• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I've suffered through enough to get claymore, not forgotten and mountaintop. I've paid my dues, as it were. I'm done. Poor matches will now lead to either immediate quitting, or hanging out at spawn, cycling through emotes, and wiggling the stick enough to avoid the AFK kick.

I've found some decent hiding spots on somd of thd maps.

I still can't understand why tge other team has to shoot me when I'm pulling out a red card, sitting at my desk in peace or sitting at my table drinking coffee. Just leave me alone guys, you're alreadt winning by 50 points 2 mins in...

That about sums up D2 pvp for me the past few months.....

5 matches a week.....

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
You're not wrong. I don't remember Destiny 2 PVP being like this back at the beginning and up through Curse of Osiris (I left shortly after that). I don't remember being in so many lopsided games but that seems to be the norm now. Mercy rule games and games that are completely one-sided seem to outnumber the good / close ones by a fairly large margin. It's a shame too because at its core I enjoy the PVP in Destiny 2. With games like they are though it just sucks the fun right out of it.

They moved everything to cbmm because the streamers were getting pissed they had to sweat through matches instead of getting curbstops non-stop.

*tinfoil hat*
D2 is built for streamers now; verifued by the current state of pvp and the past forge unlock "event"

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Thanks, that worked. This is fun.

Top PvP Weapons:

Kinetic
1. Jade Rabbit
2. Disrespectful Stare
3. West of Sunfall 7
4. MIDA Multi-Tool
5. Cerberus +1

Energy

1. Erentil FR4
2. Swift Ride
3. Graviton Lance
4. Trust
5. Right Side of Wrong

I have nothing but disdain for your meta.

Surprised Disrespectful Stare is still so high, only ever used it for a month or so, until I got the Swift Ride. Maybe I should take it out of the shed for another spin...

My last count:
Kinetic:
Better Devils
Go Figure
Midnight Coup
Origin Story
Mida

Energy:
Trust
Graviton
Darkest Before
Ikekos-HC
Positive Outlook

Power:
Sins of the Past
Thunderlord
Curtain Call
Bad Omens
Sleepless

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
When you die to a super in crucible, first thing you do on spawn is see if another super (or the same one for that matter) is bearing down on you again

Kinda sad.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
They moved everything to cbmm because the streamers were getting pissed they had to sweat through matches instead of getting curbstops non-stop.

*tinfoil hat*
D2 is built for streamers now; verifued by the current state of pvp and the past forge unlock "event"

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt it.

I just want to hear from stream viewers that they'd rather watch somebody cruise their way to a win vs compete in a back and forth match.

Cause, I mean, I don't watch many games or esports, but I watch traditional sports, and I'm always way more into watching a close, back and forth game than I am a curbstomping, regardless of who I'm cheering for.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Never played any Destiny. Thinking about trying it on X1X. Good time to jump in or is anything upcoming that may be better waiting for?

Dec 2, 2017
My last count:
Kinetic:
Better Devils
Go Figure
Midnight Coup
Origin Story
Mida

Energy:
Trust
Graviton
Darkest Before
Ikekos-HC
Positive Outlook

Power:
Sins of the Past
Thunderlord
Curtain Call
Bad Omens
Sleepless
It's funny looking at some of the lists in there and realizing people spent tons of time with stuff I've never heard of. Like I have no idea what Darkest Before & Positive Outlook are.

My PvE:

Kinetic

1. Horror Story
2. Ace of Spades
3. Sweet Business
4. Tiger Spite
5. Crimson

Energy

1. Ikelos SG
2. Borealis
3. Polaris Lance
4. Loaded Question
5. Telesto

I'm going to miss Horror Story, but I know Breakneck's pretty much retired it. I want to get Borealis past Ikelos on principle. I swear all those Polaris kills were just me trying to complete the catalyst, what a pain that was. I don't even like it that much. Loaded Question's been putting in work in the forges, surprised it's up there already. I might well end up with a fusion at the top of both lists.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
It's funny looking at some of the lists in there and realizing people spent tons of time with stuff I've never heard of. Like I have no idea what Darkest Before & Positive Outlook are.

Darkest before was a Y1,S1 Trials pulse rifle. Basically the Bygones before Bygones was a thing, but it was energy, do I switched between a void and arc one.

Positive outlook was a story weapon (and normal vanguard drop thereafter) from the first expansion (energy auto)

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing this a week or so ago. I hit the glimmer cap. Anything I can quickly waste glimmer on that's useful?

Also, is it better to save all the reputation increasing items for when I hit the level cap?

Dec 2, 2017
Surprised Disrespectful Stare is still so high, only ever used it for a month or so, until I got the Swift Ride. Maybe I should take it out of the shed for another spin...

I just realized Disrespectful Stare is the exact same thing as Redrix but without Desperado. I wonder why I disliked Redrix after a day, but did so much with DS? Maybe I had just learned the game more by the time I got Redrix so I knew better? Maybe I need to give Redrix another shake?

Just started playing this a week or so ago. I hit the glimmer cap. Anything I can quickly waste glimmer on that's useful?

Also, is it better to save all the reputation increasing items for when I hit the level cap?
If you're up to the Forsaken storyline, you can go to Spider and buy materials for glimmer, trade those in for legendary shards, which can be traded for enhanced cores.

You should just take the rep increases as you go, you'll need the rewards now more than later.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Oh lawd, that claws is everything I hoped it could be in one match. Like a submachine gun disguised as a pulse. I doubt the sustainability of hammering on that trigger 40k times a second, but whatever.

It also forces me into a more active run n gun playstyle which is fun.

I'm sick of crucible, probably played 40 matches today.

Got Black Talon (post crucible match drop of all things), and "Exotique" achievement. Straight to the vault it goes,

Dec 2, 2017
Oh lawd, that claws is everything I hoped it could be in one match. Like a submachine gun disguised as a pulse. I doubt the sustainability of hammering on that trigger 40k times a second, but whatever.

Got Black Talon (post crucible match drop of all things), and "Exotique" achievement. Straight to the vault it goes,
I feel like Claws is just the bad recoil pattern version of Nightshade.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Never played any Destiny. Thinking about trying it on X1X. Good time to jump in or is anything upcoming that may be better waiting for?

Destiny 2 is in one of the best spots it can be in at this point.

However, Division 2 and Anthem - two similarly built / played games are coming out soon, so the population will probably take a dip with these two games releasing soon.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got back in after a few months. Looking to finally try Last Wish. You guys think ~590 is enough to not be a negative weight to any of the encounters?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
590 is perfectly fine. Most groups should be able to pick up the slack with your inexperience. Have fun

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kinetic:
1. Duke Mk. 44
2. Go Figure
3. BrayTech Winter Wolf
4. Midnight Coup
5. No Turning Back (I was obsessed with bows at the start of Forsaken)

Energy:
1. Fighting Lion
2. Graviton Lance
3. IKELOS_SG
4. Sunshot
5. Positive Outlook

Power:
1. Sins of the Past
2. Tractor Cannon
3. One Thousand Voices
4. Sleeper Simulant
5. Whisper of the Worm

I am a lad of impeccable taste in my weaponry, I know, I know.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Really sad Guardian Radio is ending, their last show just went up I think.

The first destiny podcast, hell of a run, hell of a ride.

PS. Sorry I missed your invite last night Kadey, it was pretty late her in the UK. Friday and Saturdays are best for trains.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal

it can random roll into Full Auto ;)

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I still use the killclip/outlaw roll of Claws that you could get from bounties a few IBs ago. Still haven't got a better drop than that.

What I'd like is:

Arrowhead Brake or Corkscrew Rifling
Ricochet Rounds
Full Auto
Outlaw
Stability Masterwork
And then a counterbalance mod

But my RNG is trash.

I think I'm just gonna go for the bounties for the SMG and Sniper rolls in IB, then keep grinding for my god roll Blast Furnace. Over 100 Izinagi forge completions trying to get the damn thing (though some of those were just to get more modules), and I still don't have the one I (and probably everybody else) want.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
2afd3576689ecbafb.png

16d075faac4855878.png

Looks like I have a ways to go before I surpass year one stuff.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Welp just got joton. That was hard. Yawn. To the vault ya go.

The drop rate on forge exotics with a powerful frame must be extremely high, I'd guess maybe 25-50%. I got Le Monarque first time for example.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Was fucking around with Anteus Wards last night in IB and managed to get a blade barrage kill:

re: rapid-fire pulse rifles in D2: wish I could have my pre-nerf Grasp of Malok back.

Also on crucible people are (were?) talking/making vids about dead man walking sidearm.

Crucible Radio? haven't listened to that episode, but without kill clip, not sure it stands out from any other sidearm archetype— though it shares both the second best optimal TTK (.67s), and the second best body-shot TTK (.93s).

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get a rare bounty lined up for curse week. Got really lucky with it: "Get kills with a forge weapon in every slot"

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Welp just got joton. That was hard. Yawn. To the vault ya go.

The drop rate on forge exotics with a powerful frame must be extremely high, I'd guess maybe 25-50%. I got Le Monarque first time for example.

Yawn and vault are two words that shouldn't even be uttered when describing Yotunn. It's easily one of the best and most exciting exotics to use in the entire game.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Was fucking around with Anteus Wards last night in IB and managed to get a blade barrage kill:

re: rapid-fire pulse rifles in D2: wish I could have my pre-nerf Grasp of Malok back.

Crucible Radio? haven't listened to that episode, but without kill clip, not sure it stands out from any other sidearm archetype— though it shares both the second best optimal TTK (.67s), and the second best body-shot TTK (.93s).

I had to watch this three or four times to understand what I was seeing. I completely forgot Anteus Wards gives you a second of damage reflection after (during?) a slide. I bet that Hunter was fuming.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
Played some Banner last night. I love seeing the scope flare on shotguns rushing me as I charge up my Jotunn. It's so satisfying to counter shotguns.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I decided to return to Vigilance Wing, didn't feel like paying attention to proc-ing sounds or perk management for a night.

Vigilance Wing is still good, I get it that there are excellent Legendaries but it felt good turning off the brain and just blaring away in IB with VW

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Likely some of you have already seen this video if you watch Aztecross because it's been out for a few months but as a guy who primarily plays a Titan and who has only been back since December it really clarified some things for me. Which is better? Burning Maul (middle tree Solar) or Fireforged (Top Tree Solar) for boss dps. And, how do Synthoceps buff work with each? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqgUq7XRulw

Spoiler - Burning Maul actually does about 45% more damage as long as roaring flames x3 is active, even with Melting Point accounted for. Synthoceps proc is the same damage add as melting point. Melting Point + Synthoceps is downright nasty but still not as nasty as Burning Maul + Synthoceps. However (and this is a big BUT) Melting Point buffs everyone's damage while Burning Maul doesn't have any benefits for the rest of your group. Also, Roaring Flames is not always easy to proc so it is much more difficult to get max value out of Burning Maul. Bottom line, for team play Top tree Solar Titan with Melting Point is still the go-to. For solo dps, especially if their are a lot of adds around, Burning Maul is superior. And in all cases, Synthoceps are a good exotic to use.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I still want Jotunn and it sucks i only get two chances per week for one guy. Why can't regular frames give a chance

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
isn't there a chance for it to drop from Silver Weaponframes?

I am certain that Le Monarque had a possible drop rate from Silver WepFrames.

No. Neither Jotunn or Le Monarque can drop from regular frames. Has to be powerful frames.

Finally something that matches burst damage of ep shotgun in energy slot.

Yea I just need a better Hammerhead to pair with it. Still looking for that Feeding Frenzy/Rampage roll.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forges not being account wide was a huge mistake. Can't bring myself to do Izanami more than once.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Forges not being account wide was a huge mistake. Can't bring myself to do Izanami more than once.

It's really not that bad once you've done it once. Finished it in little over an hour the other day on my Hunter (was the last character I needed to unlock it on). And the final step (Insight Terminus) can easily be solo'd if you're a high enough power level.

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, it took me only 2-3 Powerful Frames to get the Le Monarque but then 11 Powerful Frames to get the Jotunn. You'll eventually get both if you haven't yet but like many other things it's all RNG, one person may get them first try and another may get them on their 30 try.

I'm not really focused on Triumphs or Titles (mostly due to the RNG nature of them...Bungie has issues concerning where to put RNG and where not to as Titles and especially mods should be RNG-free), that said I need to get the Frigid Jackal to complete Wayfayer, the problem is I can't even get a schematic to drop and don't think I've had one drop over the last 500 Resonate Stems or so and then on top of that RNG I have to hope the Frigid Jackal drops out of 4 possible options. I think I'd rather need to get 2000 precision kills with a sniper or something rather than farm Resonate Stems and have to deal with 2 layers of RNG.

Oct 27, 2017
I was on Mars farming Resonate Stems (not much else to do in the game at the moment so I might as well torture myself) for a bit when I stumbled into an EP game where I found the Jotunn really shines, just annihilates yellow bars.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Jotun is really becoming a fucking cancer in comp. Good thing it's not as cancerous as telesto since you can dodge Jotun shot easily if you strafe and jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.