partner to stick a disc out on shelves major expansion if that makes sense for them, as that's still a significant market, but the main focus should be on making a continuing revenue service.

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect that if there is a D3, there won't be another Destiny after that: they'll just continue adding to that for as long as people are prepared to buy it. Now that they are free from a publisher, they can go full GaaS and not focus on boxed retail. They can still find a distribution partner to stick a disc out on shelves major expansion if that makes sense for them, as that's still a significant market, but the main focus should be on making a continuing revenue service.
Yeah, I would agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.