• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When you're a blinking Warlock but someone mentions Jotunn. This would be the part I use that "I don't know her" Mariah Carey gif, but I'm on mobile.

BUT WHERE IS MY JOTUNN, BUNGO?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I played five matches of comp the other week (before the MM update) and actually went on a five streak, surprisingly. Got a lot of progress on the stupid grenade launcher triumph too. Curious if I should just scum it up with OEM and Telesto again and see how far that gets me

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
FWIW, it took me only 2-3 Powerful Frames to get the Le Monarque but then 11 Powerful Frames to get the Jotunn. You'll eventually get both if you haven't yet but like many other things it's all RNG, one person may get them first try and another may get them on their 30 try.

Its probably a 25% drop rate. The odds of rolling a 4 sided die and not hitting 4 30 times are probably like a billion to one.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
If I've been "cheating:" with anything in crucible lately, it's old Wardcliff Coil. I started monopolizing power ammo as much as possible, and a few times just got dominating plays with it. Multikills.

I think for extra cheating I need to look into a second rocket launcher scavenger armor, IIRC it gives you 3 on every ground brick.

It's a beast.Not sure jotty would be worth giving it up for in crucible. I am seeing a lot of jotty attempted cheating though. I just dont wanna deal with charge time plus grenade arc plus kill me already. guess it's wait and see if jotty maintains a high level of use.

Edit: Looks like RL scavenger only comes on capes and arms. Thats a problem because my build is based around shards of galanor which doesn't have it. At least my roll. Oh well.

Also blade barrage is a really bad super. If there's a freakin leaf in the way, it's gonna bock 90% of your super. 90% of the time it's a clean whiff, zero kills. Awful super TBH, not even close to the big ones like Nova Warp.

Also at least in Bergusia Forge, breakneck is really bad. By the time it ramps up you're out of ammo. Really short mag. Feels like it's not even scratching enemies. Maybe I'll look into putting a backup mag on it.

Oh also weird quirk since I'm running my titan through the campaign slowly. My Titan was locked at 418 because it wont let me equip my 470+ blues until level 43, and I'm down at 36-38. And campaign goes up to 440 recommended (although I did a 430 campaign mission at 418 without too much problem). Anyways basically randomly noticed Horror Story seems to be a loophole, equipped it on level 38 Titan when it's 650, kicked my light up to 446. There's no level restrictions on it. No big deal but yeah.

Last edited:

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
We use the bot in our clan discord, but If you are in the Destiny Era discord, go so the the "stats" channel and type "!pve weapons" and it gives a breakdown of your usage.

Hmmmmm.... these seem weighted really recently.

IJLZV6I.png

xRnbfrf.png

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
LBBDDv9.png

QSfR0bx.png

My PvP weapon spread kind of depressed me, but then I guess I haven't had a very dynamic loadout since Forsaken. PvE is exactly what I would have told anyone off hand with the exception of Sunshot. Surprised Sunshot is still my #1 since I haven't actually used it since pre-Forsaken, but I guess it is a goddamn kill racker.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I've been "cheating:" with anything in crucible lately, it's old Wardcliff Coil. I started monopolizing power ammo as much as possible, and a few times just got dominating plays with it. Multikills.

I think for extra cheating I need to look into a second rocket launcher scavenger armor, IIRC it gives you 3 on every ground brick.

It's a beast.Not sure jotty would be worth giving it up for in crucible. I am seeing a lot of jotty attempted cheating though. I just dont wanna deal with charge time plus grenade arc plus kill me already. guess it's wait and see if jotty maintains a high level of use.

Edit: Looks like RL scavenger only comes on capes and arms. Thats a problem because my build is based around shards of galanor which doesn't have it. At least my roll. Oh well.

Also blade barrage is a really bad super. If there's a freakin leaf in the way, it's gonna bock 90% of your super. 90% of the time it's a clean whiff, zero kills. Awful super TBH, not even close to the big ones like Nova Warp.

Also at least in Bergusia Forge, breakneck is really bad. By the time it ramps up you're out of ammo. Really short mag. Feels like it's not even scratching enemies. Maybe I'll look into putting a backup mag on it.

Oh also weird quirk since I'm running my titan through the campaign slowly. My Titan was locked at 418 because it wont let me equip my 470+ blues until level 43, and I'm down at 36-38. And campaign goes up to 440 recommended (although I did a 430 campaign mission at 418 without too much problem). Anyways basically randomly noticed Horror Story seems to be a loophole, equipped it on level 38 Titan when it's 650, kicked my light up to 446. There's no level restrictions on it. No big deal but yeah.

Do you just naturally have bad opinions.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Sharkboy is a wardcoil ape, I am so shocked.

Hey, I'm the only person in crucible that doesn't cheat.

No shotgun aping.
No Bows
No Spectral blades
no nova warp
no pubstomping
no whatever 20 million cheap melee crap titans have
No sentinel bullshit
No sneaking around with a sword like a little.
No sniping
No Jotunn
No telesto
No Lunas Howl cheat bullshit
No Not Forgotten
No pulling out Polaris Lance on long maps cheating.

I'm sure I forgot a LOT of stuff.

Wonder what you use? Telesto, Lunas Howl...Nova warp 100% sure...

Geez that super is cheap. Somebody just popped it from a long way off and I'm thinking maybe if I start early I can stand my ground and gun him down...he literally blinks 50 meters in the blink of an eye and is right on me. Took him maybe .25 seconds to cover 50 meters. Beyond a joke.

Josh Hambrick was having a laugh with that one.He was like, "lets make a super where you're like literally superman, completely invincible and you can blink anywhere. Lets see what they do, it'll be funny"

The list is long...

I do try to abuse wardcliff coil lately. Cheating back sometimes helps my sanity. Also you could say the rampage+spec on my Blast Furnace is cheating, I'm trying to abuse that rampage, but then again it's a pulse so already at a huge disadvantage vs the .67 HC's that hit 132 damage in one shot. And also you have to get a kill to begin with to proc rampage and even then it's nowhere close to magnificent howl. Hell it only starts rolling at 2-3 stacks, even 3x stacks is nothing compared to Magnificent Howl which requires no kill to proc and is 100% always on.

I changed my mind though breakneck is good an fun. Just the adds in Bergusia forge are nigh impenetrable. Even though breakneck has extended mag, backup mag still upped the ammo from 40 to 45, which is cool.

The real endgame IMO is mods. I really only basically want lets say, counterbalance, super mods, and rampage spec most of the time. But they're so stupiddd expensive. Especially rampage spec since it's rng. Ada gave me 3 rampage specs in a row, I have 2 extra. However I figure she may never give me another one now, I dont even want to try.

Pulling stuff out of collections makes it cheaper, but it's too mind numbing to handle most times.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Grr discord sucks. I'm trying to join a random destiny server to check out those cool charlemagne stats you guys are doing...

I put in some dumb random username, of course it starts nagging me to verify. It gives me a screen to "claim my account". Even though really I'm, wishing it would get out of my face. It has email and password to claim my account. I put those in. It says "email already in use" or whatever.

So I figure ok, I must have messed weith discord in the past and forgot about it, go to my mail, search discord. Find an old email from discord with a verification link. Click it.

"this verification link is expired. Please login and resend the link". Alright, I get it, it's an old message.

Well I have no idea what that's supposed to mean as there's no way to "login" that I know of...and how am I supposed to "login" with only a random username even if there was a "login" field anywhere which there isn't. All I see on discord are weird landing pages that take up the whole screen and make no sense.

So I'm stuck in a loop, cant claim my account, cant "login", cant verify my email...

What a garbage service. Must be the new IRC...

Edit: never mind I got it

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
shark97, I'mma be honest: your posts sometimes make me question your mental health. You good, fam?

Hmmmmm.... these seem weighted really recently.

IJLZV6I.png

xRnbfrf.png
I now understand why Broadsword sucks on consoles/for console players. You sommbitches can't do consistent precision kills with pulse rifles on controllers. lol

Actually a higher % with hand cannons. Wild. I'm pretty sure the PC average for Redrix precision kills in PvP is around 70%. I'd definitely be interested in seeing more of these data points from console players. Will probably explain a great deal about what weapons have or have not resonated on given platforms and subsequently come off as good/bad.

aarcane

Oct 27, 2017
I'd post my weapon stats, but all they show is how little I've actually played the game. I'd love to play more, trouble is I can hardly find the time.

Edit: Here's the PvE ones anyway.

0LkIgh5.jpg

Let's just say that the PvP numbers are a lot smaller. #1 by category is Antiope/Uriel's/Quickfang. Yeah, I know.

Last edited:

OnChill

Dec 7, 2017
I FINALLY got the Luna!!!!! Mostly played solo which was a hell really. Eventually teamed up with randoms and dominated. So glad, weapon is beasttt

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
shark97, I'mma be honest: your posts sometimes make me question your mental health. You good, fam?

I now understand why Broadsword sucks on consoles/for console players. You sommbitches can't do consistent precision kills with pulse rifles on controllers. lol

Actually a higher % with hand cannons. Wild. I'm pretty sure the PC average for Redrix precision kills in PvP is around 70%. I'd definitely be interested in seeing more of these data points from console players. Will probably explain a great deal about what weapons have or have not resonated on given platforms and subsequently come off as good/bad.

While yes, guns control completely differently on PC and console, let's not ignore the variable that I just might not be particularly good. :P

As far as Redrix in particular, part of that might just be my playstyle with the weapon. Before I proc Desperado, I play very passively and carefully, trying to land those precision kills...and then once it procs I go full aggro and just mash the shit out of the trigger at center mass. The extra recoil that comes with the boosted fire-rate is hard to handle on controllers, and given it's a timed perk, I'd rather just unload than fire slower and pick my shots.

It's kind of a fun weapon to play with in that regard, because I can't really get into the 'zone' the way I can with other weapons. I'm always jumping back and forth between play-styles depending on whether the perk is engaged. So it has it's own unique rhythm.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
My stats

PVP

0FllmJY.png

PVE

qxeylcd.png

Hmm, I guess I'm surprised I used antiope so much in the past that it still leads.

Blast Furnace can be my #1 Kinetic in PVP before too long...

I guess this just can be explained by the metas. I used Mida/anti/Uriels in those meta, graviton and viggy in those, etc. I used Blue Shift for a long time (it's a year 1 RL with a lot of velocity and blast radius). Once pulses became good I used yr1 Swift Ride a ton....

Mida is my all time destiny baby. Miss it.

Haven't used Sins of the Past in seems like forever, crazy. Probably a lot of Leviathan raid kills with Sins.

Fun, I love lists and stats...

Polaris lance pve kills were like that guy said, probably mostly from doing the catalyst, heh.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations! I ironically did better solo last season to get mine. Did you have really clutch win streaks? I think this season is harder to rank up in than the last.

It will be harder as time goes on, more people having Lunas, even more stupid broken guns being tossed into the sandbox, general super changes.... they need to look at Comp period because the playerbase is only dwindling as time goes on.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
good Forge changes
  • Ballistics Logs will no longer be removed at reset
  • Stack limit for Ballistics Logs increased to 5 per character
  • Weapon frames carried across reset now refund into the following
    • "Gold" frames refunded into 1 Ballistics Log
    • "Silver" frames refunded into 3 Modulus Reports
    • Any instance of a Radiant Matrix will be removed on weekly reset
    • Players should stop experiencing the issue where frames are missing from Ada's inventory on a week-to-week basis
    • Players may still only purchase up to 2 "Gold" frames per week
  • Drop rate for Black Armory Lore increased from 10% to 20%
    • Now requires successful forge ignition for chance to drop
  • Quest step that requires players to defeat a high-value target on Nessus no longer requires a player to land the final blow.
  • Modulus Reports and Ballistics Logs will now go to Postmaster if lost. Cap on Modulus Reports still at 15 per account
  • Forge emblems will be awarded when completing a forge, no longer requiring a specific bounty to be completed
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47579

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
  • Drop rate for Black Armory Lore increased from 10% to 20%
    • Now requires successful forge ignition for chance to drop

For any Lore or Triumph nerds I suggest doing the AFK trick before this update to get it off your shoulders cause MAN grinding Forges has proven to be a fun time

Dec 2, 2017

Oh, we can blast the shit out of people if that pulse is called Bygones or Blast Furnace. Redrix's problem is it shoots too damn slow. Everyone's running around with Luna's, unless you're a million miles away you're dead before you get out your 3rd burst.

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, expect big content slowdowns.
They're perfectly capable of subcontracting work out too. Who knows, they might even pick someone better, with Activision they had to stay in-house. The thing with Acti is that for all their deep pockets, they're bean counters. They expect a certain (high) margin or they figure the opportunity cost isn't worth it. Bungie probably has more modest expectations on that front, and might even be willing to lay out more development capital; they'll have little trouble getting their hands on it.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
They're perfectly capable of subcontracting work out too. Who knows, they might even pick someone better, with Activision they had to stay in-house. The thing with Acti is that for all their deep pockets, they're bean counters. They expect a certain (high) margin or they figure the opportunity cost isn't worth it. Bungie probably has more modest expectations on that front, and might even be willing to lay out more development capital; they'll have little trouble getting their hands on it.
That's true, though I'm less confident in their ability to score consistent capital than you are.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
My stats

PVP

0FllmJY.png

PVE

qxeylcd.png

Hmm, I guess I'm surprised I used antiope so much in the past that it still leads.

Blast Furnace can be my #1 Kinetic in PVP before too long...

I guess this just can be explained by the metas. I used Mida/anti/Uriels in those meta, graviton and viggy in those, etc. I used Blue Shift for a long time (it's a year 1 RL with a lot of velocity and blast radius). Once pulses became good I used yr1 Swift Ride a ton....

Mida is my all time destiny baby. Miss it.

Haven't used Sins of the Past in seems like forever, crazy. Probably a lot of Leviathan raid kills with Sins.

Fun, I love lists and stats...

Polaris lance pve kills were like that guy said, probably mostly from doing the catalyst, heh.
how do you get thee stats?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Having a reserve of Reports does save time when you run out when farming guns, instead of forcing yourself to play Forge just for 2 reports.

edit:

Unless this means you're still capped at 15 period, then, well, yea

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
I got Jotunn on my first attempt. Only bought the Pass two days ago and don't even have Izanami forge unlocked. lol

RNGesus has blessed me today.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Hit the LL cap on my Hunter and have been slowly bringing various weapon loadouts to their max, but aside from have a blast in iron banner i feel like I'm hitting my limit unless I can find an active clan that I can easily run NF strikes, finish up some exotic quest lines, maybe even tackle my very first D2 raid with. I've tried soloing NF strikes before but I end up always hitting a wall— usually at the boss or some dumb multi-step section where a mini boss is immune to melting— and feel if I had one other person with me we'd be cutting through it fairly easily.

How active is ERA's clan and how easy is it to throw together a fireteam without having to schedule it days in advance (my availability changes day-to-day)?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Wavesplitter and Telesto is finally getting Nerfed. Now left is the One Eye Fucker Mask, that piece of shit crutch exotic.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Q about the annual pass: do these ever get discounted before a major expansion drops? I want to get back into playing but not at that price, to be honest. I also don't want to have to wait until the end of this year or the next major expansion (if there will be one) for a discount.

Dec 2, 2017
Hit the LL cap on my Hunter and have been slowly bringing various weapon loadouts to their max, but aside from have a blast in iron banner i feel like I'm hitting my limit unless I can find an active clan that I can easily run NF strikes, finish up some exotic quest lines, maybe even tackle my very first D2 raid with. I've tried soloing NF strikes before but I end up always hitting a wall— usually at the boss or some dumb multi-step section where a mini boss is immune to melting— and feel if I had one other person with me we'd be cutting through it fairly easily.

How active is ERA's clan and how easy is it to throw together a fireteam without having to schedule it days in advance (my availability changes day-to-day)?
Join the era discord. People from multiple clans in there all the time doing stuff.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Q about the annual pass: do these ever get discounted before a major expansion drops? I want to get back into playing but not at that price, to be honest. I also don't want to have to wait until the end of this year or the next major expansion (if there will be one) for a discount.

No it doesn't. At least not so far.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Yikes

I just realized that the activision parting will no longer give Bungie access to High moon and VIcarious Visions.

Are we worried? These collaborations for warmind and Forsaken kind of saved the damn game. Hopefully Bungie is back on its feet after the help lol

I'm not really concerned. I feel like Activision likes money and Bungie could buy time with High Moon and VV, or buy those studios outright.

I'll be watching cautiously as Destiny 2 transitions into Destiny 3 or whatever Bungie's next big step is. But, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Dec 2, 2017

I love how transparent they're being post-Activision, right down to giving us lore rate drop %s. The Wavesplitter nerf was needed, but on the other hand that weapon is frickin' cool so I'll kind of miss it even though I never owned it.

Telesto getting nerfed again...I barely used it in PvP, but it's a shame they had to nerf the one truly great meta fusion to appease the shotgun/handcannon hordes. But it is what it is, people never shut up about it. Hopefully Jotunn can stick around. This is probably the most viable fusions have ever been, there are like 4-5 workable ones now (Erentil, Telesto, Jotunn, Main Ingredient/Loaded Question).

Scout + Auto rifle buffs are welcome, those weapon classes are all but ignored by the majority of players. I hope this means Cerberus gets nastier.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When they buff autos, scouts and snipers.

ArtisticRepulsiveFireant.gif

When I still gotta return to the talking trash can, the rambling dishwasher, the yapping air conditioner that is Ada as a quest step for a frame.

DZTXhmC.gif

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Wow...on Xbox LFG is so easy it's basically a step removed from matchmaking. For example I prefer to no mic nightfall's for 100k score to knock out both in one run, a post with those criteria never takes longer than a couple minutes to show up, click interested, wait for invite (might have to repeat that step a few times). Boom done.

I assume you're on PC or something but yeah, at least learn about LFG sites and such. Not sure what people do on PC/PS4. I used to use LFG WEBSITES before Xbox LFG.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So the TWAB, they're buffing 200 and 270 (?) scouts? Nice.

Black Scorpion is already pretty damned effective as is, I dont care what anybody says. It's just going to get better now. Could also mean my baby Mida returns.

Mine had rampage too, time to slap a rampage spec on that baby on the 29th probably!

I'm not hoping for like full meta status for Mida or anything, that's asking too much, but every little bit helps!

Actually seemed like a restrained TWAB. I was fearing buffs out the ass making a further mockery of crucible.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yikes

I just realized that the activision parting will no longer give Bungie access to High moon and VIcarious Visions.

Are we worried? These collaborations for warmind and Forsaken kind of saved the damn game. Hopefully Bungie is back on its feet after the help lol
Was secretly hoping they were taking VV with them. I hope they contract work out or Atleast absorb a part of them, those acti studios really seemed to be passionate about the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.