• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think BB was fine as was. But with Shards, it was a bit much. Maybe Shards should have taken the hit instead.

they need to come up with a new rarity type, or tweak the way you can use exotics. it doesn't feel right that you have all these "fun to fuck around with but never a great choice for endgame stuff" weapons in the same class as these super important boss dps weapons.

really the heavy dps type exotics are boring in general. it feels like you always have to use one if you're being serious, and none of them are really more or less fun than the others.

Voices and Thunderlord are the tits. What dost thou say.

Dec 2, 2017
Huh? I dont believe blade barrage is the highest DPS super or even in the top 5. It feels like it does jack shit TBH. And you cant decouple nighthawk from GG. Every super needs a exotic to shine now. Even BB needs Galanor. Bow needs Rig, Arcstrider needs the chest piece, Warlock laser beam needs Geomags...that's just defacto bungie policy.

BB does nothing doesn't even scratch like a Primevil. What obliterates those is Chaos Reach.

If you're going to be this salty about this game, you should at least know how much things do.

Sorry don't mind me. It's just that hunter mains complaining triggers me when they've basically been at the top of the PvP meta for the entire history of Destiny. Hunters' movement is their real super, and it never runs out.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Running into teams of 4 in Gambit that are dropping the PE from 100-0 in like less than 5 seconds after one invade, such a fun mode ruined by a complete lack of any balancing, ugh.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Oooh got a new BA swift ride from forge...FINALLY

The roll is outlaw zen moment, no all important damage perk but, not awful either.

also has accurized rounds which give it a decent range boost. range masterwork.

overall specs out incredibly similar to bygones but heres hoping it's better!

Edit oh damn just ran a 21-9 with this bad boy. I didn't even notice lack of a damage perk.

I think zen moment is gonna be the secret ingredient. That and pushing out the range because it has both accurized rounds and range mw. I masterworked it. 64 range stat, need to test it. put a target adjuster mod on it because I have a lot of those...Suros sites are unmatched for openness.

Throw it on the pile of great pulses I have.

Last edited:

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Running into teams of 4 in Gambit that are dropping the PE from 100-0 in like less than 5 seconds after one invade, such a fun mode ruined by a complete lack of any balancing, ugh.
How would you "balance" Primeval burning though? It's just an obvious outcome that a coordinated team that can communicate and maximize their buffs/debuffs will be able to drop a boss faster than a team of randos.

You could try upping Primeval health or taking away the Slayer buff, but then you just have a slog, and the 4-stack would still kill their Primeval a hell of a lot faster than the randoms.

You could split Primeval health into sections and allow a maximum amount of burn damage at a time, giving the enemies a chance to catch up, but then what's the point of being in the lead and summoning first?

The entire nature of Gambit means stacks will always have the insane upper hand. It's pretty unavoidable.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It just don't compare to running Fatebringer, Praedyth's, and Thunderlord.

I miss having those unique legendaries to go along with exotics.
??? Fatebringer is in Destiny 2, it's called curated Nation of Beasts. Sure, it doesn't have explosive rounds, but it's still 98% Fatebringer.

People look back too fondly at D1Y1 power. Like, don't get me wrong, there is still no loadout in Destiny history more powerful than Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn, but a curated Threat Level/curated Nation of Beasts/any of the great exotic heavies still comes pretty damn close.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
How would you "balance" Primeval burning though? It's just an obvious outcome that a coordinated team that can communicate and maximize their buffs/debuffs will be able to drop a boss faster than a team of randos.

You could try upping Primeval health or taking away the Slayer buff, but then you just have a slog, and the 4-stack would still kill their Primeval a hell of a lot faster than the randoms.

You could split Primeval health into sections and allow a maximum amount of burn damage at a time, giving the enemies a chance to catch up, but then what's the point of being in the lead and summoning first?

The entire nature of Gambit means stacks will always have the insane upper hand. It's pretty unavoidable.

Well the obvious answer is to not matchmake randoms with stacks, but alas.

Even then, there a ton of ways Gambit could be improved. The most obvious one to me is that the burn should not accumulate over time, it should be tied to a mechanic that requires the team to seek out mobs or something that builds it up. Make the envoys random spawns on the map that you have to go kill, and each one gives you a stack. Then from there you could maybe introduce mechanics of the invader killing a player removing a stack, allowing for comebacks. Right now it's all artificial comebacks, but some loadouts/weapons have become so outrageous in their damage output that it feels insurmountable most of the time.

To shrug your shoulders and pretend the mode cannot be improved doesn't make any sense to me, it's kinda hilarious that the mode hasn't received a single change since release.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
??? Fatebringer is in Destiny 2, it's called curated Nation of Beasts. Sure, it doesn't have explosive rounds, but it's still 98% Fatebringer.

People look back too fondly at D1Y1 power. Like, don't get me wrong, there is still no loadout in Destiny history more powerful than Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn, but a curated Threat Level/curated Nation of Beasts/any of the great exotic heavies still comes pretty damn close.
Nah.

It still don't compare.

You got Fatebringer you knew you was the shit.

No inspecting, no praying for whatever rolls.

I mean
but it's still 98% Fatebringer.
BUT IT AINT 100% FB SO NO! #everypercentmatters
Like, don't get me wrong, there is still no loadout in Destiny history more powerful than Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn
And thats my issue. I had that taste and I can't get it back and it sucks. I mean, I remember the group I ran Crota's End on the first time: We spent 6 hours on that bitch, I finished up the last hour in my work clothes, and BAM - Black Hammer.

I haven't felt that way since. You looked at that gun and knew "you aint leaving my secondary".

VfGTZak.jpg

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well the obvious answer is to not matchmake randoms with stacks, but alas.

Even then, there a ton of ways Gambit could be improved. The most obvious one to me is that the burn should not accumulate over time, it should be tied to a mechanic that requires the team to seek out mobs or something that builds it up. Make the envoys random spawns on the map that you have to go kill, and each one gives you a stack. Then from there you could maybe introduce mechanics of the invader killing a player removing a stack, allowing for comebacks. Right now it's all artificial comebacks, but some loadouts/weapons have become so outrageous in their damage output that it feels insurmountable most of the time.

To shrug your shoulders and pretend the mode cannot be improved doesn't make any sense to me, it's kinda hilarious that the mode hasn't received a single change since release.
That sounds far too punishing for the team with the Primeval, the heal on kills is already a big pro for the team that's behind. A 5-star invader with Queenbreaker can make a leading team's lives absolute hell during the Primeval phase, if all those free headshots also took away Slayer stacks? Yikes.

And I'm pretty sure the mode hasn't received any big updates because a lot of people are actually quite happy with it, myself included. It absolutely has moments of frustration, but the highs are amazing. Just look at how many Dredgens you see in Tower instances, it's one of the most common titles.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Huh? I dont believe blade barrage is the highest DPS super or even in the top 5. It feels like it does jack shit TBH. And you cant decouple nighthawk from GG. Every super needs a exotic to shine now. Even BB needs Galanor. Bow needs Rig, Arcstrider needs the chest piece, Warlock laser beam needs Geomags...that's just defacto bungie policy.

No, every super does not need an exotic to shine. Shards do nothing to affect the damage of Blade Barrage, Code of the Missile has no exotic that benefits its super, nothing affects Hammers. And, yes I can decouple Nighthawk from GG. That isn't how the super works innately.

Do you know what DPS is? Damage Per Second? Blade Barrage is nearly instant, and does roughly the same damage as a Nighthawk crit shot. I'll timestamp something for you:

BB does nothing doesn't even scratch like a Primevil. What obliterates those is Chaos Reach.

Are we playing the same game? Blade Barrage does nothing to Prime Evils?

giphy.gif

Yeah that's called a panic super, Why was it ok for titans to have one all this time but people are salty when hunters get one?

That's an interesting complex you got there.

But there is risk. You can get killed at the start, you likely will get killed at the bottom (people know you're vulnerable and jump out of the woodwork)...it's pretty flakey too, sometimes it wont even hit people right in front and below of you. It's difficult to get more than 1-2 kill most times. You will do a fair amount of whiffing, zero kills, with it too. Anything around cover, it's too slow, enemy can jump behind a pillar or rock...

Look, man. Technically every panic super can be killed. Does that make it likely? Can you technically kill a Havoc Titan or Missile Titan right when they activate it? Yes. Is that going to happen reliably? No. Come off it, and be genuine, please. If you whiff your super, that shit is on you, man, and you deserve to get KO'd.

If you really think blade barrage is as OP as Nova or Spectral in crucible, you simply dont play this game much. And I'm not just being pro hunter because I admit Spectral blades is just as bad as Nova Warp right now. Possibly even a smidge worse.

I've got 1,709 hours in D2, man. I got Luna's last season nearly solo. I've played a shitload of Crucible. Please don't make this about how I don't have the experience. It feels really disingenuous.

I'm not talking about PVE this is a sandbox update.

Really? You realise this affects both, right?

...Right?

Last edited:

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds far too punishing for the team with the Primeval, the heal on kills is already a big pro for the team that's behind. A 5-star invader with Queenbreaker can make a leading team's lives absolute hell during the Primeval phase, if all those free headshots also took away Slayer stacks? Yikes.

And I'm pretty sure the mode hasn't received any big updates because a lot of people are actually quite happy with it, myself included. It absolutely has moments of frustration, but the highs are amazing. Just look at how many Dredgens you see in Tower instances, it's one of the most common titles.

Dredgen is probably the easiest title to get, I don't think it has anything to do with the popularity of the mode. I honestly don't care enough to argue about it, this was the first night I had played Gambit in months, and was astonished at how quick the PE was dropping. Anything competitive at this point on PC seems to be nothing but the absolute best of the best left playing, so I guess it's to be expected, but it's still not very fun to play against if you're alone.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
BB is an instant delete button. There is no risk involved with it. You jump, press a button, and them aim in the general direction you want things dead. That is OP.

Bungie designed the super to auto track, and it can be inconsistent at times.

It's a panic super for sure, but I don't think it was OP. I don't really care about them nerfing the damage in PVP or adding self damage, but they should have left it alone in PVE.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
gambit can be so thrilling but it can also be so goddamned frustrating. it has loads of potential but i can't wait when bungie takes a second pass at it. there are definitely some polishing to be done.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Im super pissed about this update. Blade Barrage got three nerfs: damage output change, overall damage reduce and self kill. I really don't get it, how in a world with chaos reach + geomag can they think bb needs a nerf. Shards of Galanor don't even work in pve most of the time. If nova bomb ends up doing more damage than bb Im pissed. Also the arcstrider buff is worthless if u are using raiden flux, thanks I guess. And golden gun buff seems nice, but how exactly is it a good super in pve. The only thing where it really shines is still nighthawk on bosses.
I really don't get why in the end always hunter get fucked, its been like that since destiny 1. Warlock is as always the best class -> dawnblade, nova bomb, chaos reach. Nothing else comes close, its really not fair.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Destiny people. I have Destiny 2 from back when it was cheap in the Humble monthly thing. If I just play up to the vanilla max level and then decide to buy Forsaken later to level up further, is the experience going to be the same as buying Forsaken now and leveling up?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Niobe is finally solved. I'll get to that sometime soon, along with the datapad. Just grinding out these 500 kills in each forge triumphs right now

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hey Destiny people. I have Destiny 2 from back when it was cheap in the Humble monthly thing. If I just play up to the vanilla max level and then decide to buy Forsaken later to level up further, is the experience going to be the same as buying Forsaken now and leveling up?
You will have a lot more to do, just get Forsaken, use the light booster to start the FOrsaken story missions.

ANd youre golden

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Oh snap so what was the final solution??

Basically you had to shoot the right symbols / letters with that element, like was suspected to be a glitch. So one uses solar, one uses arc, one uses void. Problem is you cant view symbols with solar, so you had to use a different gun to make sure you saw the right symbol. More vagueness (though bungie claims the clue was "improperly placed")

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Gotta see how good the tracking fix is for BB, been noticing it a lot in gambit. My knives hit my team more then the baddies if they running around in group. Explosions still kill the baddies so no big whoop so prob all still work ok.

Wish I could transfer my warlock from pc to ps4, long live geo mag/chaos reach!

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta see how good the tracking fix is for BB, been noticing it a lot in gambit. My knives hit my team more then the baddies if they running around in group. Explosions still kill the baddies so no big whoop so prob all still work ok.

Wish I could transfer my warlock from pc to ps4, long live geo mag/chaos reach!
Speaking of, I recently saw some very vague reports (forum/community posts) of Bungie supposedly readying/hinting at cross-save/play...does anyone have a source for this as I can't seem to find anything on it. In any case I think that ship sailed a long time ago, maybe they could do it on the next major iteration/release (fall expansion/Destiny 3...I hope whichever direction they take the franchise they lose the number in the title as there should have never been one in the first place).

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who uses Nova Bombs like its my second job I am SUPER pumped to see the improvements!

Hell the small changes to slova bomb alone should improve my current build a ton in the consistency department

Very cool sandbox update overall

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Im super pissed about this update. Blade Barrage got three nerfs: damage output change, overall damage reduce and self kill. I really don't get it, how in a world with chaos reach + geomag can they think bb needs a nerf. Shards of Galanor don't even work in pve most of the time. If nova bomb ends up doing more damage than bb Im pissed. Also the arcstrider buff is worthless if u are using raiden flux, thanks I guess. And golden gun buff seems nice, but how exactly is it a good super in pve. The only thing where it really shines is still nighthawk on bosses.
I really don't get why in the end always hunter get fucked, its been like that since destiny 1. Warlock is as always the best class -> dawnblade, nova bomb, chaos reach. Nothing else comes close, its really not fair.

Yeah it sucks but as a Hunter main, you just learn to live with it. Plus I'm excited for damage buff to bottom tree GG plus faster charging with precision shot. The neutral game and synergy with bottom GG is really tight if you run with precision weapons. Let the locks run in circles to charge their super, I'll just get crits after crits and charge it faster.

And the weighing of BB damage towards explosions might actually be a buff. Its easy to miss the knife but not the explosions.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Six Shooter Goldie buff sounds amazing. I'll love to finally be able to use my favorite tree legitimately for mass add clear instead of for just shits and giggles. I wonder if it'll work with nighthawk to just pop consecutive powerful exploding shots against adds. I doubt it, but hey, a man can dream. Blade Barrage nerf/rebalance has been expected since Forsaken launch, it does nighthawk damage without an exotic or aiming, and the tree has incredibly powerful neutral game in PvE.

I also can't put down Jotuun. I might already have a problem.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
And the weighing of BB damage towards explosions might actually be a buff. Its easy to miss the knife but not the explosions.
THIS. Can't tell you how many times I've Neo'd the knives, only to be destroyed by the explosions. Now that's been buffed? Shit, a Hunter won't even have to wait for an enemy to walk through a door now before popping the super. Just fire it off and let the solar explosions do the job.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Seeing hunters complain about barely getting touched is the funniest things to me. Titans got nerfed into the ground at various points in D1 & D2. Even after this, there just hasn't ever been a time where hunters weren't the dominating force in PvP and nothing in this change changes that.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Hunters will always be the best in PVP because all you have to do is close distance and get into close combat and hunter just dominates. Their jumps and mobility are far superior to the other two in close range scrambles. Shotgunning and hunters go hand to hand. You have to work harder with the other classes.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got 1KV after 14th clear. They really need to keep stuff like that tied to quests or make it farmable.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my rare bounty to drop aaaaaand it's the one requiring a weekly bounty :)

Does anyone know if its possible for other rare bounties to drop if you have an incomplete one?

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
So I'm gonna be that annoying person and ask if the expansion is worth picking up? I bought Destiny 2 and the 2 DLC's but dropped off before this expansion hit.

I found the game okay but the biggest problem is that it requires friends to play it with and I don't have any who play Destiny. Is it worth it just for the solo stuff?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm gonna be that annoying person and ask if the expansion is worth picking up? I bought Destiny 2 and the 2 DLC's but dropped off before this expansion hit.

I found the game okay but the biggest problem is that it requires friends to play it with and I don't have any who play Destiny. Is it worth it just for the solo stuff?

Ask gutter_trash. He is always having fun playing solo.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
So I used the cosumable to get a black armory gear and it did nothing. Fix it Bungie.

I did too. The Use button is actually Dismantle, just mislabeled. The ultimate troll.

EDIT: unless you mean the buff to get BA armor. In that case it will remain on your character until you forge a frame and it'll drop with that.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Man seriously why is it impossible for me to get shattered throne ship? Another curse week, another 3 runs and nothing.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man I tried Fusion the last couple game...forget that. No wonder no one uses these (except cheatlesto)

They have shockingly little range, impact, and accuracy for being so charge time limited.

But the worst is that powerless feeling while some dude hopping around like a jackass and happily blowing your brains out with a shotgun over and over while you try to charge up.

They need work (aka buff)

Status
Not open for further replies.